New York City

Raecheal

DIS Veteran
Just hoping some Disers can help me out...

1. Direct flight from Buffalo to JFK, is $215.00 reasonable?

2. Any recommendations on Hotels?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :hug:

The flight is reasonable, though if you can get the flight to LGA it would be closer to the city! I fly LGA to BUF often.

Hotels, well it depends on where in the city you are headed... They range from best to worst :)

I agree about trying to fly into LGA since it's closer.

What area do you want stay in?

My DD and I are going in June and we are staying at the W in Times Square.

We booked a flight with Continental out of Toronto to Newwark for $350 for May long weekend. Might be worth looking.
Try www.kayak.com

We are staying at a hotel at Newark Airport and shuttling in to the City.

hello! :)
I'm a travel consultant and no thats definitley not a reasonable rate unfortunately! I agree with LGA as well!

I sell alot of New York Marriott Downtown..

Do you need a travel agent to put together a package for you because I would love to help! Hehe.. :goodvibes let me know! PM me!

:sad2: I thought solicitation on the DIS was against TOS? :confused3

I second kayak. That site along with southwest.com has always found me the best prices. You can use their site to find close airports that offer better prices and if your dates are flexible you can also sometimes save money.

For example, using kayak I was able to save almost $100 on my Oct trip for the Wine & Dine marathon because they showed me a flight out of Akron instead of Cleveland.

whoa its ok ill remove it--not a big deal we didnt have to spotlight me ... all you had to do was PM me your thoughts.. you didnt have to shake your head either all i was trying to do was help! :confused3

I didn't really shake my head. I only smilie-shook my head. :)

OP, I've never flown but we've stayed at the Sheraton Times Square, DoubleTree in times square and Millenium UN Hotel. For location - Sheraton Times Square all the way. I loved the location! Room size and awesome views of the city - Millineum UN hotel. Doubletree was ok too but Sheraton gets my vote.

Thanks everyone.:hug:

My mom and I are looking to head down between

October 7th and October 11th.
Those dates cannot be changed, and is during the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. The cost of $215.00 is EACH, not together.

As for the hotel or hotel district, I have absolutely NO idea....It will be our first time down!

Here, to settle the debate I put into Kayak that I wanted to fly from Buffalo to NYC. I left Buffalo on a Thurs and returned on a Tues. The cheapest flights were Rochester to either JFK or LGA ($159 round trip) and the cheapest from Buffalo was to either JFK($199 round trip) or LGA ($200 round trip).

If that $215 is one way it sound steep, if it is round trip it sounds reasonable.

ETA: I did this before seeing the post with the dates. I rechecked and the prices were the exact same. $199 or $200 round trip on Jet Blue and US Airways respectively. The $159 Rochester flight was also the same and also Jet Blue.

The flight is reasonable, though if you can get the flight to LGA it would be closer to the city! I fly LGA to BUF often.

Hotels, well it depends on where in the city you are headed... They range from best to worst :)

Thanks, I didn't know LGA was closer to the city!

I agree about trying to fly into LGA since it's closer.

What area do you want stay in?

My DD and I are going in June and we are staying at the W in Times Square.

LGA.. got it! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure where to stay, a Hotel where were able to walk to most things (if that's even possible). I'm looking into the different districts right now... I"m thinking 'Times square' may be it...

We booked a flight with Continental out of Toronto to Newwark for $350 for May long weekend. Might be worth looking.
Try www.kayak.com

We are staying at a hotel at Newark Airport and shuttling in to the City.

I"m on the site now... Thank you. I've thought about shuttling in... but it's just not a good option for my mother and I. I need some place within walking distance (some what)!

I second kayak. That site along with southwest.com has always found me the best prices. You can use their site to find close airports that offer better prices and if your dates are flexible you can also sometimes save money.

For example, using kayak I was able to save almost $100 on my Oct trip for the Wine & Dine marathon because they showed me a flight out of Akron instead of Cleveland.

Thank you, I"m on the Kayak site now. :)

OP, I've never flown but we've stayed at the Sheraton Times Square, DoubleTree in times square and Millenium UN Hotel. For location - Sheraton Times Square all the way. I loved the location! Room size and awesome views of the city - Millineum UN hotel. Doubletree was ok too but Sheraton gets my vote.

Thank you for those recommendations. I'm going to check out their websites. :) I needed a place to start because I just have NO idea...

Here, to settle the debate I put into Kayak that I wanted to fly from Buffalo to NYC. I left Buffalo on a Thurs and returned on a Tues. The cheapest flights were Rochester to either JFK or LGA ($159 round trip) and the cheapest from Buffalo was to either JFK($199 round trip) or LGA ($200 round trip).

If that $215 is one way it sound steep, if it is round trip it sounds reasonable.

Thanks- it's a round trip. I'm just worried that if i dont book it soon (within a week or two) the prices will go up (because it's a holiday here) you know?

Check out Travelzoo for hotels. I'm also a huge fan of Hotwire/Priceline. I just got the Doubletree Times Square for $144 last month. I've also gotten the Sheraton Towers for $115 last year.

Hey OP,

Sounds like the airfare is a good deal so I would grab that.

You can look around for hotels for a bit. You can't go wrong with the Times Square area as it is close to lots of shops/broadway and not too far from Central Park.

Hotels can be very expensive and I would go with a known entity because there are some stinkers out there as well. Check reviews on hotel.com and other websites.

My DD and I are going in a little over a month! It will be her first visit (she's 8) and we are so excited.

October is a good time, not to cold or hot and not too crowded.

Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter