New Year's FANTASY 12/28/13

Who else is running???

Our whole family ran on our last cruise. It was HOT . . . even in January!! I can't decide whether we want to go to the trouble this time. Nice thing is that you get off the ship early. But after last year's race, I went back to the ship to shower and get breakfast. We did snag some good chairs though. I'm guessing we'll play it by ear.

As far as excursions go, we are going to Loterie Farm on our own in St Maarten (we have a group of 8). We are renting a cabana by the pool for the day and doing their zip line course. I'm really looking forward to it.

Then on St. Thomas, I think we will just take a cab to Magens Bay and hang out. Love it there!

We're getting close - almost here! :cheer2:

Jodie

L
Who else is running???

I ran last time and had a great time, but I think it will be too hot for my DDs, so we will probably pass this time. I also have parasailing booked at 11 and want to have some beach time first.

We are also planning to hit Loterie zip lines on St. Maarten (4 of us), then doing some eco-snorkeling at Pinel Island.

On St. Thomas we have a kayak/snorkel trip booked.

My DD7 is very nervous about snorkeling. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get her excited?

My DD7 is very nervous about snorkeling. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get her excited?

When my kids were smaller, I bought cheap snorkels at Target and let them practice breathing in the bathtub. I bet you could find some cheap ones online. Then take her to the local YMCA and let her try it in the pool and/or at home in the bathtub.

Also - I read that you should go to Loterie as soon as the ship docks to do the zip. It apparently gets very crowded with cruise ship excursions if you wait. I believe RCCL even has an excursion there to zip.

Jodie

I've heard that about Loterie too. If we all arrive right after the ship docks, it seems like it will still be crowded. ;) That's our plan, though.

After I posted this morning I started thinking about the snorkel thing. I think I have found a class at a nearby pool where they will teach her how to do it and help her get comfortable. I think she will love it if she stops being scared.

I've heard that about Loterie too. If we all arrive right after the ship docks, it seems like it will still be crowded. ;) That's our plan, though.

I think its the RCCL ship that tends to crowd things up since they offer the excursion.

I can't decide whether I want to do it or just let the kids?? I read where its more obstacle than zip.

I noticed that there have been lots of cancellations, and there are many categories now available (esp verandahs). It will be interesting to see if DCL offers a sale or if folks snag them up. The prices are so high, I'm skeptical. Maybe those of us who booked GTY will get lucky with so many staterooms open. Crossing my fingers!

Jodie

We just joined you today! We are a family of 4 - me, DH, Gabe (12 but will turn 13 on the cruise) and Cate (10). This is our 5th Disney cruise but 1st Disney 7 day. We are very excited!

Hi there,

We would love to join in on the meet up for the 2013 New Year's Cruise on the Fantasy. My name is Mari, my husband is Jeff and we have two children, Jonathan is 8 and Carmen is 5. We would also like to participate on the Fish Extender exchange. Please advise....it is our first time doing a meet up and participating in the Fish Extender exchange....need some guidance. This is our second cruise on the Fantasy.

Thank you and look forward to meeting you all. pixiedust:

Take care,

Mari

Hi there,

one more thing....we are in cabin #9668.

Thank you,

Mari

Hi Mari!

We are right next door in 9666! :goodvibes This will be my 5th cruise, and the first on the Fantasy- My hubby & son Tyler (16) have been on the Magic 2x, and my youngest, Timmy (14) has been on the Magic 2x and the Dream 1x. So excited to sail on a new ship!:)

The meet is going to be held on the first day at 2pm- in the Vista Cafe on Deck 4- at about 2:25 we'll be taking a photo of our group on the stairs- then people can either keep hanging out or go on to the DVC presentation or the Spa tour & raffle. I hope you will join us! :goodvibes

Ellen

Crossing my fingers that whoever has room 2014 might agree to swap with us. We have 2018, and our friends are in 2012. We would love to be in 2014 so that we can connect with them. :flower3:

Jodie

The meet up will be on Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

Sooo looking foward to the NYE cruise!!

Mari

Hi Ellen,

How great is that!?

This is our 3rd cruise as a family and 2nd on the Fantasy. Our first time on Fantasy was June 2013 to West Caribbean. Amazing trip and Ship!!

Since I am so new to the DISboard I cannot figure out how to reach the person in charge of FE exchange. I have not posted enough to send a private message....10 posts required. Any ideas or help? We are new to FE and want to make sure we have the bases covered. Love the whole idea....my 5 year old DD is going to LOVE it!!

Our family of four are cruising with my sister's family of 6. We are from Virginia, the DC area, and my sister and family are from Central Florida. We all had fun in June 2012.

Take care and have fun!!:beach:

Mari

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter