New Years Eve

mickey+minnie91

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how the park is on New Years eve. Do they have any special events planned for ringing in the new year?
Thanks!

Packed. Packed. Packed.
The park usually reaches capacity by mid-afternoon and stops letting people in. So, if you want to be there for NYE fireworks, etc....get to the park by noon-ish and plan to not leave until after midnight.

Packed. Packed. Packed.
The park usually reaches capacity by mid-afternoon and stops letting people in. So, if you want to be there for NYE fireworks, etc....get to the park by noon-ish and plan to not leave until after midnight.

Packed. Packed. Packed.
Makes me think of the pictures from Times Square on NYE.

Geemo

Packed - Packed- and even more packed. I was there 2 years ago with 8 and even if it is free, I will never go at that time again.

What are some alternatives to being the park at midnight?

I've done it once and it was fun, but we knew what we were in for. Once we left the park early because we had done rope drop two days in a row and were just exhausted. (side note... the hotel had some crazy behavior that night, hope to avoid that next time).

So any ideas if you are in the area, but not DL proper? Is DTD an option or is it also super packed early in the evening?

Packed, packed, packed...meaning you are shoulder to shoulder and can't walk anywhere, especially in the evening as it gets closer to fireworks time. The best you can do is shuffle 3-4 inches at a time. Even then, you can't go wherever you want because it's one way paths throughout the park. If you're claustrophobic, don't go. I'm not, but I still almost had a panic attack at one point, as crowded as it was. Would I do it again? Heck ya!! As long as you go in knowing what to expect, you can still have fun. Everyone was in good spirits throughout the night, which made it fun. A lot of people brought cards and games and just sat and waited for the fireworks. If nothing else, it makes some great memories and stories to tell later. :)

We were there last year (and consequently this year as well). There was no way we were going to be able to do the park from noon on, so we went to DCA. The park was crowded but no more than normal for that time of year. We received party hats and noise makers...it was festive. We watched the New Years Celebration from Paradise Pier. It was not crowded, good views of the DCA celebration, WoC, and the higher fireworks from Disneyland.

Yes its packed but its worth it if you are patient, we are planning on being there early and then heading to DCA for the actual 2016 welcoming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter