New years eve? Go to a park or stay at hotel

diamondect4

Earning My Ears
We are going the week of New Year's Eve. We have been to disney a number of times but never New Year's Eve. We have a 10, 8, 2 year old and I'm afraid that the crowds will be to crazy. So I was thinking of just having our own New Year's Eve party in the hotel room at OKW. We will be going to mk to see the Fireworks on the 30th which are the same as the 31st but I feel bad doing nothing New Year's Eve....so I wanted to take a poll and ask people what would you do on New Year's Eve?

On NYE we went to HS fairly late in the evening. We wandered around the Osborne Family Lights, took pictures, and drank hot chocolate! It was crowded, but manageable. We had no expectations of getting on any rides. Right before it was fireworks time, we exited the park and watched them from the Christmas tree right outside of bag check. When the fireworks were over, we were the first people on the bus. It was a great way to spend New Year's Eve!

We stayed at OKW last year on NYE and the resort had some great activities going on. They gave the kids hats, beads and noisemakers. They had a dance party by the pool with lots of games. We left well before midnight (my kids were too tired to make it) but I know they had things planned up through that time. If you are looking for something low key and without crowds, it was a fun experience. The party was by the main pool/restaurant area.

We stayed at OKW last year on NYE and the resort had some great activities going on. They gave the kids hats, beads and noisemakers. They had a dance party by the pool with lots of games. We left well before midnight (my kids were too tired to make it) but I know they had things planned up through that time. If you are looking for something low key and without crowds, it was a fun experience. The party was by the main pool/restaurant area.

I didn't know that about OKW having things to do, I will look into that...sounds fun!

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter