New Year's Eve 2022/23 - Non Park this year

theresaruth

Mouseketeer
I will be staying onsite during the holidays again, New Year's Eve included. After attending the Epcot and Magic Kingdom for the New Year's Eve celebrations over the years, I decided this year not to be in any Parks. I know I can view the fireworks from locations throughout Disney. Has anyone stayed onsite during New Year's Eve and not attend any Park celebrations? I will not have any children with me and will probably be resort hopping and having dinner somewhere. Let me know what you do in celebrating without going to the Parks. Thank you.

I'm under the impression that the Polynesian beach will be restricted to people staying there. There will be a viewing area at the TTC, but it will be crowded. California Grill and Narcossee's will have expensive parties that evening ($400-$700/person).

I will be staying onsite during the holidays again, New Year's Eve included. After attending the Epcot and Magic Kingdom for the New Year's Eve celebrations over the years, I decided this year not to be in any Parks. I know I can view the fireworks from locations throughout Disney. Has anyone stayed onsite during New Year's Eve and not attend any Park celebrations? I will not have any children with me and will probably be resort hopping and having dinner somewhere. Let me know what you do in celebrating without going to the Parks. Thank you.
Dh and I have been down several of the last few NYE's. He is not big on parks and doesnt like the crowds. We do enjoy mono area resorts for this. It is nice to boat, mono or walk around and enjoy what we can. You can take the boat from MK to wl and see their beautiful lobby.

You know you can just ride the mono to epcot and back. That is fun too.

Note: try not to use buses or ride share. The roads can be a mess.

It is the best time to be at disney and not go in parks. You can't even walk with so many people just sitting and waiting for the night shows. However the magic is great on seven seas lagoon area.

Another option is to be on Skyliner and hang out on the boardwalk. I just prefer mk area.

I'm under the impression that the Polynesian beach will be restricted to people staying there. There will be a viewing area at the TTC, but it will be crowded. California Grill and Narcossee's will have expensive parties that evening ($400-$700/person).
Thank you, I am sure I won't be attending those very expensive parties LOL.

Two places that might not be crowded for fireworks are the courtyard in front of the Contemporary and the Fort Wilderness beach. You can also grab some snacks at Disney Springs and bring them back to the resort for a night in.

We will stay at POFQ for NYE and our plans are to have dinner at Disney Springs and just enjoy the resort festivities. We did the same in 2018/2019 and had a lot of fun and met King Mickey at midnight.

One year we spent the evening at Disney Springs, having dinner, then walking around and having drinks etc.; one year we stayed back at the resort and had drinks/apps etc. in our room, went swimming etc. There is plenty to enjoy not going to a park on NYE

Last year we were staying at Boardwalk for Christmas week. We went over to Yachtsman for dinner on NYE, came back and changed, then went downstairs to the Village Green where there was a DJ. We hung out there and by the boardwalk, with a drink in our hands, and enjoyed the evening. Would have loved to go to Epcot, but were leaving at 3am the next morning and didn’t want to be out late. Still had a great night, though! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter