New Year New You April! April (Exercise) Fools

TigerCheer2009

<font color=990099>Random dancing and Xtreme Laund
Welcome to the April Challenge! The challenge selected by fellow WISHers was: April (Exercise) Fools! The stipulations were that you had to try one type of new exercise each week. It may be hard, but it should be fun too!!! You can try yoga, kick butt in kickboxing, shoot some hoops, run around and around, walk a mile every day if you are that ambitious....whatever. The goal is to enjoy and try new types of exercise.

OH!!!! And if anyone has ideas for the next challenge, feel free to PM me! It's appreciated!

Who's in?!

Challengers: :cheer2:Date Started :banana: Weeks for Challenge
TigerCheer2009 April 1 5/5 (counting 4-30)
StitchIsOurHero April 1 5/5
jayna22 April 1 3/5
NYcpa April 1 0/5
NCRedding April 1 0/5
kimwim8 April 1 0/5
bigolive9 April 2 3/5
goldcupmom April 2 5/5 (but 4/5 days per week!!!! Good!)
ohMom April 4 3/5

Clippie: To get the clippie, remove the {} and replace with []!
{IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/jpove2009/nyny_april.jpg[/IMG}

nyny_april.jpg

I'll try this. . .it sounds like fun! :banana: We have been talking about getting bikes, so that would be something new, too! I am starting April 1, so I guess right now, it's 0/5 for me, too! :yay:

I'm in on this one too! I'm not sure what I'll do, but I guess I'll give it a shot. I'm at 0/5.
Thanks!
jana

Count me in. I have joined Kelly Lyn so I can try some of their classes.

I am at 0/5

I have a few ideas about some different exercises to try. Count me in 0/5.

Thanks for doing all these monthly challenges.

I'm in. Thanks for the new challenge! Starting today 0/5.

I am in. It might be kind of hard, but we just got digital cable, and there is a whole section of fitness in the On Demand part, so hopefully I will be able to try some new things.

Count me in! Yesterday I tried the 'booty' machine at the gym. I've always been reluctant as your 'booty' is in the air facing a mirror and it reflects it so EVERYONE can see gargantuabooty! But I did it!!

Another new exercise for me - I RAN!!!

Only 5 min, but almost 1/2 mile and 1/2 was uphill. It's a start!!

i'll try to hit some new classes at the fitness center this month -- count me in

well i'm not sure how to count this -- i tried two new classes today do they both count? b/c there is only 4 weeks in April? but the challenge is one new exercise per week totally 5? sorry i'm :confused:

anyhow -- you tell me if i'm 1 or 2 of 5 ok?? :teeth:

today i went to 'Chisel' class focusing on lower body and omgreatgoodness my heartrate was soaring HIGH after 15 mins of various types of squats! thankfully we used the stability ball too -- i had to like slow down, drink water and let my HR slow down b/c i knew i'd never make it through the 50 mins! afterwards I stayed for a 30 min "Stretch and roll" class focusing on pressure point stretching using a foam roller -- whoa! it was AWESOME and my legs/hips felt it very much!

Ok, my "new to me" exercise this past week was to walk 2 miles or more each day. Today completed Day 7! :cool1: That puts me 1/5. Congratulations to everyone on their "new" stuff! This is great! :banana:

Sorry it's taken me so long to update. Cheerleading tryouts were this week...

OhMom-I counted the last day of April as its own little week. Sorry for the confusion!

Keep up the awesome work. I counted jumps as my exercise for the week.

TigerCheer--Jumps definitely are a great exercise! We are having tryouts at our school next week (I'm the coach), and jumps are the most hated thing we do! :cheer2:

I am 1/5 so far. I played tennis with a girl from work on wednesday. It was mostly running around chasing the balls, because neither one of us know the rules! But, I figure we get more exercise chasing and hitting than we would playing for real.

I am also 1/5! This week I added some running. I'm sure I looked ridiculous and I couldn't run very far, but it was added.
Thanks!
jana

New exercise #3 - my Yoga Booty Ballet DVD's came yesterday. I'm not sure I like them, but I did the instruction & basic one today for 54 min. I was a bit disappointed in some ways, but maybe the others will be better.

OOH! I just remembered, I've also added a daily 7 min AB DVD - AB Ripper 200, so I guess I"m 4/5 now!!

I am 2/5! This past week, I added in the Billy Blanks Boot Camp DVD--let's just say that Billy & I are not close buddies. . .not exactly sure I like him very much after the pain and agony he put me through! :lmao: It did, however, make a difference, so I guess I have to keep it up!

For this new week, I'm going to try to add in some jogging. . .look out people, this should be quite frightening! :teeth:

Everyone have a great Easter! :wave:

I am now 2/5. This week I added Leslie Sansone's Walk and Kick. I think I will try to do this one everyday--even on gym days.
Thanks!
Jana

Good job everyone! It's been beautiful albeit rainy here. I got a good walk in almost every day last week!!!

Julie-How is Yoga Booty Ballet? I think it would be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter