New Year...Can we get rid of "this" already?

DisTeach1

DIS Veteran
I absolutely hate it when posters put "this" in response to something someone else has said. Drives me batty. I try to skip over it, but really, if all you have to say is "This", then don't say it...it's repetitive and stupid and means nothing.

Can we ban "This" from the DIS for next year?

Okay...I know, someone is going to read this, and post "This". Yeah, been there, seen it.

I suppose poster could write "I completely agree with the post I have quoted, and would like to submit my own support for your opinion to ensure that other DISers know of this support," but the expression "this" is much more succinct and clear.

I've been avoiding using "this" on the DIS Boards because I wasn't sure that all posters would understand the nomenclature, but you have proven that most posters are aware of the usage. So thank you; I will feel free to start using it! :goodvibes

You want to do away with "I agree" and MTE as well? They mean the same thing. What's wrong with agreeing with someone?

I absolutely hate it when posters put "this" in response to something someone else has said. Drives me batty. I try to skip over it, but really, if all you have to say is "This", then don't say it...it's repetitive and stupid and means nothing.

Can we ban "This" from the DIS for next year?

Okay...I know, someone is going to read this, and post "This". Yeah, been there, seen it.
Doesn't bother me, and I'm already batty!

Well I suppose that the boards could add it to their list of banned words. ;)

I guess if there was a "like" button "this", "mte", "+1" etc wouldn't be necessary anymore.

How about this guy instead? ::yes::

You want to do away with "I agree" and MTE as well? They mean the same thing. What's wrong with agreeing with someone?

And ditto.
And the head nodding smilie.

I find other things here much more annoying than that, but to each his own! :)

And ditto.
And the head nodding smilie.

I find other things here much more annoying than that, but to each his own! :)

Like all the DH/DS/Dwhatever nonsense. But I would never presume to tell people how to post.

tumblr_lltnzw1dDP1qkbidro1_400.jpg

I agree with the OP. I, too, find the use of "This" when referring to a quoted post annoying, but won't ask people not to use it as it seems to be a hot topic! "ITA" or these guys :thumbsup2::yes:: send a message, at least, but just saying "this" bothers me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter