New Yavn Speaks 4/1 - Yes it's real this time ;)

Wow did he really blame the crashing and failing on cheaters? We see right through such excuses in the tech world. Shame Disney.

Responding to a thread, does not make a person rude, expressing a point of view, is just that, yes communicating outside vmk is against the rules, if your giving personal information, my opinion stands, allowing people to form groups here was a form of cheating....

Neither of those things is actually against VMK values. You can communicate outside VMK and then meet up in VMK. You just can't reverse the process, communicating in VMK to meet up outside VMK.

And rigging the pirate game isn't cheating if all 4 or 6 or 8 people are in on it. Who is being cheated?

All I will say is, that room = :love:. Who ever had the idea :worship:. Any chance there is a bigger picture of it....? :rolleyes1

No, it is not against values, it is only against values if you give personal infgormation WHILE IN VMK. There is no difference of opinion, it is black and white. they cannot set rules for nor enforce any values off the VMK site. None, zero zip nada. What they can set rules for is if values are broken WHILE ON VMK. (there it is again, gee, you think that any personal information transfer might have to take place WHILE IN VMK?). What we do off VMK is our business and does not concern VMK at all, whether they like it or not.

What you said was not rude, but the tone you took and continue to take is.

And, for what it's worth, a whole LOT of us here were fellow board members before the game ever started! Just look at some of our start dates.;)
Kim

Neither of those things is actually against VMK values. You can communicate outside VMK and then meet up in VMK. You just can't reverse the process, communicating in VMK to meet up outside VMK.

And rigging the pirate game isn't cheating if all 4 or 6 or 8 people are in on it. Who is being cheated?

Point taken

I am sure there were alot of teams like yours that were formed in vmk and you played pirates and congrats to you if you won! I was just trying to state the opinion, that some were not that way, I guess I should have been more specific in saying, that vmk set a score to high, for a person to go to lobby play a game of pirates and move on, it had to be done with 3,5,0r 7 more people, they set it up that way, so there fore there to blame for it. If a game caters to 8-14 year olds, as they state, then make a quest that that age group can do. Or make two quests maybe age specific groups afterall, they do ask for birth year information when signing up.

I whole heartedly agree the quest was ridiculous. I do not know anyone that can just go into the pirate lobby, join a game and actually get that score, and my brother is good at pirates. Same goes for ghosts, I am very good at that but to just go in and start a game would not have really worked either. And I have said that forever about the fireworks game, which I really stink at. lol I want my green car lol. I was almost there on the green car before they changed the fireworks game, now I will never get it lol. And with the inflation of the items for sale in the stores lately I demand an increase in game pay to accomadate that lol. Oh yes and with the price of the dog (2500 credits) he ought to do something besides wag his tail and shake his head lol, where are his akc papers lol. Everyone is so tired and disappointed with the events of the weekend.

What a joke of a newsletter!:lmao: I finished the quest, but let me tell you how I did it. I actually had to call people on their phones to explain the strategy. For others, I had to send them instant messages outside of the game. Lucky me that I have 7 friends that I have made contact with outside the VMK world. I don't think that made me a better player than anyone who could not complete #16. What about the 10 year old kid who is GREAT at pirates, but did not have enough close friends on VMK to even stand a chance? Did he not try his best? What made my skin crawl about the entire thing was that finishing was not based on pirates skill, but on popularity.

I have a pretty tough skin, but I felt so bad for this kid on my friends list. I would see that he was in the pirate lobby ALL DAY. He played his heart out. My team was filled with 8 so I could not help him. I decided that this kid earned my silver ears. You would have thought that I gave him a million dollars!

Right Yavn, lots of team spirit going on.:rolleyes: Sorry, it was not all "Koom By Ya" on those docks.

Hey there! Yavn here..................... We were especially pleased to see VMK'ers working together in the Pirates and other games to complete the Quest.

Read it again! He actually complimented people for teaming up on pirates!! This tidbit seems to have gotten overlooked in all the mudslinging.

Read it again! He actually complimented people for teaming up on pirates!! This tidbit seems to have gotten overlooked in all the mudslinging.

Yeah...too bad he ruined it with the rest of his comments.

Yvette

However, since this month seems to be an advertisement for the ever-lovable Pirates of the Caribbean Online game, I'm guessing that next month will be...
Penguin month, to advertise for the Penguin Club or whatever it's called

Or...

Toontown month, to advertise for that game

Or...

A Penguin month, but they re-release the Toontown Fireplace - Kill two birds with on stone ;)

Sugar :)

Anyway, I'm sure you want to know the theme for this month? Well, we've got, I mean had, some great plans, but somebody (cough, Yeti) lost them!
(Just between you and me, we're partnering with our pals at Toontown for a Topsy Turvy Toon month!)

Nailed it, March 5 ;) :lmao:

Neat new room, looks kinda like Coke Corner on Main Street, but what the heck does that have to do with Toontown? :confused3

A little disappointed that they aren't making a Toontown for VMK in honor of TOONTOWN month, but oh well. Maybe one day.

Well you all amaze me, you formed groups here on dis boards outside of vmk, to play pirates to win the quest, It is supposedly not within vmk values to do this. So you must all be cheater's. And vmk promoted this, buy making the pirates impossible to win, unless teams were formed, and I myself witnessed some very rude dis people in pirates lobby who felt they were entitled to hog the lobbys, because these certain people felt entitled.
I am not sure why a moderator would congratulate you all for having spoilers on here, then for allowing people to form groups here outside vmk. I guess as long as the majority of dis boarders won, thats what matters.

I don't like you. :goodvibes

Neat new room, looks kinda like Coke Corner on Main Street, but what the heck does that have to do with Toontown? :confused3

A little disappointed that they aren't making a Toontown for VMK in honor of TOONTOWN month, but oh well. Maybe one day.

Again, that one quote of "well, don't expect a Toon Town to pop up in VMK" really was a slap in the face. Kinda like if there was a New Orleans Square themed month, but sorry we're not going to give you a New Orleans Square.

This just in from Yavn: No more looking at Google for answers to future quests, We know who you are!

Captain Blackheart's Treasure Quest
Many will start, few will make it to the finish!

The prizes were beyond anything I expected. The difficulty was equally brutal. Overall, I enjoyed the Quest. Furthermore, I would love to see similar Quests a couple-three times a year.

I know most people are sore about it. There were some awful downsides, no doubt. We experienced players have seen it all before. New Players? Well, welcome to VMK. This is the way VMK has been since the day I started playing two years ago. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably deluding themselves with some back in the good ol' days memory trick. VMK has made improvements, but they will never fully "fix" it. :rolleyes:

I know ya'll deserve to rant away and blow off steam, be my guest. It won't change VMK or the ultimate bottom line...

Don't like it? Don't play. :teeth:

Like it? Glad to have you with us! :hug: :grouphug: :hug:

Oh and Arrrrrr! Me mateys... pirate:

I can't believe this! Is there really going to be some new magic this month, and where is flying carpet magic? Will it be one of the some? Yavn, don't make promises that you can't fulfil.
The new room looks cool, all I can see going in there is tables, umbrellas and snack bars. Now these new Toontown items hmm I wonder what those could be, do you think maybe those Mickey items will come out?
~Spongeblair

This is what the Main DISboards page describes about our VMK section:

Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Game Board
A place to share information, ask game questions, discuss new items, quests and strategies with other players of Disney’s Virtual Magic Kingdom.

Hmm, sharing/asking/discussing quests. Yavn, maybe you ought to talk to DISboards about changing the description and purpose of VMK DISboards. Oh wait, I guess you did since spoilers were removed at one point during the quest.

But that didn't stop us! So then people searched the Web. Darn it for the information super-highway. Your helping too many people win this Quest ("few will win").

"Let's stop the quest early so people stop winning, oh and not tell anyone or publish this time until an hour before"

The quest was won by defeating very difficult game portions, not about hackers or published answers.

Punish the hackers, do punish the rest of us. I just spent thrity-five hours of my life doing this quest for my family and many others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter