New Wyndham Grand

Uh oh - does the pool area seem (3yr and 6yr) kid friendly? Have a reservation at POP, but saw a good rate for the Grand - king bed w/ bunk beds that I think the kids would like, but not really up for much of a formal type experience this time around. I realize it's not POP style, but don't want a Ritz type experience either if that makes sense.

Thanks for any help and I hope you are having a nice time!

I have a 9 and 2 yr old and I don't think that they would enjoy it as much as some other places. It really is a nice upscale hotel. My kids are a little loud and rowdy and I think I would keep worrying they were disturbing people. There are many kids out there who are more proper and can behave well in more adult situations so if you have some of them they may love it. I used to sit for a family years ago and traveled to many wonderful hotels with them and their kids loved it. But their 8 year old ordered swordfish from room service and was in heaven. I only saw adults but I was also walking around at almost 10pm. I do not know if the amenities of the rest of Bonnet Creek are usable by Grand guests. I don't know why they would not be as I was able to walk into the hotel you could walk out and you don't need a keycard for the pool. If so there are a ton of kid friendly pools and activities within a short stroll and then I think we would be fine. I am sure it would be a great adult only trip. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

My baby is sick so we're hanging in today and my oldest and I just took a pool hopping tour of BC. We went into the new hotel pool and it is really nice. It is a horseshoe shape with one side zero entry. There is a hot tub there that looked very nice. It was very quiet, only a few other guests out there.

I think I'm going to stick with POP this time around, even though the rate I got for Wyndham is great. I am sure my kids would be fine, but I think we'll save the upscale type trip for another time when they are a little older.

Hope you are all having a great time and the weather has improved over last week's!

Thanks so much for the additional info.!

Toured the property today, and it is gorgeous. To answer some of the questions listed earlier...

The hotel's bus is dedicated to the Grand and does not stop at the timeshare portion.

All of the F&B outlets are open, with the exception of Back Bay, which will be the casual eatery by the pool and on the lake. It is due to open in a couple weeks.

And yes, it was confirmed that guests of both the Grand and timeshares can use the other's facilities.

The rooms are awesome, the concierge lounge is gorgeous, and as best I can tell, this place is an incredible value.

I am staying concierge level next Tuesday. I am excited to see it.

Can you please give details and maybe a picture or two? I just booked for 12/23-12/26 for 6 of us. We are staying in a queen with a double bunk bed room. I haven't been able to find any reviews since the place just opened

Toured the property today, and it is gorgeous. To answer some of the questions listed earlier...

The hotel's bus is dedicated to the Grand and does not stop at the timeshare portion.

All of the F&B outlets are open, with the exception of Back Bay, which will be the casual eatery by the pool and on the lake. It is due to open in a couple weeks.

And yes, it was confirmed that guests of both the Grand and timeshares can use the other's facilities.

The rooms are awesome, the concierge lounge is gorgeous, and as best I can tell, this place is an incredible value.
Thanks Deej! Nothing like a first-hand report from someone who knows what they're talking about.

Awesome review!

I do have to admit, I am a bit curious to see how the financial side of the hotel is going to mesh with the Timeshare resort. For example.... The whole timeshare pool towel issue. (a system started because of the costs put on owners due to missing towels.... so with potential hotel guests using those pools now too, it'd be interesting to see how things work out...... not to mention possible crowd increases at the timeshare pools).

Awesome review!

I do have to admit, I am a bit curious to see how the financial side of the hotel is going to mesh with the Timeshare resort. For example.... The whole timeshare pool towel issue. (a system started because of the costs put on owners due to missing towels.... so with potential hotel guests using those pools now too, it'd be interesting to see how things work out...... not to mention possible crowd increases at the timeshare pools).
You have to sign the pool towels out to your room. If you fail to return them, you get charged $25 per missing towel, so I don't think that, in itself, would be an issue for Wyndham timeshare owners with Bonnet Creek as their resort bearing a hotel expense in their MFs. If they require hotel guests to check their towels out at the hotel, rather than the timeshare, that should completely eliminate the towel issue.

Obviously, there is a question of the expenses of maintaining common grounds and services like the security gate. But since the 1,100 timeshare villas also have access to everything in the hotel, maybe they just consider that a wash.

Pool crowding could be an issue at the Pirate Pool and the Tower 5 lazy river, I guess. But I think the hotel guests are going to be shorter-term guests who won't spend that much time at the pools. We'll see.

I toured the Grand Sunday. I was staying in a 1 bedroom presidential in building 6 at the Wyndham. There is an interior hallway that connects Building 6 to both the parking garage and the Grand. That was nice at night.

The hotel lobby is nice, but not as spectacular as the Hilton or Waldorf bonnet creek where i have also stayed during past trips.

I asked if we could see rooms and a bell man brought us to see two different ones, one with bunk beds and one without.

They were nice and roomy, no balconies.

We also toured the spa, which I thought was nicely done. There is a large and comfy relaxation room you can visit for as long as you like before and after your appointment. I am definitely going to try this when I am down on a longer trip.

I thought the pool was rather small, and the hot tub did not seem warm enough to me.

I am partial to the lazy river at the main building at the Wyndham. They replacd the pool furniture there. Very nice. It was very calm in there Monday night.:thumbsup2

For what it is worth, it was convenient to park at the Studios and take the boat to the International Gateway to visit Food and Wine. I was also able to park at the Boardwalk one morning.

Could you tell me what time the club room (concierge level) opens for coffee in the morning? I am an early riser and would like to let my DH sleep while I have coffee and read the paper. Also, how are the gym facilities? What time is the gym open? Hope everyone is enjoying their stay!

I believe the sign outside the lounge said it was open from 7-10, but don't quote me on that. As for the gym, they have a great facility adjacent to the spa. Lots of different machines yet it didn't feel cramped like many hotel gyms.

Awesome review!

FYI... The towels at the Grand are yellow & white stripes. The ones at WBC are blue & white stripes.

I was offered a 3 night stay there at a discount, as I'm a Wyndham timeshare owner. I'm staying there Dec. 1-4.
Question: Is it possible to park for free? It burns me up that they charge a "resort fee" AND a "self parking fee."
Thanks.

I was offered a 3 night stay there at a discount, as I'm a Wyndham timeshare owner. I'm staying there Dec. 1-4.
Question: Is it possible to park for free? It burns me up that they charge a "resort fee" AND a "self parking fee."
Thanks.

heh... I wonder if the Resort fee is going to go towards the maintenance of the actual resort at all, or if Wyndham is going to pocket that money exclusively for use at the Hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter