New Wilderness Lodge questions . . .

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
After reading so many posts about Wilderness Lodge, I'm really excited about staying there! We've requested a woods-view room on the North wing overlooking the otter pond. I have a couple more questions that I don't think have been addressed yet:

1. My kids aren't really old enough/brave enough to enjoy the e-night rides, so I'm hoping to leave them in the WL Kid's Club while Dad and I have an evening to ourselves -- maybe even a grown-up dinner. We'll be there the first week of June, so I assume e-nights would start around 9:00 (correct me if I'm wrong, please!). What's the per-hour cost of the kids' club (Note: I have two kiddos)? Should I make reservations before I leave home? If so, to whom would I speak?

2. We are looking forward to the Water Mice -- the lake activities are one reason we chose WL. I heard that there is a "Family Marina plan" that works out cheaper if you're going to use the boats more than once or twice. Can anyone give more details about this plan? Especially, how much does it cost? Is there a limit to the mouse-time allowed? How far can you take these boats? Could you go over as far as the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian, for example? What hours are available? Could we, for example, use a water mouse in the evening hours after dinner?

Slightly different question: If we don't go with a Family Marina plan, I read somewhere that Water Mice cost X amount per half-hour, and that the passenger pays the same amount as the driver. This makes no sense to me -- I mean, use of the boat is the same no matter whether it carries one or two people -- so I suspect this might be wrong. Can anyone verify?

3. We would love to do the Flag Family thing; however, I don't want to get my hopes up if it's like getting reservations to Cinderela's breakfast! I know there are no guarantees -- I'm just wondering how hard it is to get this perk. Do most people who ask for it get it, or are the majority turned away? I assume that arriving early in the day would help our chances.

4. We won't be getting a refrigerator, but we'll want ice for drinks occasionally. Are ice machines centrally located? This is hardly a make-or-break detail.

Whew! I asked quite a few questions! Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on these topics, and I may ask more later.

I just returned from the WL. I can't answer all of your questions but here is the info I know. The Cub's den is $8 per hour per child. I don't think there would be a need to make reservations ahead of time. The $8 also includes dinner. There are ice machines on each floor. We were in the northwing courtyard view and the ice machines were right next to the elevators. For us E-nights were from 10 pm to 1 am. By the way enight is kind of hit or miss. We did one on 8-2 and it was great. No lines at all just walked right on the rides. We did another on 8-6 and it was horrible. There were 30 minute waits for most rides. Very disappointing since we had paid extra. Using fast passes during the day was quicker. The Lodge is great. Hope this helps.

I was wondering the same thing about the family plan for the marina rentals. I know I read it somewhere but I cant seem to find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter