NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
<center>
siren.gif
Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!
siren.gif

This thread has activated the "DIS Advanced warning system"
Please be aware that when this thread reaches 150 pages, to help with the responsivness of the dB it will be closed.

We welcome you to start a new thread to continue your discussion. Please keep in mind that we really need you to keep the thread on topic for the resort board. A more general discussion is better suited to the Community Board.

Happy Posting - 5 pages to go!

siren.gif
Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!
siren.gif

This has been a "DIS Advanced warning"
</center>

Oh my..only 5 more pages?? My question this time is...what are the things that my family should take time to do while staying at WL?? Our dd is 9 and we have decided to spend the mid-day time while there in Aug., at WL, recovering from the heat and humidity of the day. Any thoughts on what to do, other than the obvious...use the pool. Thanks.

Goofy4tink,
If they still do it, have her take part in the duck races. When we were there, the winner got a free mouse boat rental or something similar.

I rang the CRO to apply the new AP rate to my WL Concierge reservations for next month ... and thought I would let you all know the rates apply to all views up to and including Concierge BUT do not include the WL Deluxe rooms!

We are toying with the idea of bringing the twins with us (making us a group of 5) and looking for suitable accomodation has been a challenge to say the least.

I asked about WL Deluxe rooms but was told that rates do not apply to them. Thought y'all should know!

...regarding the "length of stay" use of Mickey boats, we did this last August. The price was $199 for up to 4 persons. You had to show your key each time you decided to use any of the things available, such as the pontoon boats, the water mice (Mickey boats), the volleyballs and nets, and, I believe, the canoes. It was SOOOO worth it for our family; we'd return to the WL eaach afternoon, grab something to eat, and my 2 older DS's were off to the marina to get a boat! You also get access to Bay Lake, which is surrounded by the Poly, CT, GF, and MK!

goofy4tink...
By all means, DEFINITELY try out the duck races...lots of fun! Also, you could venture out to FtW to do some horseback riding or visit the petting zoo! It's also nice to rent some bikes to ride along the shady paths - relaxing and economical!

Ratpack...
Way to go!! I'm so jealous....:mad: (LOL)!!

momtothreeangles...
(BTW ~ I'm curious; should your user name be "momtothreeangels"???!?!?:confused: ) If you request #6012, you will be located in the "outer wing" section of the North Wing, and it is a ways from the elevator, and, especially from the lobby. I wouldn't go much higher than a 5th floor room if you prefer an "open balcony".

P.S. ~~ I will be starting a NEW thread for the WL, including a link to this thread, for those of you who will want to refer back to this thread.......:teeth:

kimmar067...thanks for starting the new thread here. I'd be lost without you guys helping me out. Duck races???? Will have to look into those! And we are going over to Fort Wilderness for BYB and a trail ride and other stuff too. We've never been over there, so are looking forward to exploring the area!! I can't wait to become a WL vet like you guys.

Originally posted by the Legend
I rang the CRO to apply the new AP rate to my WL Concierge reservations for next month ... and thought I would let you all know the rates apply to all views up to and including Concierge BUT do not include the WL Deluxe rooms!

When I booked my deluxe room for December I was specifically told that AP rates would not apply but that a code rate might.

What is the AP rate for WL Concierge?

Has anyone ever stayed in a deluxe room and asked for concierge access to be added on at check-in?

I have heard alot of good room suggestions and thank you! What is the best location for a family with three young children? Room opening to the lobby? But does that put you near the pool or near the boat docks? I would like the 5th floor I think for a better view. I have heard to request to be on the north Magic Kingdom side??? We have a woodview. What do you all think??? I need to call tomarrow seeing as we arrive on May 2nd. Thank you for your advice it really appriecated!----Chris

I've heard that a lot of people with kids prefer the ground level floors that are near the pool. Easy access to the pool.

We are going in October, the end of Value season (checking in on 10-1) and will use an AP code whenever they come out (July I guess???) So which will be cheaper... a cabin or a room with a queen bed and bunk beds? Thanks! Steph

...have to say a std room queen/bunk set-up. A cabin accomodates more persons, so it will probably be a litlle bit pricier. (you ARE talking about FtW, right??)

Just some FYI on the Yellowstone Suite at WL.

We reserved it for October and were able to add a connecting concierge room so now we have room for all of us to sleep comfortably.

CRO said the Presidential and Vice Presidential suites can connect to concierge rooms to create a bigger suite.

We're really excited. Had originally booked AKL but we can't be guaranteed a high floor or a non-smoking room and the recreation is better at WL so we booked here after cancelling AKL.

the rates from last year at different places... I want the cabin for the room but it might be cheaper to get 2 rooms at the ASMo. I am assuming that the AP rate is about 40% off? Steph

GADS! Only 4 pages left! And the search engine is overloaded again! Someone please post some info on these "Duck Races". Assume this is a kids pool activity? Any other similiar things I should plan time for? We got ressies for the Pirates Cruise! Kids are 10 and 6.

Artemus

The "Duck Race" is part of the Cub's Den activities for children. We've only seen it once but all the kids are given rubber ducks that they release in Silver Creek. They start outside the Lodge lobby and end up near the main pool.

I was going to ask this on another WL thread but thought it might be better here. We have requested via DU a woodsview, queen and bunk room, higher up and nonsmoking, hopefully with a view of MK. My question....since all this is noted on our request already, with DU, should we re-request them again via a fax or phone call several days before? I just don't want to be considered a nudge. Thanks and the duck races sound right up my dd's alley.
Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter