NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by 2bemarried
This might be a very silly question...but do all of the concierge rooms have king beds??
You need to voice your requirements when booking and again at check-in. You can also send a fax to room coordinator at the WL 4 days prior to your arrival to reaffirm you requirements.

There was a hilarious room request fax thread floating around last year ...

Do all the rooms at WK have balconies except couryard view?? Never stayed in a room without one......just checking. Thanks

northwds-the courtyards views have balconies.
Some higher floors of the courtyard have enclosed balconies (which means you have to stand to see anything because the wooden slates are altogether there are no spaces between them) where other floors have balconies where there the wooden bars that make up the balcony have spaces in between them, so you would be able to see while sitting.
I think the rooms that open up right onto the pool (the first floor) only have a patio.

Opps I was confused thanks. So do all the rooms have balconies, standard, etc??? Thanks. I have never stayed there before and am trying to get a handle on things.

...the inner courtview rooms DO have an "open" balcony (up to the 6th floor) The higher rooms have a "closed" balcony, whereas, in order to see outward, you'd have to "lean" on the railing. But, EVERY room has a balcony (except, of course, the ground-level ones, which have a "patio" that is sort of hidden with large rocks).

We are finally staying at WL - we were originally staying at POFQ and got lucky with a fantastic upgrade to WL for early June. DH and I are THRILLED!! We ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe back in 1999 and fell in love with WL, but with 2 kids, there's no way we could afford to stay there. BUT NOW WE ARE!!! Yippee!

Thought I'd ask a few questions from you veterans who've stayed there before; sorry if these have been asked and answered already, but this thread is 140+ pages long, and I can't read thru all that!

(1) Do all the rooms have hair dryers? I could use the space in my suitcase.

(2) What about recreation - I know DH and my boys would love to rent those "water mice" and go around the lake. How many people do those water mice hold? Is there an age limit? (My boys are 11 and 13). How much does it cost?

(3) Has anyone walked/jogged/biked over to Ft. Wilderness? Would it be convenient if we wanted to do the Ft. Wilderness campfire/movie with Chip & Dale? I guess we'd have to bring flashlights if we're walking at night!

(4) How does the pool slide compare to POFQ?

(5) If we decide to eat at Artist Point, is it a dressy place or can we wear "park clothes"?

Thanks for all your help - I'm sure I'll have more questions as I do more research. I'm so excited!

Ok, I thought of another question:

We're getting a "woods view" room. From Deb Wills' site, it sounds like we'll either face the MK or the WL Villas. If we face the MK, do we have a chance of actually seeing the castle, or will we just see trees?

We stayed at the Lodge this past Dec and Feb. We had Woods View rooms on the 5th floor overlooking the Otter Pond. There was a great view of Cinderella's Castle and the fireworks. These rooms are located in the North Wing. Hope that this info helps you. My girls (3, 4 yo) also loved looking at the ducks in the pond. We were even lucky enough to see an otter one day. Have a great trip, my family loved staying at the Lodge!

Hi Amy!
Our first time staying at WL was last Dec. We liked it so much going back next Dec. It is gorgeous, and very comfortable!
1. Yes, they have hairdryers.
2. My boys have rode the watermice in the past, they will hold 2 people, not sure of ages, or price!
3. We walked one morning to FW for breakfast, nice walk, but you can also take the boat from WL to FW.
4.We didn't use the pool, but kids were enjoying the pool slide, it did not look to be very big though!
5.Sorry, didn't eat at Artist Point, although we saw people going in jeans. Whispering Canyon was fun, with good food!
Hope this helps! I,m sure you will get lots of replies! This is a popular resort!

HI Everyone

Can someone tell me why they call it the Bear's Face? I read about it here and am curious. As I understand it, this is the area that over looks the pool (also when they call it courtyard, is that where the pool is?) and you can see the Bay but also your door opens into the lobby? Is this right? In a previous post, someone gave me the room numbers, which is great, but I want to make sure that I am on the same page.

Help???
thanks

:confused:

Hello WL vets,

I have some simple questions which I am sure I could answer if I read all 147 pages of this thread, but call me lazy I thought I would just ask instead.

1. Are there coffee makers in the rooms, if not can I request one?

2. Are the ice buckets large enough to keep a couple of juice boxes in? (I hate to pay extra for a fridge just to keep juice in)

3. Is the playground area near the beach or by the pool and did it tend to be crowded or not? (My 2yo dd loves a slide and swings as much as WDW)

4. What time does the boat start running to MK in the morning - I have PS at MK at 8:05 on a non EE day so am wondering if I should just drive or is there a boat that early?

5. Where can I see MK fireworks from - we will be there for several grad nights and I understand that they set off fireworks at some point.

Thanks for the info in advance
Alena :wave:

Can someone tell me about the rooms on the concierge level. What to expect? Is it worth it with 2 small boys ? I know they do not have a lounge. But what do they offer ? I know it would be more for my Disney Best Friend and I then the 2 little ones we are taking. Any help is great ! "hey has anyone seen the Tag Fairey???":bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Mad4Mickey

The rooms on the concierge level are similar to those on other floors except that they have a refrigerator placed under the washbasins and the balcony is enclosed. If you have ever stayed on sixth floor rooms, the balcony is the same enclosed way. The dimensions of this balcony are, I think, slightly different from the open balconies. From what I can recall (I've done both) the enclosed balcony felt slightly deeper than the open one. Also, I found it good because you don't panic that something is going to roll off the edge of the balcony! The downside is that you cannot see directly down, and have to be standing to get a good view.

Re: concierge offerings - There is a continental style breakfast with cereals, fruit juice, pastries, muffins, croissants and tea and coffee. I found breakfast to be really worth it. Then later on they have cookies and gummy worms and sodas. In the evening they had a hot dish and soup and desserts, wine and cheese and various cordials. We didn't really spend much time there in the evening so I can't really comment on those offerings too much. We found that the items were replenished regularly.

Although people often go on about the lack of a lounge on the concierge floor, it really isn't a downside. The seating area is around the seventh floor balcony with tables and chairs. This really gives a good chance to enjoy the atmosphere of the lobby in your own privacy. It is really a great feature of the concierge level. There are also terrific views of Bay Lake.

Overall, there are lots of plus points to the WL concierge level. Your 2 little ones might not appreciate it, but you wouldn't expect them to - it is a little bit of luxury for yourself and your friend.

Also, your packages go to your room, not to the WL Mercantile store!

#1MMFan :bounce:

Coffee Makers...not in the rooms, but I believe you can request them from Lodgekeeping.
Ice buckets...I don't think they're large enough for several juice boxes. Try getting a cheap styrofoam cooler, or a collapseable cooler and fill it with the hotel's ice. Cheaper than a renting a 'fridge.
Playground...On the beach. I don't remember swings, but there are slides, and things to crawl through and on. Great for kids while waiting for the EWP. Bring along a pail and shovel so DD2 can play in the sand.
Have a great vacation!

Ariel85,
The reason this area is called the bear face is because it looks like a bear's face. Go out to the geyser at night and look back toward the center of the lodge when the lights are on. The windows are arranged so that they appear to be two eyes and a big nose just like a Bear. It is so cool to see.

Here is my take on Concierge Level food and such.

We stayed there in December for our anniversary. We personnally enjoyed the offerings they had. Here are some examples...

Breakfast - Muffins, bagels, and other easy carry breakfast things along with fruit

Afternoon snack - Crustless PB&J, cookies, gummy worms

Dinnertime - One hot item from one of the restuants and numerous finger foods, and a soup.(We had Ribs, eggrolls and some other things I cant remember)

Dessert (around 9ish) - Cheeses, finger desserts (mini eclairs) and some very good cordials.

I hope that gives you a bette idea. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and did not like it as much and our regular we had the previous time. But that is our opinion.

We came back to the resort alot to change and stuff and always found the offerings plentiful and tasty.

We ate there in Dec of last year and dec of 99 and both times we just wore jeans and I wore a polo type shirt. There really is no dress code that i know of but we didnt wear our park clothes the resturant just felt too nice for my kakki shorts and nike Tshirt. BUt again that is just me. Hope that helps

What is the additional charge for the Concierge Level?... Does it vary with the price you are paying and time of year?

Does someone have a rough average for the month of June?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter