NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Legend,

I would love to hear of your elevator experiences with the seventh floor - I too had some experiences and was asked if we were staying in the penthouse and also "what IS up there?" and "is it JUST coffee?"

#1MMFan :bounce:

To make sure I've got this right from reading this board, is it true that I can ask upon check-in at WL for an upgrade to concierge (and expect to be charged about $35 a night)? Would this be the case even in early June? What about if the original room is a studio villa booked with DVC points - is it still eligible for an upgrade? Or is a studio villa preferable to a concierge room? TIA!

Are there "standard" rooms with bunk beds????

Is the transportation a very long ride if you are not going to Magic Kingdom?

Tell me about the pool!

Thanks!

Are there "standard" rooms with bunk beds????

Tell me about the pool!

Also, we are smokers and I have heard this place is mostly non-smoking...are there standard rooms which are smoking rooms?

Thanks!

Originally posted by oringderff
To make sure I've got this right from reading this board, is it true that I can ask upon check-in at WL for an upgrade to concierge (and expect to be charged about $35 a night)? Would this be the case even in early June? What about if the original room is a studio villa booked with DVC points - is it still eligible for an upgrade? Or is a studio villa preferable to a concierge room? TIA!
Upgrade price to Concierge is based on your current reservation and availability. WL Concierge is the cheapest at WDW. Last September we booked 4 nights Courtyard view and upgraded at the counter for a total of $130 approx.

Im not too sure on upgrading from a DVC or villa booking but you should be able to confirm thru the CRO.

There are standard rooms with bunks. There are also standard smoking rooms, but I believe they are on the south wing.

The only smoking rooms are on the South wing of the 5th floor.

Also, we are smokers and I have heard this place is mostly non-smoking...are there standard rooms which are smoking rooms?

True, there aren't a lot of smoking rooms, however there are plenty of public balconies where they do allow smoking.

I can ask upon check-in at WL for an upgrade to concierge (and expect to be charged about $35 a night)? Would this be the case even in early June?

As another poster said, it's based on what type of room you have and availabilty. $35 is a deeply discounted upgrade rate with a courtyard view reservation. Personally, I wouldn't expect to be able to upgrade upon check-in at any rate in June. It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

We thought the transportation at WL was as good or better as any other resort we've stayed at. Bus waits were no longer than 10 minutes, most under 5. We had heard some very negative reports on the WL transportation, but were very pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Kimar for the info on the Bunkbeds, Sorry about not replying sooner but we were off the computer for a week or so. Not sure if the lobby area will be too far from the pool and too noisey. We'll have to mull it over. Personally I would be happy if they would just set me up on a cot in the corner of the lobby if we could just be there right now. I'm looking out the window at 6 inches of snow and it's April 7th for crying out loud! To add insult to injury my counter says we are leaving in 4 days. What a cruel joke! LOL Anybody elses countdown timer gone crazy. Wait a second! Maybe it's a surprize trip! Maybe Mickey Mouse will be outside our house with a limosine waiting to wisk us all off to a funfilled week in Disney World! Oh Boy Oh Boy!..... Then again maybe the timer is just screwed up. Ahhh well back to reality. Take care

...yes, I hear ya!! (re: the snow, that is! My hyascinths (sp?) are all under 3 inches of the white stuff!!) And can you believe it...the Yankee's Opening Day game CANCELLED!!! ARRRGGHH!!

Anyhoo, the lobby shouldn't be TOO noisy if you request a higher floor. Also, it's not really that far of a walk to the pool area....JMHO, when I compare it to the lengthy walks from a MOD resort room to: food court, pool, bus depot, etc.....

A cot in the lobby does sound nice compared to this weather. :(

OH MY!! This will not do, back to first page.

But instead of just bumping,

Any of you other WL Vets going to be at the lodge from July 26 - Aug 2? We are making a return trip then.

We are going to WL May 22 - 28 for our first stay there. What would be the fastest way to get to the Fort Wilderness stables for a pony/horse ride? Walk, boat, bus?

Thanks!

Artemus

I know this has been discussed before, but I must ask again:

What's the price for the two "family recreation plans" that include the rental of water mice boats?

I'm thinking there was one plan that allowed four hours of water mice time for around $100, while the other allowed unlimited time for around $200.

hey There -

Just got my three nights at WL 4/27-30 to finish off out trip after 4 days timeshare deal at Residence Inn by Marriott!! Yippee!!!!
Was always my first choice and kids agree - better than POR for us!!!

And Ratpack - if I can swing it - we are looking at maybe a little stay in August before heading to Galveston for our cruise! Business is good, winter was stinky and I need as much WL time as possible!!! Plus, my AP expires in August - just GOTS to get my money's worth by spending 3x as much!!!LOL

Two weeks to go!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Just had to post because I havent posted in a while.
Next week we will hit the 120 day mark and its time to start calling Disney Dining. WOO HOO!!:Pinkbounc

I am so excited about this trip I have even started drafting our room request. I am nuts, I know.
Just wondering, without going back and looking all through this thread, if anyone has been given an upgrade to concierge at check-in time?
Just wondering how I could inquire when we check in without seeming pushy. If it doent happen, no big deal, I just thought it would be nice to try. I am not usually the type to do that, so I thought I would ask for some advice from those who have accomplished that.
Thanks!

This might be a very silly question...but do all of the concierge rooms have king beds??

2bemarried-I dont think they all have king size beds because I have heard of families staying in concierge and I am sure a king size bed would not do for a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter