NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is WL faq but we are staying in a studio @ the WLV and was wondering does anyone have any suggestions for room location here?

TTFN

jetsetter

I know this is WL faq but we are staying in a studio @ the WLV and was wondering does anyone have any suggestions for room location here?

TTFN

jetsetter

What the heck are we doing waaayyy down here in no-man's land???? Bumping us back to a more respectable place. Let's get on with the questions and answers. TGIF!!!

A simple question came up last night during a family session of "Disney planning" that I could not answer. How far is the guest parking from the lobby? We always drive to WDW because we only live 7 hours away.

Usually I have to retrieve things or we forgo the WDW Transportation System at times. For example, we will be going to see Bob Jackson at POR one evening during our May trip and figure it will be easier to drive to POR.

We usually have enough gear that bell services are enjoyed at checkin and checkout with the car temporarily parked right in front. But I prefer to park the car in the lot myself afterward. How does this work at the Lodge during checkin?

Thanks!

Artemus

From the lobby to the front of the parking lot isn't bad at all. Not even as far as from the lobby to the boat dock. Now if you have to park in the back, then it is quite a ways. The back of the lot reaches almost as far as the little guard shack when you come in.

This is not a problem at all. Hubby always drops me and the bags and goes off to park the car. I tip the bellman and the bags go off to never neverland until we are checked in . At that point you call bell desk and they are brought up to you. My hubby always gets to the lobby before I have finished checking us in. Parking is not far away, just down the embankment. There is a walkway and stairs bringing him back to the portico and front door.

I know you guys probably answered this about a zillion times...but if you wouldn't mind once more reading all 140 pages of this amazing thead has made me go "goofy"...

Is there any standard rooms with balconies, and should I request this before I get there? I have searched ,but can't seem to find an answer.

Thanks everyone
Tracy

...you don't have to request a balcony for your standard room! However, may I suggest that you request "highest floor possible/ North Wing side", increasing your chances for a great view of the Castle!

Kimmar067...YOU ARE AWESOME.... I have read a good deal of this thread and let me tell you...the reason that this information is going strong is b/c of you and your passion for the WL....

Thank you for you quick and simple answer....I am going to request that ASAP, maybe i should fax it, and call. I am assuming by your answer
...you don't have to request a balcony for your standard room!
most standards have balconies?

Thanks again Tracy:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We stayed at the lodge last year and will definitely go back! It is awesome. We asked for a woods view, but ended up with a poll view on the top floor. Couldn't have been better.
One little tid bit of info. for those of you, if you drink beer, buy a six pack in the mercantile shop to take out to the pool area. it's cheaper than buying it by the can at the pool. Just an FYI.
Artist Point has great food! Definitely a must.

I'm new here and am struggling with where to stay in November. I have reservations at BCV, but am also considering WL, Poly and maybe the Swan/Dolphin.

The WL sounds great, but I'm really concerned about the transportation as I will be travelling with my 3 DDs (who will be 2, 5 and 7 years old when we travel) and my dad (who will be 78). Are the boats crowded after the Parades/Fireworks at MK, or just in general? I've heard that the boats stop at FW first and then often pass WL by if they're already filled. What if it's raining? How comfortable are the boats then?

If I do decide to change to WL, and want to take advantage of a code, do I cancel BCV now (made the reservation on the web, so it is WDTC) and make a CRO reservation for WL? Or should I wait and see if a code is released for WL and then call?

As an aside, I'm really glad to have found all the information I have (mousesavers.com, DDL.com, and these boards), but it's almost overwhelming.

Thanks!

Offsite - When WDW first opened (Have no clue as to a date)
Contemporary - When it first opened (Have no clue as to a date)
Swan - When it first opened (mid-80's?)
ASMusic - 2000 (actually could remember that one...)

Are the boats crowded after the Parades/Fireworks at MK, or just in general? I've heard that the boats stop at FW first and then often pass WL by if they're already filled. What if it's raining? How comfortable are the boats then?

We stayed at WL this past December/Jan, a very busy time of year. We didn't find the boats to be anymore crowded than any other form of transportation. In fact, it was our favorite means of getting where we wanted to go.

I've heard the comments about the boats passing by WL too and it simple never happened in the 2 weeks we were there. It rained a lot during our trip. If it's heavy rain or a bad storm, the boats didn't run..but that only happened once. As far as comfort...they're covered. It was uncomfortable once because it was raining and very cold, but other than that, when it's raining and cold EVERYTHING is uncomfortable! All in all, we were extremely pleased with the transportation at WL.

If I do decide to change to WL, and want to take advantage of a code, do I cancel BCV now (made the reservation on the web, so it is WDTC) and make a CRO reservation for WL? Or should I wait and see if a code is released for WL and then call?

It depends. Are you only going to change to WL if a discount becomes available? If so, there's no reason to change your reservations now. You will need to keep in mind the deadlines for reservation changes and cancellations that apply to your current reservation though.

...for helping out, peachgirl ~ couldn't have said it better me'self!!

:( I miss the Lodge -
I wish I were I one of you that r going soon :(
-SIGH-
You will love it!
Remember - try to sneak down to the jacuzzi early in the morning with a cup of java - it is quiet and WODERFUL to watch the sunrise!
:p

We are staying at the WLV the first week of June - my first time EVER to stay in a deluxe property!! I am wondering if there is a "prime" area/room to request. Also, what is the deal with this faxing a room request? Do I do this to request a specific room?

Finally, is it tacky to ask for upgrades? I just need some etiqutte direction!!

cheers!!

Originally posted by Tonyspad
I am looking into booking a concierge room at the WL and was wondering if anyone has ever used a discount code for this class of room and what they paid in regular season. Thanks
Most of the codes are applicable buts its best to ring to check. We're booked for our 4 day Concierge stay next month using the AEA code (rate: $285 plus tax saving $100 off regular season rate).

Although its money saved, it wasnt as good as last year where we booked via AP rate for Courtyard view and upgraded at Check-in. But I like the place so much that staying is a given.

To learn more about WL Concierge and the resort in general, click here to read my WL Trip report which hopefully has all the answers ;) :

The Legend returns: Day 1 - Welcome to the Wilderness Lodge
Read this episode to find out about Check-in, upgrading to Concierge, the exclusive Concierge floor, WL Concierge hours and contact details.

The Legend returns: Day 2 - Finding our feet and the Magic Kingdom!
Read this episode for the specifics of our Room, more on Resort and Concierge Services and all you wanted to know about the FW/WL/MK Boat service!

The Legend returns: Day 3 - American Idle or Too much time on our hands!
Read this episode for more on Resort and Concierge Services including the Concierge food offerings and times.

The Legend returns: Day 4 - Paying the Price!
Read this episode for more on Resort and Concierge Services.

The Legend returns: Day 5 - Welcome to the Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Read this episode for closure! ;)

Enjoy!

..."the Legend" for posting with links to your Trips Report!! Wow, you were just there in Oct. and you will be on your way again in just a few short weeks (althought it'll probably seem like MONTHS!) I'm so JEALOUS!!!!:crazy:

Originally posted by kimmar067
..."the Legend" for posting with links to your Trips Report!! Wow, you were just there in Oct. and you will be on your way again in just a few short weeks (althought it'll probably seem like MONTHS!) I'm so JEALOUS!!!!:crazy:
I know, it really doesnt seem that long ago. We were actually supposed to be there during Easter but I changed my plans so my sister and her 4yo daughter could join us.

It was a tough decision for us to make the trip this year especially with all that going on in the world right now. The 25 hour trip from New Zealand to WDW was tough enough then but I'm imagining its even harder now! However, this hasnt stop me from making the annual pilgrammage to a Disney resort and I am splurging out this time (AKL Concierge 3 nights/WL Concierge 4 nights/RPR Club level 3 nights).

I decided to review some of the later pages (130+) just to catch up with news and info from the Lodge. I found out there was alot of questions about Concierge so I decided to help out where I could. I orginally wrote those TR's with the idea of helping others because I know how hard it was for me when I first went, so Im glad to help where I can! ;)

Much obliged! We certainly appreciate your wealth of knowledge re: concierge....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter