NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dwddad, thanks for the info. regarding visitors. I know our friends would love to see the hotel and would be disappointed if they couldn't meet us there. Thanks again for filling me in!

kimmar, thanks for the dust and happy dance! I'll be sure to do the same for you when it gets to be time for you to go!!

domiii, I so hope we get a room overlooking the otter pond! I'll be sure to take some binoculars! I can't believe you could actually hear them barking! How neat!

999ghsts, I will be faxing my info. tomorrow to the WL. Realizing that tomorrow is a holiday, will this be a problem with receiving my fax?

Thanks again, all, for helping to make me a very well informed WL traveler!:D

Hello HRCCRAZY! I've learned a lot from this board and this is what I know about standard rooms. Floors 4,5,&6 in the 1st wing on the north (mk side) overlook the service area. The 4th floor rooms over the front desk overlook roof peaks so they would seem to be the quietest. Hope this helps! Have fun on your trip!:D Nickimouse

Hi All - Just back from WL. All I can say is WOW!!! WHAT A PLACE!!! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed staying at the lodge. It was so convenient, relaxing, and I can't say enough good things about all the CM's. We had the best time. A little rocky at first at the HRH at Universal. Wasn't real impressed with how the place is run but they made good on it by upgrading us to a King Suite. What a relief it was to get to WDW after Universal.

We were in room 4013 overlooking the pool. I'm not sure what wing it would be called but it was the same side as the boat dock. We had a car but used the Disney transportaion as well. The only time we waited for any mode of transportation was at Epcot. We had about a 20 minute wait for the bus. Did the 6/28 E-night and knocked out all the mountains. After that we did all the parks (except AK) at a leisurely pace and never once had to use the FP. It did start to get crazy Monday at the MK though. All in all a wonderful trip and I LOVE THE WILDERNESS LODGE. We are not planning any trips in the future because the kids are getting older, but I would love to go back just to stay at the WL. I envy all of you who have yet to start your vacations!! You have much to look forward to...but then again, I now have many wonderful memories.

P.S. Didn't see one lime green ribbon!! Rojoe

:D Rojoe, thanks for your WL report! I look forward to arriving there Sunday! I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience!

:) 999ghsts, thanks for the heads up about when to send the fax. I will try to send it around 4:00pm, like you suggested. Thanks, too, for the info. about Disney $$. It is good to know. Once again, thanks for the great job you do here helping us all get "prepared" and make decisions. You're the best!

;) Seems a question always pops into my head right after I submit my post! Just blame it on excitement, I guess! I promise after this, no more questions! :D

When we booked our trip, our agent put us down for a king bed. I guess this probably went through on our ressie to the WL. Will the WL already have this info.? DH and I would rather have 2 queens. Do we need to request this, since our original info. stated king?

Also, it sounds like the terms North Wing and MK side go hand in hand and are interchangeable....when requesting this area, do I need to put both terms or will I sound redundant stating North Wing MK side? DO I need to put MK side in order to face the MK in the North Wing? I'm sorry to sound confused and oblivious....I just want to make sure my fax comes across ok.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU in advance!!!

Pluto 14 - I know your question is addressed to 999ghsts but when we arrived the CM had several room choices for us. We requested bunk beds on an upper floor with a view of the lake, but when we got there we had a choice of 3 or 4 room locations. The only thing we required were the bunks. We must have changed our minds 2 or 3 times. We didn't request a floor but obviously we wanted the 5th because of the open balcony but they were all taken. We chose the 4th which was perfect. We saw the lake , the pool, and even the water pagaent from our balcony. What I am trying to say is that in our experience we found the CM's to be very flexible and it is ok to change your mind when you get there. Just state your most important request first and you may find you have a few choices on the other less important requests. (At least, that's how it went for us.) Good Luck!!! Rojoe

999ghsts,
I need your help, please. We have a wood's view room reserved for 7/26-7/29, just my DD (11) & me. My question is: I'd like to be on the south wing facing the villas - is this now considered a courtyard view due to the villa's quiet pool? Also, are the 6th floor rooms on that side dormer balconies? We like to be high up, but I'd prefer a regular balcony and I need a n/s room because I have asthma. Should I just shell out the extra bucks and go for a courtyard room? My previous courtyard experience was quite noisy, so I don't want the inner side - I will have just finished teaching summer school & will be craving R & R before my sister & her rowdy kids meet up with us @ the Poly on the 29th. However, I want to look at more than trees. Thanks so much for your help, Tracey:D

I have a woodsview room booked for Labor Day weekend and requested bunk beds. Can someone tell where in the resort the woodsview rooms are located? Also, where is a good location to request?

Thank You,

Lisa

LisaNJ, go back to page 3 of this thread and you will find a post from 999ghosts that has a lot of info on where rooms are located. Hope this helps!:D

Rojoe- thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to post a report when we return!

999ghsts- thanks for your tips, too! Unfortunately I didn't get to read it before I sent the fax, but I did put both terms down just incase....guess I'll sound redundant, but I guess it is too late now! ;) I did mention queen beds. Thanks again for all of your help. I am certain our stay will be enjoyable!

Well, we leave tomorrow bright and early!!! I must finish packing, so this will be my last post until we return! Thanks everyone for all of the wonderful info. you've posted and for all of your help. I'll post a WL report as soon as we're home!

We're off to see the mouse!!!

999ghsts,
Thanks for the help. I want the end of the south wing on the villas side, down by the trail to the boat rentals, so I'm assuming from your post that these rooms are considered courtyard view. I'll call today & upgrade. Please let me know if I'm mistaken, so I can use that $84 on food & recreation.;)
Thanks for your help, Tracey

Does anyone know if there is a charge to have packages delivered to the WL? I was thinking of using netgrocer.com to have some supplies sent down before we arrived.

Back 6 days ago from WL....
Dropped off at front door. CM right there to get our luggage, very friendly but explained check in wasn't until 3. Front desk wait about 7 minutes. Again great CM and our room was ready.

I had faxed for lobby view/fireworks view and that is just what I got rm 6087. At first I was a little disappointed as a stairway kind of blocked our view right outside our door. Then I realized we had the end room and there was nothing beyond our room, the aisle ended. Nice and quiet!!! Our view out the balcony showed us a lovely view of the Grand Floridian, and a partial view of Contemporary and Poly. No castle though. Unfortunately when you looked down you could see a service area quite clearly with uncompanying backup beeps at times. I just chose not to look down. And guess what? Fireworks at night clearly seen.
THANKS ROOM CONTROLLERS. We loved coming out and seeing the lobby vs just a hallway.

Our CM that cleaned our room was great. We had a dog, swan, turtle, little duck and bride towels. A bow on our tub everyday and fans in the sink area. We saw her (I think her name was Jan, can't believe I forgot already) and thanked her.

Transportation was not a problem, but this was an anniversary trip and we were in no big hurry anyway. Our boat to MK only went to FW X 1, the rest of the time it was straight to MK. The only bus that was a problem was mornings to AK/BB but they seemed to have fixed it by the end of the week. We also found entertainment in finding how many different ways to get from one place to another. We didn't have a car.

Food: Only ate at Roaring Forks, hamburger, philly, pizza. It was ok, not great, but not that bad.

Pool: Crowded and kind of warm to be refreshing

Laundry: Crowded and inadequate, not convient to pool like moderates.

It is a beautiful resort but most of the time the windows were fogged up so you couldn't see out in the public areas. I guess it was from all the rain.

All in all while we loved the resort, I would rather, for the price, go back to the moderates where we usually stay. I can't believe I am saying this but I like going right to my room outside, like its my own private villa or something, especially when it is on the ground floor surrounded by flowers. We spend alot of time in northern MI so maybe it was all just too familiar. DH disagrees with me.

Automatic check out was great, cast members were wonderful and helpful.

Any questions please ask

...there IS hope, after all!! I just can't believe how different the opinions are, regarding the transportation issue! What seems like minor inconveniences to some seem like major hurdles to others! I look at the transportation system like this: you are on vacation ~~ NOT trying to get to an important business meeting or to an important timed event like a wedding ceremony(THINK: you'll get there when you get there....:D !!)

Has there been any let-up on the rain, 999ghsts? Hopefully, when we arrive, there will be just the usual cloudburst from, say, 3:00-3:30 and then the sun comes out again and dries everything up.....

Countdown to WDW:
20 days - 44 minutes - Woohoo!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I agree with 999ghts. We stayed in room 5020 and 5022 and had a great view. Room 5020 had a bunk bed and connected to 5022 which did not. It was perfect for us.

The otters were fun to watch, it was really peaceful in the morning. I would run down to Roaring Forks for coffee for everyone and we would sit and watch the birds and otters until we were all ready to get going.

We could see the fireworks everynight, too. It was a great place to stay! Enjoy.

Pluto14 - can't wait for your trip report.

Kimmar067 - can we go back with you? You must be busting at the seams!!! I know I was 20 days out! And thanks for your post. You are right and it needs repeating ... you'll get there when you get there!

Will you be back by the time I leave? I'm leaving on the night of Aug 10. I hope I get to hear about your take on the transportation issues.

Everyone thinks the car is better. Well, if you are traveling with my DH maybe not. It is a hike from the TTC parking lot to the monorail or boat. My DH always thinks we can walk faster than we can wait on a tram in the parking lot:rolleyes: . He is a dedicated biker and fitness addict. He can walk long distances with our 48 pound kid on his shoulders (which I am glad about). However, I am more of the "Gee I don't really like exercise, I'd rather read my Disney books" type. I'm usually huffing and puffing before I even get to MK.
I am looking forward to the boat. Even if it takes 20 or 30 min. I think it will be more relaxing to me than that darn TTC parking lot!:)

I also think that getting on an airconditioned bus should be better than a burning hot car at the end of the day. We've only been in the winter months. This should be an interesting trip.;)

We were at WL from June 21 thru june 28th. The bus transportation was pretty good, we thought. We did wait as long as 15 min. a few times but most of the time it was about 5 - 10 min. We took the boat to the contemporary then walked to MK. We could have taken the monorail but we decided to walk. The walk took about 15 min. maybe but wasn't bad at all. We also took the boat to Fort Wilderness for the HDDR. One evening we walked to Fort Wilderness and that is quite a trek, not bad but in the evening when it is starting to get dark it is kind of spooky. We had driven down so we had our car but the only time we used it was when we went to Sea World and the day we left we drove to AK and Epcot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter