• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Website

TinkerbellRules

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! I've been working on a website of my own that contains photos of our recent trip in Oct 2000. I would appreciate you checking it out and for feedback.

If you can, answer the following:

What speed did you view it in?
Was the download speed okay (ie, too long)?
Do you like the content?
Did you find it easy to navigate?

I'd appreciate your comments. I posted on here since there aren't as many people as the other boards. I'm afraid something will go wrong and I know you guys won't yell at me ;) I think I have all the bugs out.

Pluto: You'll need to reload because I've corrected the problem on the MK page. Dumb counter problem. Thanks!

http://www.geocities.com/tinkerbellwdw2000/WaltDisneyWorld.html

Been there, done that, going back!
Off-site 87, 88
All Star Music 97
All Star Music 98
All Star Movies 99
Ft Wilderness Oct 00
BWV/WLV Oct 01

flyTINKERBELL.gif

Just checked out your new website and love your pictures.

You did a great job. I will be checking it out from time to time and see what has been added.

Shirley

"The Twins"
dalmsbar.gif

What wonderful pictures! I don't remember The Living Seas looking like that when I saw it in person!

WOW.....they were great! I didn't have time to look at all the pictures (I'm on my lunch break now). But I will later.
I thought it was great. I'm on at a 56K, and I found that it took a bit to download all the pictures. But other than that....WOW!! Great Job!

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 1/2 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 1/2 & Kayla-8.90
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

Thanks for the comments everyone! I don't know how to speed up the website without disorting the photos. I'll work on it.

Shirley:

I tried to email you, but the address didn't work.

Thanks for the compliments! I was worried about the download time, but it is Disney photos so I think most people won't mind ;)

I use an 3 yr old Epson digital camera. My wish list is a newer one with more options. This one is just a basic camera (back then). They offer more now. I loved being able to just take photos of whatever I wanted without worrying about "wasting" the money. I think people are usually in such a hurry that we forget to look up and all around. It's hard to remember all the things you've seen.

I also put all my photos (only about 300-400!) in a slide show and put it on a CD for my family. That's pretty nice.

Off-site 87, 88
All Star Music 97
All Star Music 98
All Star Movies 99
Ft Wilderness Oct 00
BWV/WLV Oct 01

flyTINKERBELL.gif

Well, again...I have to say, you did a fantastic job. I love reading/looking at anything Disney...and this went straight into my favorites! :) Thanks again for doing this site and keep up the excellent work! :)

º0º
Sharon in Florida
My Trips to DW:
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

Sorry about putting the email address in wrong. Always seem to be doing that. Thanks for your information. I think I might want to invest in a digital camera, specially with the twins doing so much now.

Shirley

"The Twins"
dalmsbar.gif

Great pictures, download was quick, less than 30 seconds but im on an isdn line.

Thanks again for all the comments and email. I've also taken care of an error on the MK site. I had Splash Mtn listed as Big Thunder. You'll have to reload to get the correct photos. Yahoo screwed up the Dumbo one. I'm going to try and scan some to add from previous years.

Thanks Lisa for the correction!

Manatee: Wish I had a ISDN line! Wow! We just joined the Save the Manatee club. My daughter adopted "Ariel"!

Off-site 87, 88
All Star Music 97
All Star Music 98
All Star Movies 99
Ft Wilderness Oct 00
BWV/WLV Oct 01

flyTINKERBELL.gif

I just checked out the site again and it went much faster this time. (I must of had a bad connection the first time).
I've already emailed this site to some of my friends to check out! :)

º0º
Sharon in Florida
My Trips to DW:
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

Great site - awesome photos!!!
Pictures downloaded pretty quickly for me and I connected at less than 50K!

Annie
FW 4/99, 4/97, 2/92
Next trip FW 4/01

It will d/l quicker once you've been there. From time to time, you should hit the reload button to see if anything new has been added. Did you find linking to the parks and resorts and back to the main page okay (and everyone else)? I have a friend who designs websites as his profession and he thought it d/l a little too long for him. He's likes 15 sec! I said I didn't think that graphics like mine could do that though. I also told him I didn't think my Disney viewers would mind a little extra time ;) Gee, we only spend how much time on here ;)

Thanks again for the compliments.

Off-site 87, 88
All Star Music 97
All Star Music 98
All Star Movies 99
Ft Wilderness Oct 00
BWV/WLV Oct 01

flyTINKERBELL.gif

Don't forget there are TWO pages to Epcot. Go to the bottom of the page and look for the link to page two. I can see on the stats that page hasn't been viewed as much. You're missing ToN and World Showcase (some of my favs)! I had to make two pages due to the time of d/l.

WOW 333 views!

Off-site 87, 88
All Star Music 97
All Star Music 98
All Star Movies 99
Ft Wilderness Oct 00
BWV/WLV Oct 01

flyTINKERBELL.gif

I didn't have any problem going from page to page. I did have a bit of a wait on the Epcot one though. It took a good 15-20 seconds. (but I didn't mind waiting at all :) )
I loved the Fort Wilderness page. And I have to say of all the years that I have been going there, I have NEVER seen a ice cream man come through (you showed a picture of a horse drawn cart for the ice cream). Is that new, or something I'm missing because I might be at the parks? lol!

º0º
Sharon in Florida
My Trips to DW:
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

Sharon: I can't remember what time he came through. Must have been in the afternoon because we had to go back around 1 or 2pm to let Annie out. I just happened to look up and he was there. I actually think my DH took the photo. We didn't buy anything though. I'll have to ask my DD, but I think he let her pet the horse. I must have been doing something else like getting lunch ready.

Did you see page two of Epcot as well?

Check my site: http://www.geocities.com/tinkerbellwdw2000/

Off-site 87, 88
All Star Music 97
All Star Music 98
All Star Movies 99
Ft Wilderness Oct 00
BWV/WLV Oct 01

flyTINKERBELL.gif

What a great web site! I was on at 56 K AOL, and it didnt take long for the pics to load and what a great site. Keep up the good work!

[]

Tammy

I have never seen the "ice cream" horse (for lack of a better word for it..lol) come through. When was your last trip there?
We usually stay for 10 days and stay hanging around the campground for 1/2 of that.
I hope they come through again. There has been alot of times I wished I had some ice cream and just didn't feel like going up to the Meadows Trading post...know what I mean? lol :)

º0º
Sharon in Florida
My Trips to DW:
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

Tinkerbell, I just checked your site out, and loved it. I am using cable and the site loaded real well. In comparing it to my site:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/9601/mgm.html
I thought yours was definitely the faster loading. Your pictures are a good size for the pages, and seemed to load a lot quicker than mine did.
BTW, what kind of camera did you use? Loved the quality of the pictures.:-)
P.S. ( I checked my modem speed the other day, and mine is loading at about 972kbs a second. Definitely LOVE the cable!:-) ) Kim.

LuvN: I used a 3 yr old digital camera. I want to get a new one with a zoom. I love the digitals! I have an SLR 35MM as well as a "regular" 35mm.

Thanks for the compliments as well. I'll check out your site. Wish I had a cable modem, but it's just too $$ around here (especially since I have a free acct ;)

Check my site: http://www.geocities.com/tinkerbellwdw2000/

Off-site 87, 88
All Star Music 97
All Star Music 98
All Star Movies 99
Ft Wilderness Oct 00
BWV/WLV Oct 01

flyTINKERBELL.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter