New Website sucks....

steves100

DIS Veteran
So.....

The new website has 0 of my 10 cruises on it and wants me to put my reservation # and date of birth to retrieve my upcoming.

The reason I clicked on it was I dont know my reservation # off the top of my head!!!!!

So.....

The new website has 0 of my 10 cruises on it and wants me to put my reservation # and date of birth to retrieve my upcoming.

The reason I clicked on it was I dont know my reservation # off the top of my head!!!!!
If you log into the Castaway Club first, you won't need to input your reservation number.

When I log into castaway Club it lists my previous cruises but not my two upcoming cruises.

Until today when I used the new website in Firefox I ended up in an endless loop trying to access my reservations entering my (correct, I cut and pasted the numbers) reservations. Firefox started behaving today.

Chrome did work, fortunately, and still works.

I am guessing they are having some technical glitches on Disney's end with the rollout of the new site, particularly in certain browsers.

SW

When I log into castaway Club it lists my previous cruises but not my two upcoming cruises.

Until today when I used the new website in Firefox I ended up in an endless loop trying to access my reservations entering my (correct, I cut and pasted the numbers) reservations. Firefox started behaving today.

Chrome did work, fortunately, and still works.

I am guessing they are having some technical glitches on Disney's end with the rollout of the new site, particularly in certain browsers.

SW
I've found that when going to the page displaying previous cruises, the section for "upcoming cruises" still has a "please wait" prompt on it. It takes up to 30 seconds for that to come up for me.

So.....

Just checked it (I use safari, if that matters at all) and logged onto Castaway Club from disneycruise.disney.go.com promptly, it has my past and future cruises with reservations right there, and came up quickly. Sorry if you're having problems!

Speculation (maintenance, browser, updating, beta, clearing cache, etc) doesn't do much good, though. Hope the website gods smile on you next time.

I've found that when going to the page displaying previous cruises, the section for "upcoming cruises" still has a "please wait" prompt on it. It takes up to 30 seconds for that to come up for me.

I agree. This has happened to me a bunch on the new website.

I have an iMac and over the last several days I could only access part of the new website on Safari. It would let me get a quote on a cruise I was considering but would not allow me to book it and I could NOT access my CC account at all. It just kept going in circles. I finally had to just call DCL. They said at that time (about 4 days ago) that Safari was not yet working well, so Over50visits, I will have to check on Safari again today to see! :)

I've been trying to make a payment for 2 weeks. When I log in, I get 400 error. Cruise isn't until April, but I'd like to get this $300 out of the way.

On the new website, I cannot figure out how to actually book a cruise. When I check pricing there is no button to click on to go forward with it. I also cannot figure out how to see is a specific cabin is available.

ETA....I figured it out....

Last edited:
On the new website, I cannot figure out how to actually book a cruise. When I check pricing there is no button to click on to go forward with it. I also cannot figure out how to see is a specific cabin is available.
:sad2:
After you put in the parameters of the cruise you want on the top of the main page and click "Check prices", you'll get a page with several types of cruises. There you select the type of cruise you want, and a pull down opens showing you the various dates that particular cruise is available. Click on the date you want.

Next page select type of room you are looking for (Interior/Oceanview/Verandah/Concierge). Then select specific category (if you select "Oceanview" on the first page, then you can choose between a Guaranteed room and a certain price or a regular option at at different price). Then you select the area of the ship you want the room (forward/midship/aft) On the left side, if that type room is available on different decks, you can select a deck you want. Then you pick from the available rooms showing. There's no place to ask if a certain room is available on the new site.

Then you click on "Add to cart" to continue. On the next page, confirm what you're booking and click "Check out"

At that point, if you haven't done it already, you must log into/register on the DCL site. There you fill out the Guest Information and complete the booking.

I cannot get the site to work at all this morning. No matter what, it just loads a plain white or blue page.

I was having major issues too with the site. I signed in and clicked on my reservations and got a 400 bad request error. Switched to Chrome and was finally able to get on. Really poor QA on Disney's side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter