New WDW Dining Reservations Policy

Yes, but 48 hours???? You don't think that is a little extreme???

P.S. The empty tables could also mean they didn't have a full staff of servers. Many times when I eat out at home, I have to wait even though there are empty tables at places that don't take reservations.

I do agree that 48 hours could be a little extreme, but I definitely wouldn't mind a 24 hours notice. I think if there wasn't a problem of too many people making reservations they don't show up for and don't cancel, then Disney wouldn't be making this new policy.

If I click on the link on each of my current ADRs guaranteed by CC on My Disney Experience, I get the following message:

"For dining reservations guaranteed by a credit card, Guests who cancel within 48 hours of their reservation time or fail to show will be charged a $10 per person fee for each Guest on the reservation."

So, which is the official policy? I think it more likely that they have not updated the FAQ. IMHO, if 48 hours is the new policy, it is excessive in with instant database updating available to Disney. They could fill cancelled ADRs with "walk-ups" in most cases, but often don't appear to do so.

I sent an email to Disney yesterday asking for a clarification of the policy on ADR cancellation. I have not yet received a reply other than they received my email. I will post it if I do.

I just made 3 reservations and they were all had a one day cancelation policy. I think special events like the Fantasmic package has 2 day.

I sent an email to Disney yesterday asking for a clarification of the policy on ADR cancellation. I have not yet received a reply other than they received my email. I will post it if I do.

Let us know what you hear.

I like the idea of a cancellation policy, but not one that's 48 hours out. This is the first I've heard that. It's a bit too early, if you ask me. One day in advance is more appropriate.

We have 13 in our party with ADR's. Has anyone had a problem with getting charged if, say, the teenagers forget to show up for dinner and you only have 9 people? In other words, has Disney dinged you the $10 bucks a no-show head even if everyone else was there?

Has anyone shown up with less people than they reserved? I know it depends on the restaurant but I wanted to see if charges for no-shows have happened.

Let us know what you hear.

I like the idea of a cancellation policy, but not one that's 48 hours out. This is the first I've heard that. It's a bit too early, if you ask me. One day in advance is more appropriate.

NikkiBell,

I have not received a response from Disney. On My Disney Experience now, my reservations detail shows, "To keep from being charged, please cancel your reservation within the allotted cancellation period.", but it no longer shows what the alloted time period is.

Update: I stand corrected, there is an exclamation point next each of my reservations that says, "For dining reservations guaranteed by a credit card, Guests who cancel within 48 hours of their reservation time or fail to show will be charged a $10 per person fee for each Guest on the reservation." when I move my mouse over it.

Second Update:
I DID receive a response from Disney, but missed it. :( This is what they sent me:

"Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

You would refer to the policy on your dining reservation. Without
knowing the specific restaurant you are booked with, I cannot provide
more details. I do apologize.

When booking a reservation at the following restaurants, you will be
required to provide a credit card to hold the reservation and will be
charged $10 per person if you need to cancel and do not cancel at least
one day in advance.

Guests may make and cancel reservations by visiting
www.DisneyWorld.com/Dining. Guests may also cancel by calling
407-WDW-CNCL (407-939-2627).

Dining locations participating in the credit card guarantee policy
include:

• 1900 Park Fare
• Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
• Artist Point
• California Grill
• Cape May Café
• Chef Mickey's
• Cítricos
• The Crystal Palace
• Flying Fish Café
• The Garden Grill
• Hollywood & Vine
• Jiko – The Cooking Place
• Le Cellier Steakhouse
• Narcoossee's
• 'Ohana
• Tusker House Restaurant
• The Hollywood Brown Derby
• Victoria & Albert's (cancellation policy is $25/per person)
• Yachtsman Steakhouse

Subject to change without notice.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter