New water attraction epcot

Saltywhsc

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the new water attraction at Epcot and thoughts on it

We have been multiple times and enjoy it every time. There is never a wait and because it is self paced, you can choose to stop and enjoy it and take your time or zip through it.

It’s very nice, and we enjoyed experiencing it, but unless I go back with younger children, I doubt I’d walk through again. The younger kids were having a great time, and that made it a more enjoyable walkthrough for us. I’d actually love to do it with my nephews’ children. The park was pretty crowded, and we walked right in, but the paths were pretty packed and we had to wait at several spots for teens taking selfies.

We went and it was cute, but sadly, I had to use a mobility device this visit.

For me, the Moana attraction was a bit frustrating. Only my family was willing to make room for me so I could see the features up close. Otherwise, it was impossible for me to get close to any of the features. Just everyone else kept cutting in front of me, like they didn't see me, even though I waiting patiently for my turn. Mind, I understand small children, but not one adult made any effort to make eye contact with me or ask if I wanted a turn. I really didn't want to plow into anyone. There aren't enough CM's in the middle of the attraction, imo, it is somewhat of a free-for-all. I hate to say it, but a few CM's and interior queues would have helped people to see I was in the queue.

(I had the same problem at the AK animal attraction. I had no hope of seeing the gorillas, for example.)

We did it several times last fall and loved it. Thought it was very well done and a fun walk through attraction. If the line is very long, I wouldn't wait a long time for it.

It is a beautiful area with potential to be peaceful but we found it to be very crowded. Never did we see a line to get in and we walked right in. It's a nice addition especially for folks who don't do rides and like interactive stuff. Great spot for young kids. It's more garden than attraction, more landscape than Moana. At first I thought it was dumb to put in EPCOT but it works.

We were in Epcot on a VERY busy day (Jan. 1), and we had no problems getting in. During the afternoon, it was definitely crowded, but there is so much to do and see between all the water features and searching for the little Moana character carvings throughout. In the evening, we had it almost to ourselves. It's absolutely beautiful all day, but it's extra magical when it's dark. We loved it!

For me, the Moana attraction was a bit frustrating. Only my family was willing to make room for me so I could see the features up close. Otherwise, it was impossible for me to get close to any of the features. Just everyone else kept cutting in front of me, like they didn't see me, even though I waiting patiently for my turn. Mind, I understand small children, but not one adult made any effort to make eye contact with me or ask if I wanted a turn. I really didn't want to plow into anyone. There aren't enough CM's in the middle of the attraction, imo, it is somewhat of a free-for-all. I hate to say it, but a few CM's and interior queues would have helped people to see I was in the queue.

(I had the same problem at the AK animal attraction. I had no hope of seeing the gorillas, for example.)
Are there things to do? I thought it was just a walk through with things to look at. Are there hands on stuff like the winnie the pooh or haunted?

Thank you for posting this - it will help make me more aware when I am in these type of attractions. ❤️

Been through it a few times. Once for passholder preview and twice otherwise. I think we were lucky. No wait, any of the times we went. One of our three times was in the rain, that was the least crowded. Nighttime is my favorite time. The lights are so pretty. And add to the ambiance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter