New VIP Tours

BuffaloJim

Mouseketeer
For how the other half lives...

The Ultimate Day of Thrills - A VIP Tour Experience: This VIP tour will last for 6-7 hours and give you access to thrill rides at Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. The tour starts out in the Magic Kingdom, where guests will ride Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Next up is a table service lunch at one of the Disney resorts. After lunch, head over to Hollywood Studios for Toy Story Mania!, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Star Tours. Animal Kingdom will be the last stop on the tour for Expedition Everest and Dinosaur!

I copied this info from here

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm#thrills

At $299 per person, I don't think we'll be taking it anytime soon. There's also one for young families, same price, different rides...

The Ultimate Day for Young Families - A VIP Tour Experience: This tour is designed for families with children under age 10. Start out in the Magic Kingdom for Magic Carpets of Aladdin, it's a small world, Peter Pan's Flight, Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Barnstormer, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Next up is a table service lunch at one of the Disney resorts. After lunch, head to Hollywood Studios for a showing of Disney Junior Live on Stage! and a ride on Toy Story Mania! Animal Kingdom will be the last stop on the tour with a performance of Festival of the Lion King and a ride on the Kilimanjaro Safaris.

when does this start? Is it offered immediately? (starting this week?)

We're heading there on Sunday and would love to do this! :cheer2:

I don't like it. Probably because I could never afford it. I think it is putting the average family on the bottom of their list. It is just another thing they are asking you to pay extra for. It also means that these people are going to cut to the front of the line. Disney is very expensive, and that would be 1200 more dollars for a family of 4. That's a lot of money to pay for a glorified fastpass. I guess if money is not a problem, and you were short on time, it could be worth it. I just think you are wasting a lot of time and money to ride 10 rides and have lunch.

I think for those families who will only spend 1-2 days in disney, this is probably ideal. You either pay for disney in time, or money. I don't begrudge people who chose the latter rather than the former.

Is this in addition to your park ticket cost? We are bringing down seven in December and will be getting MVMCP tickets...our park tickets plus the party....UGH! I can't imagine even trying one of these!

We would prefer the tour designed for families but we are adults. I don't know why they end at AK, it would make more sense to end at MK or HS so you could just stay at the park for night entertainment

We would prefer the tour designed for families but we are adults. I don't know why they end at AK, it would make more sense to end at MK or HS so you could just stay at the park for night entertainment

I believe you have to have a park hopper, so you could just hop to one of those parks after the tour concludes. If it starts at 8:15 and runs 6-7 hours, you'll be done by 2-3.

We had a CM friend that just told us about this last week... She was able to test them out. She said it was a very fun tour and you do get a FP for all those rides plus info about them. I actually think compared to the other VIP tour Disney offers that this is a decent price but yes it's expensive. I think though for the right people this makes sense... If you were only gonna be at Disney a day and wanted to make sure that you could do all this attractions or if you went during a busy time of year. We would consider doing the thrill one even though we are AP and have been on everything multiple times to learn about those rides... But I wish they took you to all 4 parks with the addition of TT and Soarin, and then ended you in a park in time for Wishes, Illuminations, or Fantasmic.

If I was doing the one-day before or after a cruise ... this would be an attractive way to see the best rides.

I believe you have to have a park hopper, so you could just hop to one of those parks after the tour concludes. If it starts at 8:15 and runs 6-7 hours, you'll be done by 2-3.

We have AP's so it's not a big issue for us. It's just wasting the time to back track to another park. If we were at MK or HS, we would just stay. Using WDW transport, we could lose 60 minutes + trying to hop back to a park we had been at earlier.

I don't like it. Probably because I could never afford it. I think it is putting the average family on the bottom of their list. It is just another thing they are asking you to pay extra for. It also means that these people are going to cut to the front of the line. Disney is very expensive, and that would be 1200 more dollars for a family of 4. That's a lot of money to pay for a glorified fastpass. I guess if money is not a problem, and you were short on time, it could be worth it. I just think you are wasting a lot of time and money to ride 10 rides and have lunch.

I see your point but do you realize how many things at WDW are exactly like this? Perks cost money, and it's up to the person paying it to decide the value of the perk to them.

• there are resort rooms/suites that cost a night what most if my vacation would cost.
• there are private dining areas for a premium fee
• there are already private VIP tours that allow people to be get in front if you in line
• heck even events like wishes party and cruises could be considered out of reach for some people.

But it does not make them bad??

As for the "people getting to cut" you in line? I would bet that --assuming you would never even know who they were (its not like they have a huge sign saying "hey we are better then you") --that you would never cross paths with them. Figure out of an entire theme park there maybe 2-4 family's using this service at any given day?

There is still plenty to do for the "average family" to do at Disney. Even with recent ticket increases, mathematically it is still one of the best entertainment/day values out there.

Enjoy your vacation and don't worry about what others are doing.

$300 pp for 11 rides (and lunch) wow

I guess its cheaper than the original VIP tour which would be $450 pp assuming a family of four.

I think it would be good if you only had one day..value is in the eye of the beholder ;)

I called & spoke to a CM. This seems good on crowded park days. CM stated lunch was @ WCC @ WL. Also, no crossover of rides. I specifically asked for all rides, since CM stated exact info like website. Me: are we able to do EE on the Family Tour? CM: No, but we are possibly looking at changes based on interest that may include change in lunch location, more days per week. Remember you may book through December at present & must pay in advance.

ArwenMarie said:
$300 pp for 11 rides (and lunch) wow

I guess its cheaper than the original VIP tour which would be $450 pp assuming a family of four.

I think it would be good if you only had one day..value is in the eye of the beholder ;)

I assume that 300 is on top of the park admission?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter