NEW VGF Building

We are buying direct regardless because I love RIV and having restricted points simply does not work for us. Good news is that I can sell what I bought last year and break even which allows me to replace vs simply adding..which may happen too!

We also love Split stays and VGF and RIV will happen as often as I can get it to happen!

I am contemplating this. I am selling my PVB contract to pay for most of my Riviera contract. As you said, prices went up, so I’m getting my money back and maybe a little more.

The SSR one is tougher for me. We have a lot of points there and purchased them cheap. Again, we could sell at a profit, but that means buying less points elsewhere because they will be more expensive.

I wish I had more time under my belt in DVC. We’ve already spent a lot out of pocket on contracts this year. It’s hard to keep coming up with capital, even if you feel like there are things you are going to wish you would have bought now for down the road.

So here's a question, assuming these are unrestricted points with the same terms as the original VGF points, when they are sold resale, will those resale points be able to book at Riviera? Given that Rivera is a resort that exists at the time this new VGF addition is built?

So here's a question, assuming these are unrestricted points with the same terms as the original VGF points, when they are sold resale, will those resale points be able to book at Riviera? Given that Rivera is a resort that exists at the time this new VGF addition is built?
Nevermind misread

I’m pretty sure the answer is no. Only DVC direct and Riviera resale can be used at Riviera.

But you are pointing out a reason why this is getting ridiculous.

I think that group is long gone if you know what I mean. And FL isn't the same anymore either.
Fair on both counts. I would have pointed to the creation of DVC2, but even that was done by someone else first: a combination of Wyndham's Presidential Reserve (two distinct timeshare systems with a transparent exchange between them) and Diamond/Marriott (both of which withdraw from the "club" on resale).

I’m pretty sure the answer is no. Only DVC direct and Riviera resale can be used at Riviera.

But that's not technically accurate either, I don't think. Only DVC direct, Rivera resale, and all other resale sold prior to 2018 can be used at Riviera, right? Or do I have that wrong? Assuming I have that right, I thought the reason for that was that the DVC contract provided that resale points could be used for all resorts that existed at the time the current resort was built and future resorts. That changed with Riviera's contract, but assuming that VGF uses the same contract as the original points and not the Riviera restrictions...

But that's not technically accurate either, I don't think. Only DVC direct, Rivera resale, and all other resale sold prior to 2018 can be used at Riviera, right? Or do I have that wrong? Assuming I have that right, I thought the reason for that was that the DVC contract provided that resale points could be used for all resorts that existed at the time the current resort was built. That changed with Riviera's contract, but assuming that VGF uses the same contract as the original points and not the Riviera restrictions...

That’s true. I just consider those as grandfathered in as direct. But technically you make a good point, and I wouldn’t want to confuse anyone.

I thought it was before 2018, though.

So, weirdly, by the same token, why should the original 14 resale, other than VGF resale, be able to book at this new development? (and yes, they can call it an addition, but they're selling it as new)

The way the restrictions for Riviera are worded, they should still apply. It's not a question of when the resort is built, but when the contract is sold. Resale contracts purchased in 2019 or later are subject to the Riviera restrictions.

But those VGF expansion points should still be usable at O14 when resold because the expansion is supposed to be part of the same association as the existing VGF, which means it should have the same POS/rules.

I don't think they can legally create different rules/VGF2 restrictions (e.g., resale points can only be used for those specific studios at VGF?) for the expansion than the rest of VGF unless they somehow declare those new rooms as a different association than the existing VGF (i.e., a new resort vs. an expansion).

Last edited:
Do you think there is room at some of the existing DVC resorts to build more villas? If so, where? Who needs parking lots…lol.

Yacht Club is a modest sized resort (630 rooms) with convention centers within walking distance.

Even with 200 rooms less, the Grand Floridian is still bigger than the Yacht Club.

IMO, Yacht Club will never go DVC.

Agree unless the convention business just craters

Do you think there is room at some of the existing DVC resorts to build more villas? If so, where? Who needs parking lots…lol.
Sure! GF, WL, Poly, CR, BC all could easily convert some parking lot to parking ramp and build on more rooms. Those brilliant parking ramps at Disney Springs are likely a proof of concept and I would be shocked if we don’t see them rolled out at other spots on WDW property eventually.

Sure! GF, WL, Poly, CR, BC all could easily convert some parking lot to parking ramp and build on more rooms. Those brilliant parking ramps at Disney Springs are likely a proof of concept and I would be shocked if we don’t see them rolled out at other spots on WDW property eventually.
Upping demand for rooms that are not "standard view." 😉

I don't think they can legally create different rules/VGF2 restrictions (e.g., resale points can only be used for those specific studios at VGF?) for the expansion than the rest of VGF unless they somehow declare those new rooms as a different association than the existing VGF (i.e., a new resort vs. an expansion).
Correct. But that doesn't seem to stop people from speculating here there there will be restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter