New Value Resort : Disney Animation Inn & Suites - Coming 2012

And what about the Generation Gap bridge? I think they should re-name it when the new resort is finished. It would make more of a continuity in theme ,and tie the two resorts together somewhat.
Maybe they could leave the decade numbers on there, and put some art for the animated movies that came out in that decade? They could call it the "Animation Over the years" bridge!

I would love to see those original pics of what it would have looked like. :goodvibes

In some ways I always wondered why anyone would want to stay in a hotel about the depression era at Disney but then again Disney could find the good in any time period. Doesn't matter now anyway I guess.

I'm not too thrilled about Cars but the rest of it sounds great.

I am going to do a Search and see if I can come up with a Link!;) Stay tuned...

my whole family is on :cloud9: we are huge cars fan's and can't wait to check this resort out. wish i could have been done for our trip next spring but now i will have yet another reason to head back in 2013 :goodvibes

IMHO they should of gone with a Monsters Inc. section instead of Cars. I think the theming would of been so much more fun and interesting. You can only do so much with Cars.

Jay

So glad to hear that they're finally doing something with the other side of Pop! More family suites work out great for us as a family of 5. Now all we need are more rooms in the moderate resort category for families of 5 or more....

I'm kind of sad that it won't be the POP Century early years as originally planned :( Kind of like another All Stars Movies....and the movies that they are planning to theme the buildings after are not even favs of ours...or the most popular in my eyes. I think a Toy Story theme and some of the more classic movies would have been better...but oh well, what do I know LOL

The only bright side I see to this is more people will want to try that resort so the POP won't be as crowded for us after 2012 LOL We're a family of 7 so the family suites really don't matter much to us....a pet friendly resort would have been nice though LOL

IMHO they should of gone with a Monsters Inc. section instead of Cars. I think the theming would of been so much more fun and interesting. You can only do so much with Cars.

Jay

I could say that about Nemo, and there are already some Nemo accented rooms at CBR, so why do they need more. My DH loves Cars, and I love Lion King and Little Mermaid (Although, I prefer Beauty and the Beast).

DH and I are really excited and will be ready to stay there in 2012.

Suzanne

I'm kind of sad that it won't be the POP Century early years as originally planned :( Kind of like another All Stars Movies....and the movies that they are planning to theme the buildings after are not even favs of ours...or the most popular in my eyes. I think a Toy Story theme and some of the more classic movies would have been better...but oh well, what do I know LOL

The only bright side I see to this is more people will want to try that resort so the POP won't be as crowded for us after 2012 LOL We're a family of 7 so the family suites really don't matter much to us....a pet friendly resort would have been nice though LOL

You may already know tis, but there is a Toy STory themed section in AS Movies, i don't care for it much though...

Sounds interesting, and I like the idea of more suites. Would have liked to see Beauty and the Beast or even Mulan as opposed to Little Mermaid, but the Cars and Lion King sections sound cool!!

I wold assume that a resort that size would have its own bus stops and buses. With Pop right next door I would hope that they don't share buses because the buses are already very, very crowded in the mornings!:surfweb:

You may already know tis, but there is a Toy STory themed section in AS Movies, i don't care for it much though...

Yea, we've stayed at a couple of the All Stars but didn't really care too much for them. There is already a Nemo room at one of the Mods or Deluxes too...right? I don't know, I just think it kind of repeats a lot of the same themes we've already seen, not really anything too inviting about that for our family. We have to get 2 rooms too...so the suites don't do a whole lot for us either. Oh well....it's 2 years away, maybe they'll change the theming a bit before it's all finalized.

I'm just glad there will be options besides All Stars when Pop is full. We are staying at ASSports in 2 weeks and I am not looking forward to it at all, but I couldn't get Pop. We have stayed at ASMovies before and it was bad.

Suzanne

Wow 2012 is getting to be a very busy with new stuff coming out. Nice that we have planned our big group return trip for Dec that year. We were talking about doing the ASMu suits this time as we have lots of teen boys and wanted more individual sleeping available for them. Going to have to put my name on the ever growing list for the new suits :) :thumbsup2:

Themes don't bother me at all. What concerns me is the BEDS and layout.

We go with our DD, DSIL, and DGD4. When we were there in December 09, we were able to get two connecting rooms at POP. That worked out fine, but we would have preferred some type of suite. However, the layout at ASM for the suites didn't work at all for us - we would need Queen Beds for sure for the grown ups. Pull outs aren't great but would work as long as they were queens. And for us the children's beds need to be in the bedroom area so us "old people" could stay in the other area. It would be helpful to be able to put the kid(s) to bed but the grownups could stay up.

We stayed in the FW cabins when DGD was 3 - it worked out OK but not great just because of the bed size problems. DH and I were squeezed into the full size murphy bed and DD and DSIL had the full size in the bedroom. I think DSIL decided to sleep in the top bunk after the first night.

I think that couples now mostly have either a queen or king size bed at home and don't wish to be squeezed into a full size bed.

Themes don't bother me at all. What concerns me is the BEDS and layout.

We go with our DD, DSIL, and DGD4. When we were there in December 09, we were able to get two connecting rooms at POP. That worked out fine, but we would have preferred some type of suite. However, the layout at ASM for the suites didn't work at all for us - we would need Queen Beds for sure for the grown ups. Pull outs aren't great but would work as long as they were queens. And for us the children's beds need to be in the bedroom area so us "old people" could stay in the other area. It would be helpful to be able to put the kid(s) to bed but the grownups could stay up.

We stayed in the FW cabins when DGD was 3 - it worked out OK but not great just because of the bed size problems. DH and I were squeezed into the full size murphy bed and DD and DSIL had the full size in the bedroom. I think DSIL decided to sleep in the top bunk after the first night.

I think that couples now mostly have either a queen or king size bed at home and don't wish to be squeezed into a full size bed.

It will be interesting to see how these are arranged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter