• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW! Universal Dining Plan Starting July 1!

That's why I'd like to hear from someone that has used it. I've had 2 CSR's tell me they can't yet read that others have talked to one that said yes. We are going to do the FD offer anyway, but I'd like to be able to plan.

Hmm, well that is unfortunate that we are getting conflicting info. You are the first person I've heard that was told it couldn't be spread out. I scoured the Internet this morning after reading this and still found no first hand experience with it. My trip is in 26 days. I'll report back then! :thumbsup2

Let's try to keep all the information in one place...to keep confusion down.

I too have been searching without finding much information. Surprising since it's been almost two months.

Anyways, I'll be going next week and got the dining plan free for two days. I'll report back how it goes.

I did get an answer on another site from someone that has used it. He did 8 days at the parks with 3 days of the DP and spread it out over his park days. He is posting a full review today so everyone who is interested be sure to search for it! :)

I did get an answer on another site from someone that has used it. He did 8 days at the parks with 3 days of the DP and spread it out over his park days. He is posting a full review today so everyone who is interested be sure to search for it! :)

Thanks for the info! :goodvibes

Thanks for this info. I read the review and hope that the staff is used to the plan by the time we get there, and that all the problems have been worked through.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear there's real information about the plan. Sad to hear of the experience.

One good thing is that the Three Broomsticks is now on the plan! :)

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear there's real information about the plan. Sad to hear of the experience.

One good thing is that the Three Broomsticks is now on the plan! :)

I haven't read anywhere that 3 Broomsticks is now included!?

Yes, it is! I was on my phone when I replied earlier but hopped onto my laptop as soon as I could to look at the updated PDF on the UO website. I'm THRILLED! With our two days of free dining we were going to have to pay for on meal OOP and that was, of course, going to be 3 Broomsticks. Now, however, we can plan our OOP in the new Springfield area instead of eating somewhere at US that we weren't as excited about just because it was on the DP. :thumbsup2

Once again, the DIS has come through with info I may have otherwise overlooked. :goodvibes

There's more details on their website now:
BTW, does the Butterbeer cart serve regular and frozen or is that inside the store?

Entrée Offerings:
Quick Service Restaurant – all items will be available for redemption Full Service Restaurant – all items available for redemption EXCLUDING Lobster.

Snack Offerings:

Churros
Pretzels
Regular Size Popcorn
Fruit Cup
Whole Fruit

Vegetable Tray
Fruit Bites
Applesauce
Novelty Ice Cream Bar
Soft Serve (regular cup or cone)

Regular Size Cotton Candy
Slice of Cake / Individual Pastries
Cookie

Beverages:

Fountain Soda – Regular size only
vitaminwater
Powerade
Bottled Soda
Coffee

Bottled Water - Nestle, Keeper Springs or Perrier
Milk
Juice
Hot Cocoa

Hot Tea
Starbucks – Coffee (tall)
Starbucks – Tea (tall)
Starbucks – Hot Chocolate (tall)

First day at Universal here and this is what we got:

3 Broomsticks:
Fish & Chips + Pear Cider = 1 quick service meal
Pasties + Pumpkin fizz = 1 quick service meal
Frozen butter beer from the cart = 1 snack
Coke Zero = 1 beverage

Saving the rest for the remaining days!

First day at Universal here and this is what we got:

3 Broomsticks:
Fish & Chips + Pear Cider = 1 quick service meal
Pasties + Pumpkin fizz = 1 quick service meal
Frozen butter beer from the cart = 1 snack
Coke Zero = 1 beverage

Saving the rest for the remaining days!

So the premium drinks can be counted as a dessert? Good to know, thanks! :thumbsup2

Well we spread out our two days dining plan over our four day stay.
There is still some confusion with redeeming, but in the most part it went pretty smoothly.

Make sure you get your drinks included with your meals and check that they deduct the appropriate meal/snack! Print out the PDF and bring it with you to show if there's any problem.

Well we spread out our two days dining plan over our four day stay.

Did you go into the parks 4 days? We are doing this next week and upgraded our tickets to 4 days. We will be going 3 days in a row, going elsewhere for a couple of days, and using the 4th day on our way back through town. Do the credits expire on checkout day or like tickets - 14 days after first use?

BTW, I loved how you posted your first days worth. Could you possibly list the rest out with thoughts on the places you used? Thanks!

We were in the parks four days in a row: two in IOA and then two in US.
Sorry I don't know how long before they expire.

BTW, I loved how you posted your first days worth. Could you possibly list the rest out with thoughts on the places you used? Thanks!

Sorry, didn't have enough time this morning. To follow up on your question:

Mythos:
Asian salmon + pineapple juice + dessert shot = 1 table service meal
Beef medallions + ginger ale + dessert shot = 1 table service meal

Finnegan's:
Beef stew + grapefruit juice + dessert shot = = 1 table service meal
Fish and chips + ice tea + dessert shot = = 1 table service meal

Both table service meals were excellent. The desserts were the exact same at both restaurants.
Wait staff knew exactly what to do when shown the dining plan cards.

Monster Cafe:
Hot dog + drink = 1 quick service meal
Chicken + drink = 1 quick service meal

This was easily the worst meal we had at the parks. Chicken was dry, potatoes tasted like instant, and the staff were untrained on the dining plan. I recommend you save your quick service credits for the Three Broomsticks.

Has anyone used the Meal Deal option? At $29.99 per day according to their website I'm wondering if this might be a great option.

It shows you can eat as much as you want from 11AM - 30 minutes before park closing. Going with my 15 year old son and we all know how much teen boys can eat. Might be just as easy to go this route to allow me to better budget my trip.

Can I purchase this option at the park? Was planning on ordering my tickets from undercover tourist and staying onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter