New TTA Spiel

I havent even heard it and I am sad. I liked the jokes on the old spiel and his voice fit it well. why couldnt they just get that guy to do it again, add the stupid stuff they want, keep the old jokes this way we wouldnt have to be totally annoyed.
I like TTA not just for the ride but for the stupid stuff they say on it

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Say it ain't so!!! :headache:

I am SO upset! I love Mr. Morrow too!

*insert long string of cuss words here*

:sad1::sad2::eek:

Well, that just ruined my day!

The TTA was my favorite attraction, mostly because of the spiel! I knew it by heart and would recite it while riding it. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am in Disney's decision to change this. I just wish they would have left it alone. :sad2:

I'm very sad. I guess Disney will be getting yet another letter from me. (The other one I wrote was about Stitch's Supersonic Celebration)

I really wish Disney would stop messing with things that aren't broken.

OK...just watched the video!

It seems that TTA went from a quiet, relaxing little getaway to "blah blah blah STICH, blah blah SPEEDWAY, blah blah CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS, blah blah BUZZ AND MONSTERS INC.....

Almost like ADVERTISEMENT!!! Like we can't see and hear what is going on in TL on our own..now we have to hear all about it on TTA which used to be my peace and quiet away from the commotion of the parks.

Why oh why do they keep messing with things that were perfect to begin with? I mean, I am all for updating but changing something so "unique" for what???? The ride did not change so why does the narration have to???? :confused3

I understand the need for growth and change, but that really is one ride that didn't need it! It's just not relaxing anymore! Booooo!!!!!

RIP Mr. Morrow... :sad1:

OK...just watched the video!

It seems that TTA went from a quiet, relaxing little getaway to "blah blah blah STICH, blah blah SPEEDWAY, blah blah CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS, blah blah BUZZ AND MONSTERS INC.....

Almost like ADVERTISEMENT!!! Like we can't see and hear what is going on in TL on our own..now we have to hear all about it on TTA which used to be my peace and quiet away from the commotion of the parks.

Why oh why do they keep messing with things that were perfect to begin with? I mean, I am all for updating but changing something so "unique" for what???? The ride did not change so why does the narration have to???? :confused3
Agree completely!!! Nothing changed on the ride, why change the narration??? It now seems like marketing for the other attractions it passes through...so very wrong. I'm hoping and praying that they change it back when SM is finished. Maybe they will see posts like these and return to the glory days of the TTA...it will not be the same without 'paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.' or 'forward facing tentacles....'...Nope, not the same at all. Nothing worse than change just for the sake of change. I understand change when needed or to update old stuff, but this is an abomination!!!

Please tell me this is just temporary until Space Mountain refurb is completed!! Nooooooo. :sad2: DH and I love TTA! We know it by heart and love it! Are they trying to discourage people from riding it?

Really trying to figure out the logic behind this move, powers that be at Disney!

:scared1:

Man this is really a bummer....What more can you say about it?
Sometime change is good, but this is not the case!:mad:

Oh no they didn't!!!! Cutting my hubs out of the ride! :eek:

This makes me so sad. Where is that guest realtions email to send "suggestions" to???

I don't hate it but it has sort of a "generic Disney" feel to it. It sounds like the Disney Channel and the voice is talking down to kids and is exciting for 8-12 year old girls. It changes the theme of Tomorrowland to a degree, which may be what they want what with all the toons taking up residence.
I don't mind them changing things but this is a bit off. I would love to hear the long meetings and discussions about this and talk to the people who green lighted it.

honestly i think i could live with many of the changes....the new voice, the hocking of other attractions... but the most upsetting part has to be the removal of the space/alien jokes. they were fantastic.

the jungle cruise would not be the jungle cruise without the classic jokes that have been there since the attractions inception. on that same note, the peoplemover/TTA is not the peoplemover/TTA without it's jokes. without them i can't see many repeat visitors returning to this attraction. the old version drew my family and many others back with each MK visit to enjoy the ride and hear those jokes....seriously, that is the entire reason my family loved that attraction.

i will e-mail Disney (who do we send such comments to?) in hope that they can edit them in when they do the edit to include space mountain once it is back online.

I don't hate it but it has sort of a "generic Disney" feel to it. It sounds like the Disney Channel and the voice is talking down to kids and is exciting for 8-12 year old girls. It changes the theme of Tomorrowland to a degree, which may be what they want what with all the toons taking up residence.
I don't mind them changing things but this is a bit off. I would love to hear the long meetings and discussions about this and talk to the people who green lighted it.

Agree 100%. Would have loved to be in those meetings and hear the logic.

Totally off topic. OMG! That picture of your dog in the cone is hilarious! Love it. Poor thing.

I think this is an interum spiel. The final version wont be much different this this, but obviously the part about excuse our space dust will be going away.

I hate being the one to complain about everything.

But the voice makes it sound and feel like a tv commercial. I liked the booming futuristic tommorowlandy voice.

But the ride still has all the nice views, relaxing qualities and such that we loved about it in the first place. and they call it the peoplemover. I've always known it as the TTA but I know some of you guys are adamant about calling it the Peoplemover.

To me it will always be the WEDWay :)
And I do not like the new guy.. Bring back the old narration PLEASSSSEEEEEE!!!
I love the nostalgia of something things and this is one of them!

This is a real unexpected tragedy. The TTA is the perfect escape, a great attraction to sit down, cool off, get a great view of the park, and NEVER A WAIT! While those aspects remain, the new, condesending voice and the removal of the corny jokes will likely make me opt for a bench, instead.

This completely takes away from the theming of Tomorrowland, which I've always thought was wonderful. It no longer feels like you're in a living, working city of the future, but rather...in a theme park. There are ways to point out other attractions without sounding like a commercial.

R.I.P. Mr. Tom Morrow. Maybe at least you can get a headstone over at the Haunted Mansion.

It loses a lot of the appeal of riding WEDway, but I am sure we will be on it quite a bit this trip as we like the ride overall. It sounds to me as if they wanted to incorporate the Disney characters into more than before. It is not what we are used to, but change is not always bad.

OK, they have to put Tom Morrow back! We've been riding since DS12 was 3. For the longest time he didn't react to the joke because he is Autistic and didn't get it. Then, when he was about 10, he suddenly busted out on the TTA. I asked him what was so funny. He says "Tom Morrow!" He was giddy for days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter