New to WISH!

Amelia

<font color=FF0099>I love my little eeyore!<br><fo
I just joined WISH this morning and am looking forward to sharing tips and tricks with everyone.

I started Atkins in January and have to date lost 22 pounds. I have a goal of 100 pounds so I still have a long way to go. My short term goals are to lose 10 pounds a month, but I'm a realiist and know that sometimes that's just not possible. I do light excersize right now with the hopes of doing more as I lose more weight. Looking forward to good weather so I can start walking.

I've read through some of the posts and it looks like you're a very motivated crowd!! One step at a time I know we can do this together!!!

Amelia

22 pounds since January:D Way to go!!!!!! I just joined too:D Welcome!!!!!!!

Thanks, Perdidobay, I'm sure with all of the encouragement we get on this board we will both reach our goals!!

Amelia

Amelia, I'm eating the Atkins way, too. I started off with 100 pounds to lose and I've lost a little more than 25% of that since 1/9/03.

Sounds like you are having great success with Atkins. Welcome to our WISH family :)

Katholyn

Amelia
I am so glad that you found us! Every little bit of support goes a long way. I am also eating low carb (since June 2002). It has been going slow for me. I have too many little cheats or it would have gone faster. BUT they way I am eating is a way that is do-able for me for the long haul -- and that is what counts!

I am 40 years old and 5'2''. I started in June at 247 and dropped down to 215 right before Christmas. I then became side tracked and by the end of January had gained 7 pounds (started WISH challenge on 1/31 at 222). I ended up gaining another 2 pounds (224) before I finally became focused again two weeks ago. These past two weeks have been the most succesful for me since beginning this way of eating. I lost 4 pounds the first week and 3 this week and FINALLY earned that 5 pound clippie!;) So as of today I am down 30 pounds since June 2002.

You will find lots of support here --- WELCOME!
:D

Thanks for the welcome, wovenwonder and nativetxn!!

I've found that the Atkins way of life is really for me. I can't believe how much better I feel when I eat right! I always keep some Atkins Endulge bars in my cupboard just incase I get the urge for chocolate but other than that I really haven't have much trouble with cravings. I had tried Atkins before but was having trouble sticking to it because of the lack of low carb items on my local store's shelves but now I can find several of the Atkins products at my local Kroger grocery store and this time it's been a breeze. I've also found that Atkins has improved the taste of several of thier products and that helps too! The other day I received an order for vitamins that I had ordered from Atkins and there was a free bag of "Cruncher" chips inclosed. Crunchers are kind of like potato chips except they're made with soy. I wasn't keen on trying them because in the past when I tried soy chips they were about like eating cardboard, flavor and consistancy!! Well, to make a long story short the flavor I received was BBQ and I was pleasently surprised with the flavor!! They were really pretty good!! Has anyone tried any of the other flavors?

Amelia

Just wanted to welcome you to the boards Amelia. 22 pounds is an awesome weight loss!:D

<marquee>:wave: Welcome, Amelia :wave:</marquee>

You'll love it here. Congratulations on your weight loss so far! :D

Amelia, welcome to WISH:wave:

I am sure you will find a lot of support and inspiration here; everyone is WONDERFUL!!

Congratulations on losing 22 lbs, keep up the good work:)

smiley-linie-010.gif
This is a great place for motivation and support. A wonderful bunch of people!!!!

Welcome Amelia!

I too am doing Atkins, and I started on Feb. 1. So far I have been amazed with the results.

We love having you join us, and as we have said before....

we are a GREAT bunch of "losers"!

:p

Congratulations on your loss Amelia and welcome to WISH. You are right, this is a very motivated group and a wonderful support system.

Great to meet you, Amelia!!!!

Wow, 22 pounds already? That is awesome! There are quite a few people here who are also doing Atkins (as I'm sure you know by now!) You'll have plenty of support from everyone.

Sending you some good weather pixie dust so you can get out to exercise soon!

Hope to see you around often! :smooth:

Hey Amelia! I really like the new Atkins Advantage bars too! You're right - they have definitely improved. I haven't tried the chips yet, but I think I will place an order online soon and try them while I'm at it.

Carb Solutions sells good bars too - 2 or 3 carb grams each. They're a little cheaper than Atkins bars, but they're also a little smaller.

It's nice to meet you - and welcome to WISH! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter