New to Walt Disney World

WDW FAN8403

Mouseketeer
Hello,
I have just returned from a two week trip to Orlando, and we went to all four Disney parks.

While we were there I noticed that Epcot had a big enclosed area almost right in the middle of the park and I was wondering if anyone knows what they were doing?

Also while at Animal Kingdom I noticed that you don't walk in and see the tree right away in the middle, there is a bunch of greenery around it and just look completely different than last time I was there.

Does anyone know what is going on at Disney World? Also is there talk of a new theme park or anything? Just wondering :)

Thanks everyone

To answer for EPCOT I believe you may have seen an area closed off for preparation for the flower and garden festival, which begins now I believe. As far as Animal Kingdom, they have always had the entrance set up that way, as far as I know anyways, as you can enter to the right or left, and view some animals and greenery, and then it meets in the middle where the tree of life is located. I do not ever remember being able to see the tree of life from the entrance. I am no expert though so someone else may have a better answer as I did not visit AK the year it opened.

At Epcot what you saw was the fountain being refurbished. The entire thing was walled off when I was there 2 weeks ago.

AK, no different, always been that way.

As far as Animal Kingdom, they have always had the entrance set up that way, as far as I know anyways, as you can enter to the right or left, and view some animals and greenery, and then it meets in the middle where the tree of life is located. I do not ever remember being able to see the tree of life from the entrance. I am no expert though so someone else may have a better answer as I did not visit AK the year it opened.

I have to agree with that assessment....paths to the right and left after you first enter the park....but of course I have been wrong before :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter