New to the DisBoards** Honeymoon destination in 2011**

RingPop787

Earning My Ears
I am new to the DisBoards...never done this before. I am looking for advice about planning a honeymoon in Disney. I will be going in June 2011. I have been to Disney 4 times, but my Fiance has never been. We want to do it right when we go!!!

I'm just going to throw my 2 cents at you, but if it were my honeymoon, and knowing what I now know after 42 trips, I'd pick a resort you'll want to spend some time at. A resort with some hot tubs, cozy atmosphere and over the top theming. I'm biased, WL would be the perfect resort without emptying your wallet. This resort have 2 hot tubs, 2 good restaurants, ambiance out the wazoo, morning paper and queen beds and a great pool for evening dips. We always take some wine and soak in the night air, dip in the hot tubs and play in the pool late at night. The boat ride to the MK is very nice, and a boat over to FW is a great evening jaunt, Crocketts Tavern for some pizza and drinks, very subdued atmosphere there, we hardly run into anyone.

The whole resort reeks of coziness, little nooks on every floor, some with sofas, love seat and fireplaces. We really enjoy the room decor, location and amenities from deluxe and WL has it all, and with discounts, whether AAA or AP's some good rates can be had during value season, check it out.

I was actually thinking WL...I really love the theming of that hotel. My Fiance is very outdoorsy too, so I feel like he would enjoy his stay there!

10.gif

My DH and I took our honeymoon in Disney in 2003 and loved it! We stayed at the Poly and felt it was very romantic... the Great Ceremonial House is beautiful with the water feature, great landscaping and walking paths, we watched the fireworks and electrical water parade from the beach swinging in a hammock, on the monorail so easy access to the parks, Ohana restaurant is awesome. We also did the luau dinner show. We found it to be a little cheesy, but the second half of the show was good and the food was good too. Other things we did special for our honeymoon: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue show at Ft. Wilderness Lodge following by a horse drawn carriage ride, fireworks cruise on the lagoon just the two of us (we picked up a counter service meal and ate on the boat), we also bought bride and groom mouse ears that got us lots of extra perks.

I highly recommend taking tons of pictures with photopass, everywhere you see a photographer. At the end of your trip, you can order a CD and get all your photos and then print them yourself, instead of buying individual pictures from Disney. The CD includes a copyright release so that you can have them printed through a photo center like Walmart or whatever. The last time we ordered a CD (about a year and a half ago) it was around $100. Well worth it as long as you take a ton of pictures!

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter