New to the board

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by jess4101, Dec 13, 2012.

1. jess4101

jess4101 Earning My Ears

I have 4 children, 3 girls ages 8, 5, 3 and 1 boy age 6. After my headaches of Christmas shopping this year I have decided next year is Disney! However we're going to do an early Christmas at the beginning of December to avoid too much of a crowd... I have only been to Disney once as a child, my husband has never been and neither have our children so we are excited! We're doing this all as a surprise; we put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving so we figured we will have the package waiting the next day or a few days before the trip with tickets, etc. So I have no clue how to plan a trip, we want the true Disney experience, staying there but I have so much research to do as far as parks, resorts, dining, etc. So I need as much help as possible!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Welcome!

4. Swissdog2010

Swissdog2010 DIS Veteran

Well you came to the right place and you'll get lots of advice, but it would help to know what you are looking to get out of the trip, preferences, etc. You'll need to decide if you are going to want to stay on property, what level of accomodation, ie, value, mid level or premium. What are your eat habits, such as, three full meals a day which can make the Dining Plan attractive, or a good breakfast to start the day, full dinner and just a light lunch? We just returned from a trip, went down the wednesday after thanksgiving. Was great, all the christmas stuff was in full swing but the crowds were light...most lines were 10-15 mins. Give some thought and come up with some specific questions and post them and you'll get good advice. You can message me directly and I can forward you some files my wife has compiled over the years, she's a great planner and has lots of info on resturants and stuff.

5. jesswindsor

jesswindsor DIS Veteran

Welcome!!!

6. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

7. Soarin Hubby

Soarin Hubby Mouseketeer

Welcome.

Merry Christmas to all. pirate: