New To The Board From Northern Maine

crownweather

The Weather Guru (and Meg's DF)
Hey there everyone!!
I have been hooked into the Disney Boards by my fiancee, Meg (MegKate on the boards). We are planning our Disney wedding for October 12th of this year. Wanted to pop in here to introduce myself. My name is Rob, am from Caribou, Maine, which is in far northern Maine, where it is currently snowing. Have joined to get some tips and advice on all things Disney. I have been to Disney twice, once as a kid in 1986 and the second time with Meg in May of 2007.

Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you and gain some insight into the ins and outs of WDW.

Hello Random Stranger! :lmao: Welcome to the boards!! :lovestruc

Welcome :)
If I could have gotten married :bride: at Disney 23 years ago I would have in a heart beat. Maybe we can renew our vows there. I do know my son wants to get married there. Hope he told his girlfriend, they need to start saving now.:laughing: he is at the Disney College and working there so maybe they will get a discount:woohoo:
Good luck with your marriage and check back often theres alot going here.

welcome.gif

:rotfl: Welcome, my wife and I got married in FLA and honeymooned at Disney. 2 nights at AKL then to Old Key West. We're celebrating our 5th anniversary their this month. Good luck and enjoy.

Welcome to the board! I'm getting married in Disney myself this upcoming June. :bride:

Wow! Caribou...my husband is from Caribou. You are right its WAY up north. :) We lived there the first year we were married and then Loring closed and we were off to another base. It was quite the shock for this Texas girl. ;) Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Wow! Caribou...my husband is from Caribou. You are right its WAY up north. :) We lived there the first year we were married and then Loring closed and we were off to another base. It was quite the shock for this Texas girl. ;) Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

We actually used to live on Loring! :thumbsup2

Rob is originally from New Hampshire and I'm originally from Central Massachusetts. We're still not used to this cold (-30 last week) and snow. Hence, the Disney Wedding! :rotfl:

We actually used to live on Loring! :thumbsup2

Rob is originally from New Hampshire and I'm originally from Central Massachusetts. We're still not used to this cold (-30 last week) and snow. Hence, the Disney Wedding! :rotfl:

I dont know that you could get used to weather that cold! :scared:

Ok so I have to ask. What in the world took y'all to Caribou??

I dont know that you could get used to weather that cold! :scared:

Ok so I have to ask. What in the world took y'all to Caribou??

I don't think anyone can get used to it! But I admit I was outside in 14 degree weather in a t-shirt so maybe I am truly getting used to it, or I'm just crazy. Either one is a plausible explanation! :rotfl:

Rob's dad worked on Loring so they also came up before it closed (two years prior I believe), and when I met him in 2005 he drug me up here to live in the frozen tundra! :thumbsup2

Hi MegKate. I noticed that you will be staying at "POP Century" in May. DH and myself along with my daughter's family stayed there in December and we had a great time. We were in the "50" building. Where are you staying?

Hi from a neighbor to the east and Welcome to the DIS .

I used to go to Caribou to spud speedway to help a coworker who used to race at spud on occasion I wont say how long ago it was but we used to watch the B52 take off and land at loring

Hi MegKate. I noticed that you will be staying at "POP Century" in May. DH and myself along with my daughter's family stayed there in December and we had a great time. We were in the "50" building. Where are you staying?

It doesn't say. :confused3 We reserved through Expedia (travel package). Being a child of the 80's, I would like to stay over there in the 80's, but I think that's out in the boondocks right? We've actually never stayed there before! My dad's a Vistana owner, so we're usually there.

I'm glad to hear you had a great time! :goodvibes We're going to be so busy doing the wedding planning and engagement pictures - only 2 days out of our 5 day vacation are free to go into the parks! :eek: But we'll be back in October!

tribus101 said:
Hi from a neighbor to the east and Welcome to the DIS .

I used to go to Caribou to spud speedway to help a coworker who used to race at spud on occasion I wont say how long ago it was but we used to watch the B52 take off and land at loring

Howdy Neighbor! I always love to chat with people close by (around here -close by qualifies as anything it takes less than 3 hrs to get to). Burton's near Fredricton right? I used to go out there when the Canadiens were out there at UNB. My hometown team was the Worcester IceCats. :)

We are planning our Disney wedding for October 12th
October is a great time of the year to get married :thumbsup2 our anniversary is on the 14 th but we did not get married at DISNEY we got married at our local Lions club
Burton's near Fredericton right?
Just 15 min down river

MegKate~ When we made our request for the "50" building it was noted in our reservations. Checking in we found out that our request was granted. Our daughter was there before us because they drove down while we flew. I am sure where ever you stay it will be just great. After all you are at "WDW". It sounds like that you are going to be real busy. Try to get some relaxing time in too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter