New to Park Hoppers and have question.

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
We are taking a shorter trip than in the past and have never used park hoppers before so I wanted to make sure I understood this right.

Our schedule:

4th - MK
5th - MNSSHP
6th - DHS then Epcot
7th - AK

Leaving the MNSSHP out of the equation since its a separate ticket, here is what I come up with.

Buying a 2 day ticket (MK, AK) - $200.22
Buying a 1 day ticket with park hopper (Epcot/DHS) - $142.71
Total: 342.93

or

Buying a 4 day ticket with no park hopper - $313.11

For the 4 of us, thats a $119.28 savings on tickets if we just buy a 4 day with no hopper. My question is, can we use two 1 day tickets at 2 parks on the same day?

1 day ticket - MK
1 day ticket AK
1 day ticket each at Epcot and DHS

My question is, can we use two 1 day tickets at 2 parks on the same day?

No.
You are not buying four 1-day tickets.
You are buying one 4-day ticket.

You are not allowed to Hop with a multi-day ticket without buying the Hopper option.

For the 4 of us, thats a $119.28 savings on tickets if we just buy a 4 day with no hopper. My question is, can we use two 1 day tickets at 2 parks on the same day?

1 day ticket - MK
1 day ticket AK
1 day ticket each at Epcot and DHS

Sorry, but you can't.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you should purchase the 4 day base ticket and then add the park hopper option at the gate on the day you plan to hop (your Epcot/DHS day). It will be an upcharge, but not as dramatic as buying 3 whole tickets plus one whole ticket with a hopper option.

Also, you will be able to enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4pm on the day of the Halloween Party with your party tickets, unless you want to go in earlier-you won't actually need a ticket for park entrance.

We are taking a shorter trip than in the past and have never used park hoppers before so I wanted to make sure I understood this right. Our schedule: 4th - MK 5th - MNSSHP 6th - DHS then Epcot 7th - AK Leaving the MNSSHP out of the equation since its a separate ticket, here is what I come up with. Buying a 2 day ticket (MK, AK) - $200.22 Buying a 1 day ticket with park hopper (Epcot/DHS) - $142.71 Total: 342.93 or Buying a 4 day ticket with no park hopper - $313.11 For the 4 of us, thats a $119.28 savings on tickets if we just buy a 4 day with no hopper. My question is, can we use two 1 day tickets at 2 parks on the same day? 1 day ticket - MK 1 day ticket AK 1 day ticket each at Epcot and DHS
Disney will not let you activate 2 parks on the same day without the hopper, it doesn't matter if you have an extra day still that you want to use. What about buying a 3 day hopper? The other option would be but a 2 day hopper for your day at MK, and your split day for Epcot/DHS and buy a 1 day 1 park for AK (1 days for MK are a bit more than 1 days for other parks). However, I think the 3 day hopper would be your best option.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you should purchase the 4 day base ticket and then add the park hopper option at the gate on the day you plan to hop (your Epcot/DHS day). It will be an upcharge, but not as dramatic as buying 3 whole tickets plus one whole ticket with a hopper option.

Also, you will be able to enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4pm on the day of the Halloween Party with your party tickets, unless you want to go in earlier-you won't actually need a ticket for park entrance.

Thanks for your responses everyone. Regarding the above, if we buy the hopper we wont need a 4 day ticket since we are doing 4 parks in 3 days would we? We'd just get the 3 day with Hopper. I just checked and adding Hopper to a 2 or 3 day is still $49 each so it wouldnt matter if we used 1 day and then added it from what I understand.

We want to see both parades and fireworks shows is why we are doing MNSSHP and a regular MK day. Sorry to be so confusing.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you should purchase the 4 day base ticket and then add the park hopper option at the gate on the day you plan to hop (your Epcot/DHS day). It will be an upcharge, but not as dramatic as buying 3 whole tickets plus one whole ticket with a hopper option. Also, you will be able to enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4pm on the day of the Halloween Party with your party tickets, unless you want to go in earlier-you won't actually need a ticket for park entrance.

I've never done this but from my research, it doesn't matter what day you add the hopper option, once hit three or more day passes it is a flat rate and you are charged that rate whether you add the hopper on day one or the last day. I would definitely suggest the op check with Disney before assuming they will save money if they add the hopper on their split day.

Park hopper is a flat fee no matter when you add it or how many days your multi day ticket is for.
But what you really need is a 3 day park hopper. Price that out ... I'm pretty sure it'll be cheaper than a two day ticket plus a separate 1 day park hopper. You won't need a ticket on your party day if you're not going I to another park or entering MK before 4 pm.

Park hopper is a flat fee no matter when you add it or how many days your multi day ticket is for.

Mostly true, but not exactly true, anymore.

(Check the price for a one-day hopper.)

Mostly true, but not exactly true, anymore.

(Check the price for a one-day hopper.)

Yeah it ranges from $49 to $60 per ticket from what I saw. Looks like I'll be getting the 3 day hopper as I see that as the only option. Was just trying to save a few bucks but oh well, glad I asked before buying!

The 3-day Hopper is $344.00 including tax. Looking at your plans, you could hop on your MK day b/c you'll be at MK the following day for MNSSHP and there's lots of time for rides then. You could also hop on your AK day, b/c that park closes early. We usually have early dinner, then go to another park on our AK day.

Since the 4-day no hopper is cheaper than the 3-day hopper, why not just plan to do either HS or EP on your party day? I think you would have more time in both parks this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter