New to MVMCP-Help

js092097

Mouseketeer
We are going to the MVMCP this year.:banana: This will be the first time we have ever been to a "special" party. We don't really know what to expect. I have read the Disney website about the party, but it's kindof general. Last year we went to WDW during Halloween, we didn't go to the party, but I know there was a special map they handed out to show the rides that were operating. Do they do this with the Christmas party? Also were are the shows and are the Characters all around the park or do they have their own que? What Characters are there? Where is the best place to get "snowed" on? Any info will be helpful. Thanks!:santa:

OMGosh! You will LOVE the party! It only "snows", which are really bubbles, on Main Street and its not all night (like I thought). I have 2 little ones, so the whole "doing the ride thing" didn't pertain to us...we just went for the atmosphere. We rode the kiddie stuff, mostly.

My then 4 year old loved the dancing stations. They had dj's playing music and characters gettin' down! It was a HOOT to watch! The hot chocolate and cookies were a hit with my 1 year old!

The parade ROCKS!

I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS! I wish that I could go again!

Based on MVMCP 2003 and 2004, there will be a map/programme where you normally pick up your MK maps and programme schedules. If you're in the park early, they don't put them out until around 6 p.m., if I remember correctly. Pick up a couple of extras as souveniers. :)

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the characters, although I did see them throughout the park. I mostly enjoyed the holiday programmes, with a few attractions interspersed. I went solo in 2003, and with a large group and a second visit with just one friend in 2004. All three were fun! :)

Hi All!
MVMCP IS A LOT OF FUN. MY DH ABD MYSELF HAVE WENT TO THIS THE LAST 4 YEARS. A few thing have changed since we first went, no more buttons, or special halloween photos. We spend the party nite seeing shows, buying MVMCP merchandise, things we can't do or see outside of MVMCP! Some people like to do rides, because lines are not as long. Look at this link!!
ENJOY YOUR TRIPS!! I"LL BE THERE 12/8-15

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=752567

:mickeyjum :goofy:

You'll love the party! There are maps available that will give you showtimes and photo locations and also tell you what rides will be open and where to get your hot chocolate and cookies (YUM!!). There aren't many counter service places open (Pecos Bill and Cosmic Ray's and maybe one or two more). The shows and fireworks are great, the crowds are fairly small, the characters are out in full force, the decorations and snow on Main Street are beautiful, and it's FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!! Have a great time!!!!:santa:

:santa: :banana: CBR - December 5-9th.

We went last year for the first time and LOVED it! So much that we are going again this year. Can't wait.
You will love it. Snow is on Main Street. Last year there was a special map that showed all the info you need even where the free cookies and cocoa are. I don't know for sure about character stations. We saw them all over before the parade and of course during the parade.
We go to LTT for dinner before hand. Fun, fun, fun!

It was awesome. Have a great time!

Thanks for all the info! It really has helped this overplanner and worrier!:rotfl:

MVMCP rocks! I wish we were going back this year! You'll love it too! There are characters everywhere. Locations are marked on map, plus, there are usually some wandering around unannounced. Last year, we saw the Country Bears standing around outside. Its very fun!

Have a great time!

You don't have to wait until the official start time to get into the Magic Kingdom. The past two years we arrived between 4:00 and 4:30 pm. You'll get a wrist bracelet to show that you have MCMCP tickets. You can watch Wishes before the park finishes the regular hours just after 6:00 pm.

Tip: If you want to spend that day at the pool, resting, visiting resorts, whatever, all you need is the MVMCP ticket to spend 6 hours at MK. We never use of Hopper tickets on MVMCP days.

There's a character version of “The Night Before Christmas” at the theater in Tomorrowland, and the special castle show is on several times as well. There are early and later Christmas parades plus special fireworks in between.

At the Pinocchio theater (character greeting area near the Pinocchio restaurant) kids can dance with various characters. The music is fun, and adults dance, too.

The park really empties out after the second parade. Then there are no or next-to-no lines for any of the rides. We've had our own log at Splash Mountain, and we've been very alone in the Haunted Mansion. The only attraction that always seems to have a line is Peter Pan – possibly because of the loading method and limited number of simultaneous riders.

Some adults and kids dress up in holiday sweaters etc. Some of the little girls wear their princess costumes. And there are a variety of Disney holiday hats, headbands, Mickey ears to be purchased.

There's a special collector pin available for purchase – a new pin each night – and only available during the party hours. Usually there are special plush toys, too, that are exclusive to the party times.

We love MVMCP – ours is November 12 this year. :santa:

You will love it!!!! OUr fav was the cookies and hot coco they give out and the snow on main street. But be sure to save yourself a great seat on main street nice and early for the parade.

We went last year and LOVED it! :thumbsup2 There is a map they hand you at the party. Be sure to head for the first performance of Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas at the Galaxy theater. It fills up F-A-S-T and the performance is wonderful! We had fun getting pictures with the characters in their Christmas outfits (Mickey, Minnie, Belle in her red dress, etc) and there was 'snow' on main street. We didn't get to stay at the dance parties much as my daughter wanted to stay in ToonTown.

The Country Bears were out before and during the parade in Frontierland. They even joined a game of 'duck, duck, goose' that was going on before the parade. One of the bears was 'sniffing' around someone's food near where we were standing and my daughter said, "No feeding the bears!" :lmao: The bear put his hand to his lips and then patted her head. All three of them kept coming by to pat my daughter's head and give her 'high fives', they even tried to get Santa's attention to point to where my daughter was when he came by. The Country Bears really made the party for us.

Thanks OP for asking and everyone else for all the great info. We are going to our first MVMCP after 4 MNSSHPs in a row. We love MNSSHP so I am looking forward to MVMCP!!

We are going the 16th too (42 days!). It will be me, ds10, and dd8. She is wearing her Cinderella dress on the plane that day, and we have a 4:30 adr at 1900. I plan to be in the park shortly after 6. I'm not even worrying about rides until after the 2nd parade-we want to do all the party stuff! I plan to spend alot of time at the dance parties (last year at Cosmic Rays and in FL near the carrousel).

Wow, thanks OP for posting, I was wondering too. It's great to know you can enter MK before it actually starts. How quickly do the crowds clear out from all the people who were at the park for the day but aren't staying for MVMCP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter