• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New to me: Panicking about ADR's!!!!

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
So, I make ADR's on Sunday for our January 7-12 stay.

We've never, ever, had problems in the past of getting exactly what we want: spring break, summer, Christmas......However, I'm hearing so many bad things about this new system and I'm actually PANICKING that we're not going to get anything we want! I swore I would never do this; it's restaurants for Pete's sake!

Here's what we want for our party of 6:

Coral Reef
Cape May breakfast
50's Prime Time
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon breakfast
Tusker House
Liberty Tree
Biergarten

Can anybody tell me it'll all be ok????? :rotfl:

I don't like the online system, but that could just be me. I did find that thanks to the DDP and Free Dining, it was very hard to book at 90 days out, which surprised me after all of our trips. The IPO could not get me a dinner at 'Ohana at all for our stay. By being diligent and calling a lot I managed to snag my own. Since then I have just called every so often to tweak my reservations. It helps that I pay a flat rate monthly for long distance, os I don't worry about the hold times. Sending you good wishes and pixie dust, just keep trying if you don't getwhat you want. People are always cancelling:)

I had a very nice experience with the online system. It will be ok, I too panicked with everyone's replies they couldn't get what they wanted and had to settle, oh I had a headache from it all. So on August 31 (my 90 day) I set forth at 6am and was done in 17mins with everything I wanted, including LeCellier and Chef Mickey's. Everything was pretty much in the time frame give or take an hour except LC, I had to go with an 8:30 dinner. That is a bit late but hey we'll take it.

Try and not get too worked up, I know people are having a hard time but then there are people that get thru and wham they are done. Keep repeating, I am going to disney world, I am going to disney world. LOL :)

I'm going at a normally uncrowded time, but free dining was extended after I booked most of my ADRs. I booked online and found it really nice because they will suggest open times for a place, or other places if there isn't one that matches what you want exactly.

All that said, I was a bonehead and forgot to call to get Chef Mickey's for a party bigger than 10. I'm less than three weeks from my trip and just called a couple of days ago to see if anywhere could fit us in. We got 12 in at Liberty Tree Tavern, though it is at 4:15. I would think getting a normal time there for 6 wouldn't be an issue considering that I got 12 in for dinner so close to the date.

I'd say overall I've seen more posts about people being able to get what they want with the new system than before. Certainly the ability to easily go online various times and check for things must help - I think that's easier than calling on the phone.

It will get better with the return to 180 days booking I think as well, if you're a person who books 180 days out, anyway.

We got everything we wanted online at the 90 day mark. :)

We are going to:
CRT
1900 Park Fare
Tuskers
Hollywood and Vine
O'hanas
Crystal Palace

When it was time for me to book our ADRs (back in July) I got up early that morning and started browsing the system...and it wasn't working! I was so worried I wouldn't get what I wanted either. I tried to patiently wait until the phone system opened us...but the whole time I was madly trying to online book my ADRs with no luck. When I called WDW and got the CM I immediately spit out CRT blah blah day at blah blah time. SURPRISE...I got it. Then I barked, "Le Cellier...blah blah day and blah blah time"...and I got that one too. Whoa! Turns out I was able to get everything I wanted as well including CM, LeCellier, 50s PTC, etc. Now when I want to leisurely browse and see what is out there I have no problems with the online system. Weird. I do like it, just wish it had been working for me...but it didn't have a tragic ending so I'm happy. Don't worry about it, but be prepared. When you get online or on the phone...start with LeCellier...that's a hot ticket in town.

Good luck getting your ADRs...they look yummy! Let us know how it goes on Sunday!!

Just for the record, my calculator (from All Ears) says that you can make ADRs for January 7 starting October 9th, which is Friday.

Have you tried pulling up your reservation on the system? You can do that before hand. That may give you an idea if it will work for you or if you are one of the MANY unlucky ones for whom the system doesn't recognize their reservation.

Hmm....I didn't think of that. We're DVC members. Does it pull up DVC reservations as well?

Also, we're split staying. Can I book ALL my ADR's under the first ressie or will it not allow me to do it until I put in my 2nd ressie?

I Was one of those unlucky ones that got things into the shopping cart then the system went down. I've since been able to use it, when it works, to book, although I too had trouble finding my reservation.

Also, we're split staying. Can I book ALL my ADR's under the first ressie or will it not allow me to do it until I put in my 2nd ressie?

Split stays are a pain when it comes to ADR's (IMO). Unless something has recently changed, you will only be able to book the first res at it's 90 day mark & will have to wait until the 90 day mark of the 2nd res to book the balance.

It's SUPPOSED to work for DVC, but wether it will is a toss up it seems. We are DVC too and it won't pull up our ressie. It seems like BLT ressies are having a lot of problems, but that it's not limited to just those either.

I will be majorly ticked if I don't get decent ADRs. We bought into DVC because my DS has multiple food allergies and we rarely vacation. We heard how good Disney was and decided we would start vacationing there for that reason alone. We would not be going to Disney otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter