New to Disney....Any suggestions....>

Morris*family

Earning My Ears
Nov. 8th will be MY FIRST DISNEY CRUISE. My family and I are so excited.

Being this is my first disney cruise...what are some things I MUST DO. Also, if you have any neat suggestions or hints.

Thanks in advance!

:banana:

Nov. 8th will be MY FIRST DISNEY CRUISE. My family and I are so excited.

Being this is my first disney cruise...what are some things I MUST DO. Also, if you have any neat suggestions or hints.

Thanks in advance!

:banana:

Welcome!!! We have a great DIS group going on this cruise... come check out our thread on the "Disney Cruise Meets" forum.

Gretchen

Order Mickey ice cream bars from either room service or at meal time. Order cookies and milk at bedtime from room service and sit with your family in your cabin and talk about what everyone did that day. It's a nice way to wind down and remember that day's fun.

Have a great time! That's the best advice I can give. There are so many fun things for all ages.

Not sure how old your kids are, but our 3 and 5 year old loved that we decorated our door. They got a kick out of being able to run ahead and find our room by themselves. Doors are metal, so decorations need to be magnetic.

Bring glow bracelets and necklaces, eye patches for pirate night.

Have your camera ready at all times! Have fun!!

Melissa

We have one daughter and she is 7 years old. She is so excited!! Thanks for the advice about the door...great idea.

We are READY for the pirate night...we have decorated our eye patches and have an outfit just for the party. I think I am more excited than she is about the trip (even though she is VERY VERY excited LOL)

You must get over your guilt quickly if your DD wants to spend all of her time in the Kids club. It is her vacation too. :lmao: After you are over the guilt, you must spend time in the Adults only areas. :thumbsup2 Have a great trip!

I will try... LOL

Boy it will be hard b/c her and I do everything together.... course me and the hubby would LOVE to spend time in the cove.

Nov 8th sounds like a great day to go on a cruise!

When the ship is starting to pull away from the port, head right to the front of the ship and try to get a spot overlooking the side. You can usually see a few dolphins following the ship as it sails out towards the ocean! Its our favourite way to start the journey.

Have a great time!

Flibs

1) you can't do it all so don't try
but
2) you can always sleep when you get back home :smooth:

Do expect Magic to happen - just don't go "looking for it" to cross it off of your list. You'll be surprised at how many people here on the DIS that are disapointed in "is that all" after their cruise AFTER reading all of the cool and neat and Magical things that have happened to some of the prior cruisers (since they knew about them beforehand, they just were not "magical" enough).

Go to the main shows in the Walt Disney Theater in the evenings - those are very good shows.

Expect to sit with other people at dinner - they are only strangers for as long as you all make them to be. My family is VERY shy but sharing dinner with new friends is one of our favorite memories from the cruises. Some dinner mates have become "lifelong" friends, others have not had any other contact with after the cruise.

If DCL is still doing the family "cabarette" shows between main dinner and late dinner seatings, you should consider going to them (Rockin Bar D on the Magic, Route 66 on the Wonder) - or go to the family activity in Studio Sea that is going on at the same time.

relax and have fun on your trip

I second the going to the shows. Do not miss the shows! Also, make sure you make it to the dessert buffet (if you are going on the 7 day) it is something else! Get to the port early so you can start your vacation as early as possible. Try something new off the dinner menu, after all it doesn't cost extra and if you don't like it you can get something else.

Relax!! The person who said you can't do it all is right... so don't knock yourself out trying.

Our favorite evening activity is to sit in Session/Cadillac Lounge listening to the piano player with a martini (well martini for me anyway).

I don't second the shows. They are nice, but we made it to very few shows until our 4th cruise, and I tell ya... I didn't think we missed all that much. Even DD6 wasn't that thrilled. But maybe we're weird. (We did love John Charles and Freddy Fusion)

1. Ditto about getting to the port early and getting on the boat ASAP. That first hour you can practically have the Mickey pool to yourselves and you'll never see it that empty again.

2. Don't miss the sail away party. That was really a highlight of our trip.

3. My DH and I had brunch at Palo and it was very good.

4. We did a visit to the rainforest in the spa. It isn't very expensive and you get a pass to go in and enjoy a couple of different types of steamrooms and showers in the spa. While you need to cool off you can lounge around on these tile lounge chairs that are surprizing comfortable. Both my husband and I dozed off. It was really nice to take a break from the constant go-go-go of a Disney cruise.

5. Don't forget to leave out clothes for everyone in your party when putting your bags out the last night. They warn you about this a zillion times and you think "really, who would be so forgetfull?". Well, I kept out my clothes and DH kept out his clothes and oopps, we never talked about who would grab clothes for our DD7. Very funny! She had to go to breakfast and get of the boat in her pj's and we still laugh about it all the time. You can BET it won't happen on our upcoming cruise.

6. Have fun, but be prepared to be exhausted when you get off the boat. There is so much to do!

1. Get to port early to get boarding pass 2, head right up to Beach Blanket/Topsiders for lunch, then change into swim suits to enjoy the empty pools and have a Bahama Mama!

2. Participate in the family activities in Studio Sea. We didn't do any until our last night when we stumbled across Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer. It was so fun, I just wished we'd gone there every night for all the other fun family games.

3. Shuffleboard on deck 4 and those comfy deck 4 chairs.

4. Take your whole family to the Grouper Game Pavilion on Castaway Cay and play some games together. It was fun, not busy, and nice to get out of the sun.

5. When your kids are in the clubs, spend as much time as you can at the Quiet Cove pool. The chairs (at least on the wonder) were so comfy. They also hold pool games which were fun to watch.

6. One thing I didn't do that I'm going to do next cruise: spend time in the Rainforest Room.

Have a great time.

At least one morning (thats all I could manage anways!) get up early and watch the sun rise. Also, just watching the sun set when all you can see is the sea and sky meeting on the horizon is an amazing sight. I like to sit on those very comfy deck 4 chairs, sipping a cocktail and watching the whole world go dark.

When heading into a port, stand right at the front of the ship for a breathtaking windswept experience!

Flibs.

My hubby wants a Tag Huer watch...does anyone know if they sell those (fake ones) LOL can't afford the real deal LOL

We are going on our third cruise on the Magic on Nov 29th.
My first suggestion is don't miss the brunch at Palo's - it's fabulous. Try to get on the ship early if you can't get a reservation online. They usually hold some seatings for onboard booking.
Second, don't miss the farewell celebration in the main lobby the last evening of the cruise. And make sure you bring the kids. All the characters will be there and they really do a nice show to say goodbye.
Third, if you and your husband would like some quiet time and don't want to spend a lot of money - at the spa they have a treatment called Exotic Rasul. You are taken to a private steamroom/spa and given different scrubs and gels and you are left completely alone (they lock the door) for 45 minutes. You can get really close rubbing each other with muds, lotions, etc. and then steaming them off, if you get my drift. And it only costs about $83 without tip. One of the best things my hubby and I did on our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter