New to DISboards

sushibite

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the website, but not new to Disney. I am 26 years old, and my wife is 28. We have a beautiful son, who is just like his dad (totally awesome and amazing at everything:) ). He is 3 now.

I have been going to WDW at least once every year since I was four or five, usually during the summer. We were fortunate that my grandparents have owned Timeshare in Kissimmee since, well forever. And this timeshare is as close as you can get to Disney, without staying on Disney (5mins from AK, roughly 12mins from MK).

Before my honeymoon with my wife, in 2007, I had only stayed on Disney Property once before, with my mom and stepdad and 4 brothers. We stayed at CBR, and had a blast. My wife and I again stayed at the CBR for our honeymoon, at Aruba to be more specific.

My wife and I are currently planning our next trip for October 2011. This is normally a fairly easy task, since we already know what we want to do and not do. However, I am an Infantryman in the US Army, and it is quite difficult to plan a vacation while in Afghanistan. However, we are making do. In the course of my investigation on Disney deals, I found this little gem of a website. I had seen it before, but have never really used it until now. Well, hope everyone has a good day.

Thanks so much to you and your family, for all the sacrifices you've made on our behalf.

Let us know how we can help, and stay safe!

Also, if you're thinking of skipping the time share, take a look at:
- www.mousesavers.com for info on deals and savings. Like this one: ***
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#military
But according to the site, it ends 10/1-- I don't suppose you have any flexibility with dates?
- The Swan and Dolphin offer a great deal for military personnel-- I think it's in the ball park of $149 a night?? Mousesavers should have that info. You would be missing out on Disney's Magical Express (ride to and from the airport) and the meal plan, but it looks like a great deal! (As a teacher, I could get it too, except that we're a family of 5; that limits our options a bit.) http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/dreamsres/sd.cfm

God Bless!

WELCOME!!! Lots of great info on here that I hope helps make your planning a little easier.

Thanks for your service - I know it's gotta be hard being away from your family - and I know it's hard for them to have you be away. Thanks to them too. Be safe and know there are lots of people praying for you guys and your families while you're away. :grouphug:

11.gif

Thank you all for warm welcome and support.

I am aware of the issues with Military Pricing. However, traditionally, I can get a price quote which is put through some high-speed formula to give me a usually pretty accurate price. Then, when the official price comes out, it gets adjusted. I have never had a price adjust more than $75 in Disney's favor, and twice about $50 in my favor.

I do plan on enjoying the Food and Wine Festival, for a multitude of reasons. First, as many times as I have been to WDW, I have never acutally been there during the FWF. Secondly, Epcot is by far my favorite theme park. Third it will be my birthday, and we will be spending that particular day at Epcot, and I do not care if that day happens to be labeled "STAY AWAY SUPER CROWDED!!!"

Once again, thank you all for the warm welcomes and support.

Hello, I also wanted to thank you for your service.:thumbsup2 God bless you and your family!

Have a wonderful time at WDW!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter