New to dining plan

pawn626

Mouseketeer
Hi, dh and I are taking our adult ds, his dgf, and our granddaughter to disney in sept for free dining. We have been to disney several times but never did the dining plan. I know it goes by number of nights you stay but does it allot those number of meals to each guest or is it all pooled together

It's pooled together per room. Example: You and your husband in one room. DS and his DGF and daughter in another. You will have two pools of meals/snacks - one pool for each room depending on the number of people in each room. Make sense?

exactly - credits are allotted per room (and you can't merge multiple rooms). Not per person.

So, lets use this scenario -
My husband and I + our 5 year old and 15 year old have booked the free Disney dining plan. We have made reservations for our dinners for TS meals. I know my 5 year old won't eat much and many times will just eat off my plate. We have 5 TS + 5 QS + 5 SC. If she chooses to eat with me on 2 meals, that would leave 2 TS credits left(For her that she didn't use). Could me and my husband use them for a night alone for dinner? Or will they make us pay for the extra charge for food?
The real question is: Are the credits separated by child vs adult, or are they all just considered dining credits?

My husband and I + our 5 year old and 15 year old have booked the free Disney dining plan. We have made reservations for our dinners for TS meals. I know my 5 year old won't eat much and many times will just eat off my plate. We have 5 TS + 5 QS + 5 SC. If she chooses to eat with me on 2 meals, that would leave 2 TS credits left(For her that she didn't use). Could me and my husband use them for a night alone for dinner? Or will they make us pay for the extra charge for food?
The real question is: Are the credits separated by child vs adult, or are they all just considered dining credits?

They are separated. In your case you would have 3 adult and 1 child. If your 5 yr old doesn't eat her own meal, you will have leftover child credits that can only be used for kid's meals and only one at a time.

Since you have free dining, you can "make" her an adult. You will need to pay for an adult ticket for her, but then you would have 4 adult credits and you could then use her extra credits for that dinner alone.

With "free" dining, this is a scenario where it might be a good idea to "age-up" your 5 year old child to an "adult." You'll have to pay about $20 for the difference between a child and an adult park ticket, and that's all. Then you would be able use use those adult credits, and just pay out of pocket if you want to buy the child a kids meal.

amy nephew is coming and he is 16 for the room he is considered a child I'm hoping on the dining plan he isn't! He will starve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter