New to dcl

kozakfamily

Earning My Ears
I'm so excited, my dh and I are planning on booking a cruise for my birthday in may. My dd will be 3.5 and my ds 18m. What should I plan on, what shouldn't I miss? I've been on a few (4) royal Caribbean cruises when I was school aged, but it's been a while. I was planning just one internal cabin, since we don't plan to be in there much- and the kid will be small still, my family used to do 2cabins, but ended up all hanging in the one anyway. I wanted to take a night and go to palo, and wanted to treat myself to a spa treatment or two, which treatments are your favorites? When do you book babysitting in the
nursery?

I'm so excited, my dh and I are planning on booking a cruise for my birthday in may. My dd will be 3.5 and my ds 18m. What should I plan on, what shouldn't I miss? I've been on a few (4) royal Caribbean cruises when I was school aged, but it's been a while. I was planning just one internal cabin, since we don't plan to be in there much- and the kid will be small still, my family used to do 2cabins, but ended up all hanging in the one anyway. I wanted to take a night and go to palo, and wanted to treat myself to a spa treatment or two, which treatments are your favorites? When do you book babysitting in the
nursery?

You can book nursery hours once your booking window opens (for first-times cruisers that's 75 days out).

We are new to DCL as well (but have cruised in the past before kids) we are booked for may 2014! We are also looking into the nursery and I am nervous and excited all in one - bec I have never had anyone but family babysit my 3 kids - but I plan on "testing the waters" on the ship with the nursery with my then 2.5 yr old!!

When do people typically book the nursery?!?! Every night!?! We have late dining - should we plan for 9, 930?!? Will be nice to be on vacation with the kids but have some alone time as well!!

We are new to DCL as well (but have cruised in the past before kids) we are booked for may 2014! We are also looking into the nursery and I am nervous and excited all in one - bec I have never had anyone but family babysit my 3 kids - but I plan on "testing the waters" on the ship with the nursery with my then 2.5 yr old!!

When do people typically book the nursery?!?! Every night!?! We have late dining - should we plan for 9, 930?!? Will be nice to be on vacation with the kids but have some alone time as well!! ��

When you booking window opens you may book whatever hours you wish. I will point out that there is a maximum number of hours you can book pre-cruise. That max number varies depending on the length of the cruise. I think a 3 night cruise is 10 hours? Once onboard, after the first day, you can book additional hours, if they are available. This is to ensure that everyone has a chance to get SOME hours, before they fill up.

For those who have been on it, what ships have pools that swim-diapered babies can go in? We're booking next week and are still flexible, but I want to make sure my littlest one can enjoy the water too.

For those who have been on it, what ships have pools that swim-diapered babies can go in? We're booking next week and are still flexible, but I want to make sure my littlest one can enjoy the water too.

Non-potty trained kids (swim diapers) are not allowed in any pools. This is a CDC rule, not Disney. There is a splash zone on all the ships that those little ones in swim diapers can use.

Non-potty trained kids (swim diapers) are not allowed in any pools. This is a CDC rule, not Disney. There is a splash zone on all the ships that those little ones in swim diapers can use.

Totally understand that, just making sure there is a splash zone on all ships or if I have to pick a specific ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter