• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New to DCL. Leave in 6 weeks!

mom2mek

Obsessed with Disney
My mother decided to take myself, my sisters, and my sis-in-law on a cruise in October on the Dream. :banana::banana: 6 weeks!! :eek: So excited, however, having never done a Disney cruise, none of us are sure of the best way to transfer from MCO.

We have 5 people and 2 of us are flying in from VA, 1 from GA, 1 from St Louis, and 1 from Oregon. Mom already arranged transfers from MCO on the day of the cruise; however, we are thinking we should fly in the day before.

So, my questions are:

* How do we do our luggage? Will we get ME tags like we do for Disney trips that will go directly down to the ship? Or do we need to keep our bags with us overnight and bring them to the bus on the morning we leave for the port?

* Should we book at the Hyatt or grab a room at Disney for the day/night? If we stay at Disney, do our bags come with us to the hotel and then get checked in when we check in for our cruise transfer from the resort?

* Since I had no Disney trips on the horizon (other than marathon weekend in January with hubby) I have not paid attention, but are there any discounts for room-only if you are only going for 1 night?

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

If you fly in the day before you will have to take your bags with you. The next day you will give them to Disney at the terminal and you wont have to see then until you get into your cabin on the ship. Depends on what time your flight is If you stay at Disney for the night it will he more then a regular hotel. But if you get in earlier in the day you'll be able to enjoy the resorts wdw has to offer.

Thanks! :goodvibes Anyone know how the Hyatt is that is located in the airport? Is it worth it to pay more and stay there or would you get an airport shuttle to a cheaper off-airport hotel for the night? :confused3 We would need 2 rooms for sure. Recommendations??? Thanks.

I am also cruising in Oct and we are flying in on Friday evening for our Sunday cruise and spending Fri/Sat night at the Ron Jon Resort in Cocoa Beach. We are using the Cocoa Beach Shuttle to get from MCO to the resort and they are also doing our resort to the terminal shuttle ($4 per person which is the going rate for all the shuttles in that area to the port terminal). There are a ton of hotels near the port that you might want to look into for the night. From our resort - we will be able to see the cruise ships in port!! I would think that staying at a Disney resort just for the night would cost a lot more than a non-Disney hotel so unless you are getting in early enough to enjoy the resort, not worth it to me.

If you stay at the Hyatt, try to get a "stay certificate" -- I'm not sure if they are still doing this, but it was cheaper than booking direct with cash.

You get your luggage the night before, but when you check in at the Hyatt, mention you are taking a Disney cruise and have transfers. Put your tags on your luggage in your room and leave them by the door. They will pick them up and deliver them to the ship in the morning, and all you do is go to the DME area to get on the bus that will transfer to the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter