• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New to Cruising

riverbelle

Earning My Ears
I am considering going on Disney Cruise alone.
Just wondering...
1. Any opinions, or past experience on traveling solo cruise experience.
2. What is the earliest time that you are able to board ship on first day.
3. Inside cabin versus outside cabin.
Opinions on lowest acceptable cabin category.

Thank you. I am new to forums. This is my first post.

First off welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums.

A great place to start for your questions would be our FAQ. It is posted at the top of our main cruise forum, but you can also get to it from the link in my signature. It should answer many of your first time cruiser questions.

I'm going to move this post for you to the main cruise forum where I'm sure the forum members will be able to answer your questions as well.

riverbelle said:
I am considering going on Disney Cruise alone.
Just wondering...
1. Any opinions, or past experience on traveling solo cruise experience.
2. What is the earliest time that you are able to board ship on first day.
3. Inside cabin versus outside cabin.
Opinions on lowest acceptable cabin category.

Thank you. I am new to forums. This is my first post.

Welcome, Riverbelle! My mom was in a stateroom by herself and had a good time. Of course, we were on the same cruise so it's not like it was a completely solo trip for her, but she had a ball. She did some excursions on her own, and loved it. We had booked Cat 12s, but ended up being upgraded to a 9. It was a huge room to have all to herself (so this time, we're putting our 5 year old daughter in there with her! ;) )

The earliest stated time to board is noon, and that will depend on what time you get to the port and the boarding number.

Have an awesome cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter