New to board and sad

Hey OP, are you cheered up, yet?

Read my budget busted post and you can see how compassionate our dis friends can be.

Lots of smiles your way!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks for the laugh! It's really great that you all can be so lighthearted about something and have strong varying opinions at the same time! :earsgirl:

I AM THE PERSON WHO POSTED ABOUT NOT BUYING A TICKET FOR A 3 YEAR AND 4 MONTH YEAR OLD. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU PEOPLE CAN'T FORGET ABOUT THIS.

AND JUST TO MAKE MYSELF CLEAR, AGAIN I WAS NOT SAYING I WAS GOING TO DO IT. I WAS NOT SAYING IT WAS OK TO DO. I JUST WANTED OPINIONS. I GOT OPINIONS. I DID NOT GET OFFENDED BY YOUR OPINIONS, I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT OTHERS THINK. I DON'T LIKE HOW YOU ALL ARE "JUDGING" ME.. IN A WAY.

THE OPINIONS I GOT DID NOT OFFEND ME, BUT THE POSTER WHO SAID THAT I GOT WHAT IS COMMING TO ME, THAT OFFENDS ME. I COULD TOTALLY UNDERSTAND IF I GOT UP HERE AND SAID "I'M DOING IT AND I DON'T CARE IF IT'S WRONG, AND IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I TELL MY SON TO LIE" BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID!!!!!!!!!

LIKE I'VE SAID MANY TIMES, THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS AND YOUR OPINIONS ON THE SUBJECT. BUT TRY NOT TO BE SO RUDE. I HAVE GOTTEN MANY APOLOGIES FROM THOSE POSTERS WHO SAW HOW RUDE YOU ALL WERE, BUT NONE FROM THE POSTERS WHO WERE RUDE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Well, anyone up for picking on those people who wear shorts into dining rooms on DCL?

Kids in strollers on Pleasure Island?

Canned corn and MREs as "brought in meals."

Small applicances (toaster ovens, George Forman grills) in the rooms?

Originally posted by hookedup
I often thought it would be hilarious to make a post asking about bringing in my harnessed 3 yr old without a ticket so we could pool-hop resorts with our refilable mugs!

;)

:crazy: :duck: :rotfl:

Thank you for making me spit my coffee onto my keyboard! That's the best laugh I've had all day! :D

cokegal,

This is a running joke.... this subject has come up for since the DIS began and you're not the first or the last to bring it up.

OP, this board is a walk in the park compared to the Community Board! :earseek:

You are SO right about the Community Board!!

I can't believe what some people say,
and I can't even figure out sometimes WHY
they said it.
I am cautious when I post there...

you can "ignore " some posters if they seem to get mean a lot and then their posts don't show up if you don't want them to. or just unsubscribe to a thread that is taking a turn for the worse( usually it gets blocked pretty soon anyway)

all it all i saved a lot of money last trip due to the pointers here so i'm not going to let a few cranks scare me off:) ! althought sometimes when the flames are flying it cracks me up that this is WDW we are talking about, not some hot life or death topic!

I admit in my limited time here I too have added to the flames on the boards (lol) my extremely liberal non-religious beliefs get me into ALOT of trouble. However, most ppl are incredibly friendly and I admit that having grown up in a very poilitically italian family, I just can't help a good debate (hee hee) Especially being a poly sci major and all, it's just in my blood I guess.

Don't leave the boards though, this is supposed to be fun and our anti-conservative vs conservative views are merely differences to be reflected on and not to be taken to heart. We all share one common bond or we wouldn't be here:

In one form or another,We are all in love with the mouse!!!! :wave:

Let me add a lil to the humor :hyper:

What about those ppl who allow their kids to be kids in Disney, shame on them.

Can you imagine taking your 3 year and one hour old child to WDW without paying for a ticket??

How wrong is it to fill those water bottles in the park, what could these cheapos be thinking??

My all time fave is paying for the lunch buffett, but staying long enough to enjoy the dinner, and go figure it saves you a lil money. Shame on those who try it!!!

How about using a wheel chair to get on the rides faster (ok I admit this one is a lil low LOL

But tooo funny all the same......
:p

Hi, Goobergal99!

One of the big misunderstandings that people have about wheelchairs, is that there is ANY advantage (other than having a place to sit while in line)(smile) to using them at WDW. Almost all of the queues at WDW are mainstream queues and when you see me going through the fastpass line, it is because I got a fastpass and am using it the same as anyone else.

There is no "front of the line" stuff for people who use wheelchairs and usually I will wait longer than everyone else I was in line with because there are limits to the number of people with mobility disabilities that can be on a ride at one time, or there are a limited number of accessible ride vehicles. If you have any other questions, come on over to the disABILITIES board, as we have a great FAQ at the top and a wonderful bunch of people who particpate there(smile).

Yes- Figaro is right. I saw a very upset group of people at the line for the POOH ride because they were told they had to wait in the regular line or get a fast pass and come back later.

AND cokegal- I never respond to those threads about what if my kid is 3 and 2 months... because I don't care. If you do it- I don't care. I don't think less of anybody who does this. I was passed off as 11 until I was 13 at the movie theatre box office by my dad-and I don't think he is morally corrupt.

I know this is off topic, but, I have to ask Goobergal being she's a poly sci major if there's any book she can recommend regarding the highly controversal subject relating to science vs. religion. I'm very interested. Thanks

Of all the forums I belong to I always use the "shopping cart" method. While reading the posts I take what I need and leave on the shelf what I don't need. So if there is something in a post that I don't like or agree with I just "leave it on the shelf". It works for me. I have never gotten upset about reading any post.

In comparison to other boards, DIS is kind, sweet and loving. When planning a trip to Paris, I posted a lot on the Fodors European travel board. Boy, do those folks let you have it! One time I posted that after two trips to London expecting to love it, I really didn't love it. I swear there were tounges of fire shooting out of my computer!

Originally posted by Figaro
Hi, Goobergal99!

One of the big misunderstandings that people have about wheelchairs, is that there is ANY advantage (other than having a place to sit while in line)(smile) to using them at WDW. Almost all of the queues at WDW are mainstream queues and when you see me going through the fastpass line, it is because I got a fastpass and am using it the same as anyone else.

There is no "front of the line" stuff for people who use wheelchairs and usually I will wait longer than everyone else I was in line with because there are limits to the number of people with mobility disabilities that can be on a ride at one time, or there are a limited number of accessible ride vehicles. If you have any other questions, come on over to the disABILITIES board, as we have a great FAQ at the top and a wonderful bunch of people who particpate there(smile).

Um, I was just making a joke about the wheelchairs, and actually I remember about 10 years ago, being able to go through the exit to board because my aunt was in a wheelchair. Maybe they don't do it anymore though

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Hey goobergal...

I think some of the new attractions have been built with wider aisles, so some you have to wait in the line as of normal, while older attractions you still go through the exit or different entrance. I still get your joke--some high school kids did that on grad night and one girl in our group actually needed one due to an injured foot and I guess some went AHA and copied even though for them it wasn't necessary.

My mom is funny--she is req'd by her family to use a wheelchair (she usually opts for motor)...but she is in and out of it b/c her disability requires position changes--walk some of the time and sit for others. We were tired of taking 30 minute breaks every hour :hyper: BUT she hates the stigma that goes with those things and would always wait in line anyway b/c she was afraid to do any of the bypass features. I don't know what she's afraid of, she's weird that way!

ahh - corn as an mre - had forgotten that one. gave our family quite a chuckle back in the original discussion

The truth is that there is always someone lurking out there (even on the DISboards) that will tell you why something you like is wrong, inadequate, etc. It happens...and it's disheartening.

Keep posting and let those who feel compelled to let us know why we are wrong post whatever they want. It only shows their colors and says nothing bad about you.

::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter