• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Ticket Upgrade Policy?

I have not read this entire thread :faint: but could someone tell me if Disney is price bridging? Last year we got UT 5 day PH tickets and upgraded them to DVC discounted AP's and we got the price bridging. Is that out now??? :confused3 Thanks :)

Disney is still price bridging. Not all CMs know how to do it though, or apparently even know what it is.

This is about the norm for Disney. Personally, I wouldn't push them...we may not like the result. Sometimes, no news is good news. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Yeah, I'm leaving be. I'm actually upgrading through UT instead so I don't have to worry about it..

Here at Disney now! Wish me luck when I go to upgrade my DD's tickets. I will let you know how it goes. Ask away if you have any other questions. I will be here until Friday and am staying at the boardwalk.

Here at Disney now! Wish me luck when I go to upgrade my DD's tickets. I will let you know how it goes. Ask away if you have any other questions. I will be here until Friday and am staying at the boardwalk.
Hope you had good luck!

Had good luck at guest services inside magic kingdom. I asked CM for DVC PAP for my daughters and she bridged my DD's tickets without me even asking to today's gate price. These were from 5 day MYW tickets from UT bought in June 2013. I also picked up my Orbitz tickets - I will post on the orbitz thread about that and bought a TIW card. Everything done for this trip that I wanted done on the first day!

Had good luck at guest services inside magic kingdom. I asked CM for DVC PAP for my daughters and she bridged my DD's tickets without me even asking to today's gate price. These were from 5 day MYW tickets from UT bought in June 2013. I also picked up my Orbitz tickets - I will post on the orbitz thread about that and bought a TIW card. Everything done for this trip that I wanted done on the first day!

Yeah!!

Hi everyone - just wanted to share my positive experience!

I was able to upgrade 6-Day MYW Park Hoppers from UCT to Annual Passes on Tuesday (3/18). I went to Downtown Disney Guest Relations, and had no problem whatsoever. They automatically "bridged" the tickets without me asking and were wonderful to work with. They even dated the AP's expiration date to the current date (3/18) instead of the date I first used the MYW tickets, which was (3/14). I went late in the evening, probably 8:30/9:00pm.

I agree with a comment that was stated earlier-I think cast members are not always sure what "bridging" means. I just asked "how much would it cost to upgrade to AP's?" although I had made previous calculations to know how much it should cost with "bridging."

Let me know if you have any questions, but everything turned out great for my family! I am hoping those who need to upgrade have a good experience as well!

Hi everyone - just wanted to share my positive experience!

I was able to upgrade 6-Day MYW Park Hoppers from UCT to Annual Passes on Tuesday (3/18). I went to Downtown Disney Guest Relations, and had no problem whatsoever. They automatically "bridged" the tickets without me asking and were wonderful to work with. They even dated the AP's expiration date to the current date (3/18) instead of the date I first used the MYW tickets, which was (3/14). I went late in the evening, probably 8:30/9:00pm.

I agree with a comment that was stated earlier-I think cast members are not always sure what "bridging" means. I just asked "how much would it cost to upgrade to AP's?" although I had made previous calculations to know how much it should cost with "bridging."

Let me know if you have any questions, but everything turned out great for my family! I am hoping those who need to upgrade have a good experience as well!

Glad to hear it worked for you too!

Have there been any reports of being able to add on 1 day to a 5 day MYW ticket from Orbitz? I purchased the 5 day, but dh just decided he might want to add in one more day to that.

Have there been any reports of being able to add on 1 day to a 5 day MYW ticket from Orbitz? I purchased the 5 day, but dh just decided he might want to add in one more day to that.

There have been no reports of being denied the ability to upgrade other than some issues with the price of the upgrade. Some CMs bridging tickets and some not.

I will be upgrading UCT tickets in a week, 6day MYW hopper, fun, NE to Regular AP. I will report back on my experience.

It worked! I updated our passes today which were purchased from UT (6 day MYW park hopper and more no exp) with no problem! I went to city hall in the magic kingdom, Mercedes was the CM. I had the math figured out and at first she said it would be $600 + then said "no wait: $125! ". That's more like it:cool1:!! So happy to have this behind me, now on with the trip!

There have been no reports of being denied the ability to upgrade other than some issues with the price of the upgrade. Some CMs bridging tickets and some not.

I will be upgrading UCT tickets in a week, 6day MYW hopper, fun, NE to Regular AP. I will report back on my experience.

So, what SHOULD the price of the upgrade be? It should be $10 a ticket, right? Going from a 5 day to a 6 day?

Looking forward to hearing how your experience went.

So here's something interesting. Last year I purchased 10 day Park Hoppers w/ the Water Park, etc. option from UT ON 5/26/13 for out trip in June. We arrived and activated tix on 6/12/13. On 6/22/13, we upgraded to annual passes. Today, as we were going through My Disney Experience for our trip in May and our linked annual passes say they expire on 5/21/14??? I thought they would expire on 6/12/14. Anyone have any idea what that might be about? Ticket services isn't open until tomorrow. Thanks!

So here's something interesting. Last year I purchased 10 day Park Hoppers w/ the Water Park, etc. option from UT ON 5/26/13 for out trip in June. We arrived and activated tix on 6/12/13. On 6/22/13, we upgraded to annual passes. Today, as we were going through My Disney Experience for our trip in May and our linked annual passes say they expire on 5/21/14??? I thought they would expire on 6/12/14. Anyone have any idea what that might be about? Ticket services isn't open until tomorrow. Thanks!

Yes, someone for got to update the date. They should be good from the first day you activate the tickets, not the date that UT bought them. I had the same experience.

Upgrading tickets I bought through AAA has been an odyssey. It took time to buy them, over an hour in the parks, THREE visits to our resort front desk, and at least three phone calls since then to get the date corrected after I saw it was incorrect. (Adding the tickets also messed up our Magicband resort access)

This is not the first time I ran into trouble upgrading tickets. I get that some folks don't see losing an hour of park time as any big deal, but I do, especially if it is that critical 9am to 10am park hour!

Simply put, I've lost enough vacation time over the years, to say the risk just isn't worth the tiny ticket savings.

Hmmm... looks like the CM who upgraded your tickets backdated the APs to the date the original tickets were purchased by UT instead of the date of first use. I would think they would be able to see when the tickets were first used in your account. Do you have a receipt from the day you upgraded?

I had the same thing happen. My actual AP said expires Dec 1, 2014 but MDE said it expired in Sept. After multiple emails and phone calls, I had to go in person to guest services to have it fixed. Then, the very very snotty CM said the ticket agent must have written the wrong date on the AP!! I was like, "um....no! I wasn't even at Disney in September. I used my ticket on Dec 1 AND upgraded on Dec 1!" Anyway, she finally changed it on the computer but it was an unpleasant experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter