New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions on what is the best thing to do?

I was planning on purchasing a 6 day PH pass from UT but not before Disney releasing their Winter packages in case the Stay, Play, Dine made more sense for me to purchase. Now I'm wondering if the discount will be released before the ticket changes on Oct. 16th. If I do purchase my tickets ahead of time, I won't be able to purchase the package from Disney without having extra tickets and I don't plan on visiting again for a long time. But now I'm wondering if Disney will even have any discounts offered in the winter with all of these changes...

Thoughts?

Guessing you've seen this but I believe they've relased what your were hoping for!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ney-world-with-this-play-stay-and-dine-offer/

Anyone play around with it enough to figure out how they are coming up with ticket prices? Or is it based on today's ticketing set up, not the one coming?

The room discount offers for early next year are out! I was thinking they might postpone until *after* October 16th, but thankfully, they are out.

Guessing you've seen this but I believe they've relased what your were hoping for!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ney-world-with-this-play-stay-and-dine-offer/

It's been a while since I looked at packages, have they always had wording for "juniors"?

View sample rates based on a 5-night stay in a standard room or studio with 6-day Magic Your Way base tickets for a family of 4—based on 2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9)—within the chart below.​

It's been a while since I looked at packages, have they always had wording for "juniors"?

View sample rates based on a 5-night stay in a standard room or studio with 6-day Magic Your Way base tickets for a family of 4—based on 2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9)—within the chart below.​
That seems new.

Anyone play around with it enough to figure out how they are coming up with ticket prices? Or is it based on today's ticketing set up, not the one coming?
I played around with it a bit this morning and believe it's based on current ticket prices. I attempted to book the exact same trip that we took in January of this year using the P, S, D offer and the price was only $40 more in 2019 than we paid in 2018 which seems to account for normal price increases.

There is also this comment on the page which is how the current pricing is structured:
upload_2018-9-26_11-2-14.png

I went as far as checking out and nowhere did it prompt me to choose a date that I would like to begin using our park tickets so I'm led to believe this offer, at least until Oct 16th, is based on the current ticketing process.

I played around with it a bit this morning and believe it's based on current ticket prices. I attempted to book the exact same trip that we took in January of this year using the P, S, D offer and the price was only $40 more in 2019 than we paid in 2018 which seems to account for normal price increases.

There is also this comment on the page which is how the current pricing is structured:
View attachment 354180

I went as far as checking out and nowhere did it prompt me to choose a date that I would like to begin using our park tickets so I'm led to believe this offer, at least until Oct 16th, is based on the current ticketing process.
Ticket prices would be based on your resort check in and check out date.

Ticket prices would be based on your resort check in and check out date.
No, that's not the case.

I was asked if ticket prices are reflecting the upcoming changes and the answer is no, not yet. The tickets are based on the current model as I played around with checking in and out on a number of different days and the ticket prices were the same.

Last edited:

Ugh... this does not make my trip planning easier! We have Platinum APs that will expire in early November. Not renewing because our next trip isn't until late February/early March. That trip (4-5 days) will be a "tag along" because hubby has a conference for work and gets a free room at Yacht Club. The trip after that may be week before Christmas (5-6 days, probably checking out on Christmas Eve) - crazy, I know - but we're working with a college schedule now and we've never seen resorts decorated for holidays!

So... We'll be visiting for one lower crowd period and one peak. I'm thinking about getting a UT 5-Day park hopper before Oct 15 and upgrading to a DVC Platinum AP in March, which is probably cheaper than buy two separate park hoppers - considering the memory marker and other discounts. But who knows what will happen to the AP program! I guess it's possible my husband will be offered discounted park tickets through the conference, but I'm quite certain those would not be upgradeable. Only other thing I can think of is to buy Platinum AP vouchers now, but I really wasn't planning on spending that money now. So frustrating...what to do, what to do???!!!

Ugh... this does not make my trip planning easier! We have Platinum APs that will expire in early November. Not renewing because our next trip isn't until late February/early March. That trip (4-5 days) will be a "tag along" because hubby has a conference for work and gets a free room at Yacht Club. The trip after that may be week before Christmas (5-6 days, probably checking out on Christmas Eve) - crazy, I know - but we're working with a college schedule now and we've never seen resorts decorated for holidays!

So... We'll be visiting for one lower crowd period and one peak. I'm thinking about getting a UT 5-Day park hopper before Oct 15 and upgrading to a DVC Platinum AP in March, which is probably cheaper than buy two separate park hoppers - considering the memory marker and other discounts. But who knows what will happen to the AP program! I guess it's possible my husband will be offered discounted park tickets through the conference, but I'm quite certain those would not be upgradeable.

Only other thing I can think of is to buy Platinum AP vouchers now, but I really wasn't planning on spending that money now. So frustrating...what to do, what to do???!!!

Yup.
Why not buy an AP voucher now?

1 junior (ages 10 to 17)

"Junior" has always been a "Resort Room" designation.

Two ticket categories: Child (3 yrs to 10 yrs) and Over 10 yrs.

Three resort categories: Child (under 10 yrs), Junior (10 yrs to 17 yrs) and Adult (over 17 yrs.)
Well isn't that bizarre. Wonder why?

Yup.
Why not buy an AP voucher now?
That is certainly the safest option, but requires $3,100 (4 tickets) that was not in the 2018 budget! Buying the park hoppers now and upgrading later allows me to spread out the cost -- paying $470 per ticket now and $245 per ticket later (assuming we can still upgrade park hoppers and they still bridge ticket to gate price).

Last edited:

They've used that designation for years, actually, but very rarely in public marketing materials. It's their term for someone who's an adult as far as ticketing and dining plan (i.e. age 10+) but a child for hotel bookings. It only matters for deciding whether to charge the "extra guest" fee that most Disney resorts have for every adult after the first 2. In that case, an "adult" is 18+, but in every other case Disney charges adult rates for people age 10+.

...and I just noticed that @lanejudy already explained this perfectly well. Never mind! :)

Okay, forgive me, I read the first 20 pages and I've seen this asked but not answered:

How does the "onsite packaging" guidelines apply to DVC members? Anyone know yet?

I haven't read much discussion on how this will effect FL resident ticket pricing. Any thoughts on this? We're planning to buy the 3 day select, one park per day ticket for 12/22-24th. I'll buy online before 10/16 if there's a chance it will go up.

just wondering is it better to buy a multi day ticket now before the prices change
im looking o go next nov 2019 during the days before turkey day

Any tickets purchased prior to October 16th do not fall under the new ticket restructuring.
So if I currently have a 5 day park hopper, I can still upgrade to a 6 or 7 day hopper, correct? And if yes, how will the pricing for those extra days be done? Based on old pricing? Some new magical pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter