New ticket question

firsttimer2007

DIS Veteran
Many, many years ago we purchased magic your way water park and more, non expire, park hopper tickets. We never used them because right after that they sent us a free dining offer. We have been to Disney many times since then but have always had the dining package so had to buy tickets. My kids have decided they are about to old for Disney so we are going one last time. We want to use these tickets. A few years back we activated them by going into epcot so my youngest could upgrade his ticket from a child to an adult ticket.

I read here last night that the turn styles are changing and that we will have to change to the new tickets because the magnetic code will no longer work.

I also read that we can no longer have non expire tickets...

does this mean I will loose all my days on the ticket? We are going for 7 days but have 10 days of park hopper and 10 days of water parks.

Many, many years ago we purchased magic your way water park and more, non expire, park hopper tickets. We never used them because right after that they sent us a free dining offer. We have been to Disney many times since then but have always had the dining package so had to buy tickets. My kids have decided they are about to old for Disney so we are going one last time. We want to use these tickets. A few years back we activated them by going into epcot so my youngest could upgrade his ticket from a child to an adult ticket.

I read here last night that the turn styles are changing and that we will have to change to the new tickets because the magnetic code will no longer work.

I also read that we can no longer have non expire tickets...

does this mean I will loose all my days on the ticket? We are going for 7 days but have 10 days of park hopper and 10 days of water parks.

Your tickets will still work, and you can opt to switch to the newfangled RFID versions at no cost if you choose.

The problem with the No Expire Option, which is why it does not show up on the web site. is people have been misunderstanding the expiration policy. They have been buying the NE tickets and then asking for refunds of the NE portion because of these misunderstanding.

If a person buys them over the phone, or at a ticket-selling location at WDW, the seller can discuss the option with the purchaser to make sure they don't buy what they don't need.

Those of us who sell tickets at WDW do not get a commission on sales (I wish, I wish!) and will work with the Guests to save them money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter