• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New thrill ride @ EPCOT?

ccotis

Mouseketeer
I just heard a rumor regarding a thrill ride at the Imagination Pavilion. Any additional information on this one?

You are probably refering to Soarin', which is almost finished. It is part of The Land, but the building extends to the rear of the Imagination building. Or perhaps it is the raft ride that has been rumored to be going up at the Canada pavilion. The rear areas of Canada and Imagination are pretty close to each other.

A web site called www.screamscape.com has a blurb about this rumor. Sounds interesting. Seems that since a thrill ride can't be put into Spaceship Earth, they are looking for another location.

ccotis said:
A web site called www.screamscape.com has a blurb about this rumor. Sounds interesting. Seems that since a thrill ride can't be put into Spaceship Earth, they are looking for another location.
I beleive you are referring to this (taken from screamscape.com)

"2007 - ???? - Project Gemini - Rumor - (2/6/04) Our latest Spy Transmission tells us about some possible reworking of the old Project Gemini plans to rejuvenate Epcot. I’ve no way of knowing just how solid any of these rumors are right now however, so take all of this with a grain of salt. This latest story claims that Future World will still be renamed Discoveryland with sections to be given the “Montana” style treatment by adding more earthy tones and lots of new trees. As work on Soarin’ near completion in 2005, they hope to have an all new attraction concept set and approved to take over the seasonal Wonders of Life pavilion. There was also a push to add a major launched roller coaster ride to Epcot and since they can’t put it inside SpaceShip Earth, they may now be looking at attaching it to the Imagination Pavilion as a new ride (old rides will stay) called Brainstormers. The basic plot of the ride is said to be a new invention from an Imagination Institute Professor that will launch riders into their very own imaginations, a twisted world to be sure, perfect for a coaster layout."

Screamscape is one of the better rumor sites and has a pretty high accuracy rate, however, rumors regarding project gemini have been around for several years now and none have yet panned out, including the ones that screamscape has posted in the past. It would not suprise me if this one has some grain of truth to it in that someone at Disney may want to do this, but I doubt its much more than a dream at this point. Still, its an interesting rrumor and one we should keep our eyes on.

Thats the one! Very interesting rumor. I think a new ride would be cool. Even better,construct a new ride and bring the old Dreamfinder ride back.

I was under the assumption that Soarin' and the rehab of the Land were one of the aspects of project Gemini. Woudn't that mean that at least THAT part of the rumor has happened? :confused3

mitros said:
I was under the assumption that Soarin' and the rehab of the Land were one of the aspects of project Gemini. Woudn't that mean that at least THAT part of the rumor has happened? :confused3
I didn't think Soarin was part of Gemini, but I could be wrong (I just looked it up, I was wrong). Certainly most of Gemini did not come to pass, but I would love to see it happen (with the exception of Time Racers).

For those new to the Disney rumor thing, here is a link to the Details of Project Gemini:
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=332

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter