• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Theme Park.

CrayzeeDiz

Mouseketeer
I was at Epcot last week and a cast member told me they just broke ground on another theme park in DW. He told me he heard it was going to have huge rollercoaster type of rides. Has anyone else heard of this rumor. :eek:

I've heard tell of a Villian's park that was supposed to be at least 10 years out... Maybe they started early?

Yeah, and them putting up the cake decor on the castle was to disquise it while the military installed missle silos into the spires just incase of Cuba.

No. Disney would say something before anything happens. And it is WAY to close to the opening of AK. Plus, Disney's in a budget crisis, a new park? Hell no.

If it is too good to be true, it probably is.

I'm not kidding !!!!! This CM did not seem to be the type to spread a bad rumor.. I understand that Disney may have its financial problems ( not because of me) but they could have planned this out years ago. We didnt know about the AK until after they started that project. They would keep it quiet to insure that their ideas are not copied before they are finished.

I have heard of a ne Villians park that is due in about 10 years, but that is the only news of this magnitude that is even semi-verifiable.
:bounce:

Great thread,

I thought I was going crazy there for a min. Someone thought it was a bad idea for a new park; Well i dont know about you but I have had just about enough of "Dumbo" and " It's a Small world". Those attractions are so outdated nobody cares anymore. disney has to compete with Spiderman and The Hulk if they want to keep up with Universal. Say I have a great Idea' What about a whole 3/d spiderman type of ride with the Wizard of Oz theme.

I only hope that they did break ground, from what I have heard the Villian Park will be quite Cool
:bounce:

Found out for sure nothing is currently working in the USA; only Hong Kong. When that is complete in about 8 months there will be a new exciting (and for now top secret) project stateside. That is all the info I could get out of my sources.

They're going to clone an attraction from DCA....

The Tortilla Factory

In the thread that ohanafamily made available the poster said that they were asked to take part in a survey. That is a KEY point to this rumor.

I took part in a survey for DAK about 5 years before is opened. I was walking near the Main Street train station and a man asked my wife and I if we would like to take part in a survey that would take 30 - 45 minutes? My wife and I were very excited about this and jumped at the chance.

We were led into the Walt Disney Story theatre and watched a movie with conceptual drawings of the new animal park. After the movie was over we were asked to fill out a survey with questions like: Would you visit this park? and How often would you visit? The best part of the survey is they asked us what name would we like for the park? There were three choices including Disney's Animal Kingdom (which we both voted for).

Shortly after we took this survey groundbreaking happened.

I remember going to the opening of Blizzard Beach and seeing the LARGE clearing that was to become AK from the top of the mountain. It was very exciting to think that we had a small part in that.

I think that a new thrill park based on Villians would be great, I just hope that it is a full day park at opening. We need something to keep the thrill rider's $$$ on property.

So if anyone takes part in a survey about this park please post what questions you were asked.

Frank

Wow, Frank, that's very cool that you were surveyed for AK! I would love to participate in something like that.

I'll take no sides on this....all the rumors are interesting. I was told by a monorail driver that the monorail expansion is going to happen soon.....and, well, I don't think the guy was deliberately misleading us, its just that cm's are often fans just like us and the rumors must fly among them even more rampantly than they do here! I can just see how a cm could overhear a bit of a private conversation among higher ups and draw conclusions that might not be entirely accurate.

I do think there are cm's who enjoy spreading unrealistic rumors too....its human nature. I recall an experiment done by another employee at my former workplace....just trying to see what the wildest rumor he could spread would be....it was quite funny! I wouldn't doubt some cm's play the same game for fun!

I think its really fun to see what does turn out to be true and what doesn't!

This one was on the Link to the relatedthread:
Could it just be that the Imagineers were given the greenlight to start developing ideas/concepts and that rumor is making it's way around? Ideas on paper don't cost that much.... We've all seen/read about all the great

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard Disney released all of its "Imagineers" as a recent cutback...

True or False?

It's bizzare that in the midst of all the budget crisis Disney claims to have, they can still break ground for a coaster park? Is there any verification to what size it would be or how long away it is from opening? I'd heard about a Villain's park before, but with EPCOT the way it is, it kinda surprised me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter