• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New take on "rude cell phone users"

over the hill

Earning My Ears
The other day I was sitting on the couch, with a blanket over me, watching tv, when I heard the door bell ring, then a quick pound, pound on the door. I was getting up to answer it, when it rang again, and quickly followed by pound, pound, pound. Give me a minute, I don't want to trip over this blanket.

So I open the house door, which has a outside screen door on the other side, and just look at the person on the other side. She proceeds to motion to me to open the outside door, I hesitate to do this, how do I know what she wants?

As I fumble with the door latch, it is hard to open, her cell phone rings, and she proceeds to go back down the steps to the sidewalk that leads to the door. I get ready to shut the door again. She turns to me and says " I will be right back to you", and I reply " don't bother, you can just go on your way". If I don't deserve your attention from the start, as you bothered me to start with, just leave, and go about your cell phone business!!

As she left the yard, she threw a flyer on the grass--she was from Hanson Windows--I am sure anyone in MI has seen their ads---Next time someone is in the area I probably won't even answer the door, but this time I was caught as I was sitting in the window.

Does anyone else think this is just plain rude???

Yes - but unfortunately quite common with some cell phone users..

Seems like she was rude right from the start - with all the pounding.. Hopefully she won't be back..:goodvibes

The other day I was sitting on the couch, with a blanket over me, watching tv, when I heard the door bell ring, then a quick pound, pound on the door. I was getting up to answer it, when it rang again, and quickly followed by pound, pound, pound. Give me a minute, I don't want to trip over this blanket.

So I open the house door, which has a outside screen door on the other side, and just look at the person on the other side. She proceeds to motion to me to open the outside door, I hesitate to do this, how do I know what she wants?

As I fumble with the door latch, it is hard to open, her cell phone rings, and she proceeds to go back down the steps to the sidewalk that leads to the door. I get ready to shut the door again. She turns to me and says " I will be right back to you", and I reply " don't bother, you can just go on your way". If I don't deserve your attention from the start, as you bothered me to start with, just leave, and go about your cell phone business!!

As she left the yard, she threw a flyer on the grass--she was from Hanson Windows--I am sure anyone in MI has seen their ads---Next time someone is in the area I probably won't even answer the door, but this time I was caught as I was sitting in the window.

I would send a letter to the management at Hanson Windows. It sounds like their salespeople need better training - and this is the sort of thing that's going to cost them business if it's allowed to continue!

I would be so irked by her behavior, I would call the number on the flier and complain.

It likely will not get you anywhere, but possibly the manager of the company would be interested in the actions of the people representing them?

I think I must be grumpy this week. I complained to the manager of my grocery store about the bagger who putingt my stuff in plastic bags after being handed my "green" bags. Then when I helped reload the "green" bags, she got distracted talking to her friend about her date the night before, and started reloading my groceries back into plastic again.

Yep, maybe I am grumpy. KIds these days.

Next time wave to them from the window, turn around and start watching tv again!

I would send a letter to the management at Hanson Windows. It sounds like their salespeople need better training - and this is the sort of thing that's going to cost them business if it's allowed to continue!
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\
THAT!!!!​

Don't hesitate to let their bosses know. Sure, they will most likely be reprimanded, but you can't feel bad about it... if I were their boss, I wouldn't want that kind of person representing me in the first place.

I would be so irked by her behavior, I would call the number on the flier and complain.

It likely will not get you anywhere, but possibly the manager of the company would be interested in the actions of the people representing them?

I think I must be grumpy this week. I complained to the manager of my grocery store about the bagger who putingt my stuff in plastic bags after being handed my "green" bags. Then when I helped reload the "green" bags, she got distracted talking to her friend about her date the night before, and started reloading my groceries back into plastic again.

Yep, maybe I am grumpy. KIds these days.

I don't think that's "grumpy". I think that's being thoughtful! The alternative is saying nothing, while the rude employees continue to drive business away from the store.

Any business manager who objects to this kind of feedback, doesn't deserve to stay in business.

Several years ago we were looking to replace our windows and I had several companies out to get estimates. A salesman from a popular company (probably equivalent to Hanson) came out to the house. We had been talking for about five minutes when his cell phone rang. Strike one. Then he answered it! Strike two! Then he proceeded to spend almost 10 minutes with a previous customer who was clearly not happy with something, arguing with her to the point he was berating her while sitting at my kitchen table! Strike three! Got the guy out of the house asap and needless to say they did not get our 10k order either!

Several years ago we were looking to replace our windows and I had several companies out to get estimates. A salesman from a popular company (probably equivalent to Hanson) came out to the house. We had been talking for about five minutes when his cell phone rang. Strike one. Then he answered it! Strike two! Then he proceeded to spend almost 10 minutes with a previous customer who was clearly not happy with something, arguing with her to the point he was berating her while sitting at my kitchen table! Strike three! Got the guy out of the house asap and needless to say they did not get our 10k order either!

I don't mind someone's phone ringing, and I don't mind them checking to see who it is (having received more than one "this is the school nurse, please come pick up your child" calls, I sympathize!). But to take a call from another customer??? Rude and unprofessional!!

omg rude rude rude!!
seen or not, I probably would not have answered the door at all.
I don't answer to sales people or strangers anyway.

She was an idiot-no doubt. I try very hard not to be rude with my phone. I hate when people stand in the aisle at the grocery and talk-in my way, blocking passage. I don't talk while I drive, I don't talk in a restaurant, I don't talk in the grocery. I HATE it when I have to listen to someone else's conversation-in the doctor's office for instance. It's embarassing and crosses all my boundaries. People, sit in your car-go outside-walk away....

I would call the company and complain.

I'd be irritated not only by the whole cell phone thing, but just as much by the knocking on my door and distributing flyers as well.:sad2:

I would call the company and share with them the story of their employee's behavior.

I don't know why people don't understand that it is the height of rudeness to take a cell phone call while you are in someone else's presence unless you truly think that the call is an emergency. An electronic device shoul d never take precedence over a live person.

What's up with the Hanson window employees? :confused3

You had a bad experience with one and I did too when I was waitressing. I waited on two young men with Hanson Window jackets on. The next people (an elderly couple) that sat at that table noticed honey had been poured into the sugar jar, and when I went over to fix it the salt/pepper tops had been loosened as well so that if someone went to use them they would fall off and ruin their meal with the salt or pepper. :(

I couldn't believe, a few hours later, the same two young men came back! And sat at the SAME table!! I got brave enough and confronted them about what they had done. One hung his head and was very sheepish, but the other one tried to lie their way out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter