New "Summer Rates" up

I just returned from vacation yesterday. I had switched my rate from 183.00(AAA) to 149.00(Summer special) at the last minute. Was told by a Loews rep when switching that the summer special was not a qualifying rate. That was not a problem for me. After showing my platinum card, the person checking us in upgraded us to a king suite...I did not request this. I had requested Tower 1 but was told no suites available there so they placed us in Tower 2. Ended up that I didn't care for the suite anyway and it reeked of smoke (non smoking room). We then were switched over to Tower 1 in standard room. The upgrade was supposedly a pool view but all we really saw was a huge tree in front of the window...room 1230. Was not that happy with the room but we just left things alone. We also did receive the cookies and milk welcome gift, along with turn down service. I have to say, as much as I love the RP (have stayed there every year since their opening), I did see a bit of a decline in the hotel. The suite they gave us originally reeked of smoke, coffee table was missing (I knew that because my son and wife also had a suite right above us and they had the table) and did not seem that clean. Our standard room was fine (except for it's location and view) but the pool area was not kept that clean. On Saturday, we sat at the pool area from about 6am-10am while doing laundry and never saw anyone clean the pool. There was tons of sand at the bottom and floating debris. We also noticed other areas of the pool and grounds that haven't been kept up. Just an observation, I will probably stay there again next year.

Ugghh! I am still disappointed that these "summer rates" are beating the APH rate! At the RPR, a standard room with APH is $179. The summer rate (available to anyone and everyone who stays at least 5 nights) is $139. Wh-wha-what?! This is during low season, in September, after Labor Day. :(

The AP site is advertising rooms starting at $129 per night (which usually means standard RPR room), but I have YET to find that rate for any of the dates which they advertise (August 6 - September 28), and I have been checking about 2x per day for months!

What happened to the stay 3 nights, get one free special they ran last year?! (Not that I was expecting the exact same offer again, but honestly, $179 with an AP during very low -- and hurricane -- season for a standard room? It's unusual is all I am saying.)

I wrote a nice e-mail to the AP office to let them know that they are advertising something that never existed (the $129 rate). Let's see if I hear back.

The summer rates thing is kind of a pain. Right now we have PBH @159 for Sunday night. I want to add Saturday at RPR for 149 Summer or 159.30 AAA and the Loew's site says not available. If I check Fri. and Sat. they are available. I'm considering getting Fri. and Sat. and cancelling Fri. The next question is to get the 149 or go for the 159.30 to be guaranteed the suite? This is for Labor Day weekend.

I just changed AAA rate to the $149 summer rate, I did it throught the Lowes central number and was told this would be a qualifying stay still.

After getting an e-mail from Loew's, I called about the summer rate. I was told (after first being told no it isn't qualifying, then yes it is) it has to do with the number of nights required to get a qualifying stay (4 at PBH). We have a reservation for 3 nights over labor day weekend and as Platinum member already had the portofino suite booked. I didn't want to pay a cheaper rate (only $8 dollars less per) and not get the automatic suite upgrade so I just stayed with the AAA rate.

It did irritate me enough to ask that I be removed from the Loew's e-mail list. The whole thing had a "bait and switch" feel. The money wasn't that big of deal (2 martini's at the velvet bar cost more) but the hassle of talking to 3 different people all with different answers and then to discover it is only for stays of 4 or more nights for the Universal resorts. The Loew's site should just state the requirements then I would have known and not wasted my time or their time.

Oh well, after the 2 martini's (maybe more) I'm sure I'll feel fine :crazy: .

yourgoingagain? said:
After getting an e-mail from Loew's, I called about the summer rate. I was told (after first being told no it isn't qualifying, then yes it is) it has to do with the number of nights required to get a qualifying stay (4 at PBH). We have a reservation for 3 nights over labor day weekend and as Platinum member already had the portofino suite booked. I didn't want to pay a cheaper rate (only $8 dollars less per) and not get the automatic suite upgrade so I just stayed with the AAA rate.

It did irritate me enough to ask that I be removed from the Loew's e-mail list. The whole thing had a "bait and switch" feel. The money wasn't that big of deal (2 martini's at the velvet bar cost more) but the hassle of talking to 3 different people all with different answers and then to discover it is only for stays of 4 or more nights for the Universal resorts. The Loew's site should just state the requirements then I would have known and not wasted my time or their time.

Oh well, after the 2 martini's (maybe more) I'm sure I'll feel fine :crazy: .

A few days back Loews told me the Summer rates were qualifying, then they came back and said they weren't. Then to top it all off Universal reservations and also the Hard Rock Hotel told me they definitely weren't qualifying and we are staying for twelve nights. I have had to change my rate from 159.00 to 229 to secure a suite.

That stinks. I was told the same but as I said in my previous post, when I checked in I was given the suite upgrade anyway. Funny thing, I didn't really want the suite, and when I looked at it, I knew I definitely didn't want it. It was missing the coffee table and reeked of smoke. We then were switched to Tower 1, supposedly a poolview room, 1230. Not exactly the best location (all the way down hall near the exit) and not the best view (I could barely make out the pool thru a huge tree). I didn't want to go back to the front desk and ask for another room..LOL..(I'm not a complainer really but the suite was really unkept and smelled) so it ended up to be fine. Next time, I will remember to request a specific room as we've had some really great rooms with great views in the past.

We just returned form the HRH. Two days before we were leaving I decided to call and change to Club Level using the Smmmer rates. Before I left, I had posted about the Summer Rates not being a qualified stay. I was really :furious: as this would bring me to platinum, but did it anyway :rolleyes: I immediately e-mailed Lowes quoting their site and expressing my displeasure. Below are the responses I received.

I will look into your request and get back to you by tomorrow. Their is
indeed a signature summer program that has to be booked on the web were LF
amenities do apply, and their is also a summer program that can be booked
through our reservation department which is none qualifying. I would like
to research you booking method and get back to you.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but we will try to accommodate as much
as possible.

Thanks
Carolynn Grep
Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort
Portofino Bay Hotel~ Hard Rock Hotel~ Royal Pacific Resort
e-mail: cgrep@loewshotels.com

The Signature Summer rates listed on the Loews Hotels website should
qualify for LoewsFirst benefits as long as the room type and stay dates are
in coordination with the Signature Summer terms and conditions.
Thanks.

I will be calling in the morning to see if my nights were applied.
By the way- we had a wonderful time, received our welcome amenities, no questions asked, and scored one of the queen deluxe rooms :cool1: Thanks to Fan2CSkr for posting those room numbers - I went in with a loaded gun.

psar said:
We just returned form the HRH. Two days before we were leaving I decided to call and change to Club Level using the Smmmer rates. Before I left, I had posted about the Summer Rates not being a qualified stay. I was really :furious: as this would bring me to platinum, but did it anyway :rolleyes: I immediately e-mailed Lowes quoting their site and expressing my displeasure. Below are the responses I received.

as possible.

Thanks
Carolynn Grep

The Signature Summer rates listed on the Loews Hotels website should
qualify for LoewsFirst benefits as long as the room type and stay dates are
in coordination with the Signature Summer terms and conditions.
Thanks.

I will be calling in the morning to see if my nights were applied.
By the way- we had a wonderful time, received our welcome amenities, no questions asked, and scored one of the queen deluxe rooms :cool1: Thanks to Fan2CSkr for posting those room numbers - I went in with a loaded gun.

I hope they qualified your stay! Deluxe room on CL is the best, glad you got one! :thumbsup2

psar said:
Below are the responses I received.

as possible.

Thanks
Carolynn Grep

Dear Carolynn........
Please go to English class and learn proper grammar............. (sorry...pet peeve.... :blush: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter