New "Summer Rates" up

Guess it can't hurt... it costs me the same. Just a moment on the internet... :) Thanks for the opinions!

Kathy

I just called and spoke to someone about these rates. I was told they do not quallify. She even spoke to a supervisor and they cannot figure out why. While on the phone with me, the operator next to her, also had someone questioning why. Needless to say customer service is not open today, but I did just pen off a very strong e-mail. I did go ahead and change my AAA rate anyway. I had a deluxe booked for $233 and decided to upgrade to club for the $279. Now I will have to figure out how to get one of the coveted deluxe rooms on the club floor.

goofy! said:
I was told a qualifying rate was any rate that could be found on the Loews website and was available to everybody.

AAA rates qualify but APH don't? AAA is available for purchase to everyone but so are the Annual Passes. You would think that Loew's would support/encourage Universal customers with the same benefits as someone who purchases AAA.:car:

Motherfletcher said:
AAA rates qualify but APH don't? AAA is available for purchase to everyone but so are the Annual Passes. You would think that Loew's would support/encourage Universal customers with the same benefits as someone who purchases AAA.:car:

You would think, wouldn't you.

My guess is because AAA gives them their coveted 4 star rating, they make an exception for the AAA members. I think it a good thing that they work with AAA to maintain that 4*, so I won't complain. Even though my room is booked with the play 4 free package instad of my AP so I get suite. AP rates were cheaper. And obviously, we don't need the tickets.

I should clarify myself though on what LoewsFirst told me about "available to everybody". I should have added "without having to buy something in addition - AAA excluded."

Sorry, I forgot that part :blush:

psar said:
I just called and spoke to someone about these rates. I was told they do not quallify. She even spoke to a supervisor and they cannot figure out why. While on the phone with me, the operator next to her, also had someone questioning why. Needless to say customer service is not open today, but I did just pen off a very strong e-mail. I did go ahead and change my AAA rate anyway. I had a deluxe booked for $233 and decided to upgrade to club for the $279. Now I will have to figure out how to get one of the coveted deluxe rooms on the club floor.

Just curious - did you call Universal or did you call Loews First?

And were you inquiring on the Universal rates or the Loews rates.

Hi,

Does anyone know if you book a room through Loews with the Summer Special rate whether you would still get an upgraded room?

I'm platinum and I'm wondering if I book a garden-view room for September at $159 a night whether I would get the usual King Suite Upgrade?

Thanks, OP! We are going Saturday, and I was able to save $30 a night off my AAA rate despite being within the five day cancellation window (I could change my rate with no penalty). The reservation agent did say I would not get my Loew's perks, but as a PP said, I can buy a lot of cookies and milk for $30 a night!

Thank you! Looking forward to our first on-site stay and first visit to IOA! :cool1:

I just tried to make a reservation on Sept. 2 (Labor Day weekend) at RPR for $149. They told me that that rate was not available. I told them it was online. They tried to get 159 out of me but I refused. I booked the 149 on-line then called to see if I could get an upgrade. They said no. I canceled. I can get AAA for 159.20 and I know I can get a bunch of cookies for $10.20 but I can't be guaranteed a suite. I'm getting PBH for 159 APH the following day and I bet real money that I'll be upgraded to at least a suite there. This is frustrating! Yasmin is gone and I can't get Ray Coleman to even answer an email.

This is the official word from Loews on recieving benefits with the new summer rates:

Thank you for your inquiry. If you make your reservations directly through Loews Hotels, by calling 1-800-LOEWS-11, the LoewsFirst benefits will always be extended to you as a valued member. Please note that upgrades and other benefits are subject to availability.

Regarding the Signature Summer rate of $159, if your reservation details follow the terms & conditions of the Signature Summer campaign, you will be able to receive this rate. One of our LoewsFirst reservations representatives will be happy to assist you in determining this.

Thank you for choosing LoewsFirst.

pauldents said:
This is the official word from Loews on recieving benefits with the new summer rates:

Thank you for your inquiry. If you make your reservations directly through Loews Hotels, by calling 1-800-LOEWS-11, the LoewsFirst benefits will always be extended to you as a valued member. Please note that upgrades and other benefits are subject to availability.

Regarding the Signature Summer rate of $159, if your reservation details follow the terms & conditions of the Signature Summer campaign, you will be able to receive this rate. One of our LoewsFirst reservations representatives will be happy to assist you in determining this.

Thank you for choosing LoewsFirst.

Days ago I posted on this thread that I called the Loews First # and was told these Summer rates did qualify for the loews first benefits. So many after me got different answers and many stated they would NOT honor this rate as qualifying.

I am thrilled to see you got it in writing but upon closer examination once again as usual Loews baffles and confuses. The first paragraph really isnt true and I cant believe they even said it. I DO believe it but still its so crazy. Where is the disclaimer that certain rates dont qualify? Basically they are saying if you call the loews first # and make your reservation they will honor your loews first benefits as a valued member and it will ALWAYS be extended? Hmmm really? OK so we can all call and book APH rates and get our loews first benefits. Did I read it wrong?

The second paragraph is where they dazzle you with their magic ;) My reservation details must follow the terms and conditions of the special campaign I would also receive this rate? HUH? The rate isnt in question is it? I thought the question was plain and simple, Do the Signature Summer rates qualify for Loews First benefits? Really the last sentence is the only part that makes sense. Call Loews First reservations and one of their reservationists will decide at that time what you are entitled to and hey, if you dont like what that person has to say, hang up, call back, and ask the next person. :teeth:

I cant wait to see what the bottom line is with these rates.

Fan2CSkr said:
Days ago I posted on this thread that I called the Loews First # and was told these Summer rates did qualify for the loews first benefits. So many after me got different answers and many stated they would NOT honor this rate as qualifying.

I am thrilled to see you got it in writing but upon closer examination once again as usual Loews baffles and confuses. The first paragraph really isnt true and I cant believe they even said it. I DO believe it but still its so crazy. Where is the disclaimer that certain rates dont qualify? Basically they are saying if you call the loews first # and make your reservation they will honor your loews first benefits as a valued member and it will ALWAYS be extended? Hmmm really? OK so we can all call and book APH rates and get our loews first benefits. Did I read it wrong?

The second paragraph is where they dazzle you with their magic ;) My reservation details must follow the terms and conditions of the special campaign I would also receive this rate? HUH? The rate isnt in question is it? I thought the question was plain and simple, Do the Signature Summer rates qualify for Loews First benefits? Really the last sentence is the only part that makes sense. Call Loews First reservations and one of their reservationists will decide at that time what you are entitled to and hey, if you dont like what that person has to say, hang up, call back, and ask the next person. :teeth:

I cant wait to see what the bottom line is with these rates.

I thought the email from Loews didn't make any sense, so I did what they asked and rang them and told them I was platinum, only to be told no suites upgrades available during my stay in September, but they had club floor and deluxe rooms available for 299+. I asked if I could have a complimentary upgrade to one of those, to be told, "no" as they are not suites. I then rang the hotel direct and asked if they had suites, to which they replied,"yes". No King suites, but Kids suites are usually 479, now on a summer special at 335.30. Garden View rooms are 159, but she didn't know whether I would be entitled to any loews benefits, so I've just booked 12 nights @ 159 (for now).

pauldents said:
I thought the email from Loews didn't make any sense, so I did what they asked and rang them and told them I was platinum, only to be told no suites upgrades available during my stay in September, but they had club floor and deluxe rooms available for 299+. I asked if I could have a complimentary upgrade to one of those, to be told, "no" as they are not suites. I then rang the hotel direct and asked if they had suites, to which they replied,"yes". No King suites, but Kids suites are usually 479, now on a summer special at 335.30. Garden View rooms are 159, but she didn't know whether I would be entitled to any loews benefits, so I've just booked 12 nights @ 159 (for now).

All the King Suites are booked up for your dates in Sept? Wonder if its a convention. I know that the suite upgrades include the kids suites as I have been given a kids suite as an upgrade using my platinum twice now. I like it much better than the king suites but I go with kids not sure if you do.

I would have done exactly what you did and booked the $159 rate and then work on securing the suite. I hope it all works out for you. With your HRH loyality it behooves them to give you the suite!

We just returned from a great trip to Loews Miami Beach where we received the Signature Summer rates, were upgraded to the top floor St. Moritz Suite and was treated like royalty because of our Platinum status.
The rates for RPR and HRH are posted as follows:
Rate Description:
SUPER SAVINGS - Enjoy special end of summer savings, stay longer and save more! Not combinable with other offers.

When I asked for an upgrade they said that these rates were so low that they can't be combined with the Loew's First benefits. I think its bull and reminded them of several stays that were less than the RPR $149.
I got a little miffed at the reservationist that said she showed were no rooms at the SUPER SAVINGS rate because they are still on the website. She, too, asked if I'd been to RPR and I told her, "Yes, many times." She then proceeded to try and sell the place to me by telling me that the rooms had 335 square feet,... and a bunch of other propaganda that I already knew.
I called the Loew's First number ( in Arizona BTW) and they said that they couldn't help. I had to go through the Universal reservationist. I told the girl from Universal that this only happens at the Universal Loews hotels and that I hope my call was recorded and listened to by someone empowered to make a difference.

Fan2CSkr said:
All the King Suites are booked up for your dates in Sept? Wonder if its a convention. I know that the suite upgrades include the kids suites as I have been given a kids suite as an upgrade using my platinum twice now. I like it much better than the king suites but I go with kids not sure if you do.
I am also a Platinum that travels with 2 children and I am always told there are no upgrades they can give me because a King Suite only sleeps 3. I always wind up paying for the kids suite (using only my AAA discount). :confused3 Can you give me any advice on how to get them to offer me the kids suite?
Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Orlando_Addict said:
I am also a Platinum that travels with 2 children and I am always told there are no upgrades they can give me because a King Suite only sleeps 3. I always wind up paying for the kids suite (using only my AAA discount). :confused3 Can you give me any advice on how to get them to offer me the kids suite?
Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

I call ahead and speak to Chris Garcia. I have had many stays at HRH and do bring that to his attention. Before calling him I call 1-800-563-9712, Loews First Customer Service and try to secure the suite before my stay.

HRH is the hardest of the three onsites to get a suite. It helps greatly to stay off season. I have also been upgraded to a deluxe room when a suite wasnt available but that happened when we checked in.

Thanks for the advice!!!
I'll have to try Chris,I have had quite a few stays there myself and am about to go back in two weeks He just sent me a mail regarding quick check in for Playinum members so maybe I will give him a call and see if I can secure any upgrades

I booked at RPR using my aph. The man at guest services said that it was not a qualifying stay. he also said that I would not get the points but will get the amenity...ex, cookies and milk or wine and nuts.

jillybeene71 said:
I booked at RPR using my aph. The man at guest services said that it was not a qualifying stay. he also said that I would not get the points but will get the amenity...ex, cookies and milk or wine and nuts.

The APH rate doesnt qualify did you check the AAA rate? Sometimes thats a greater discount and it is qualifying. I have used the APH rate and sometimes didnt get the welcome amenity either. For the $ you saved you can go buy a nice welcome amenity ;)

Fan2CSkr said:

I would have done exactly what you did and booked the $159 rate and then work on securing the suite. I hope it all works out for you. With your HRH loyality it behooves them to give you the suite!

Thank you for your advice.

Not too sure, but I read somewhere they are renovating the rooms, so they may be doing the King Suites first and that's why there aren't any available.

We have stayed in a King Suite during our last four stays, including our last trip which was 19 nights! We have never had a problem securing one before. The time we usually go in mid-September the occupancy rate is usually running at around 30% mid-week and is an ideal time to go and also to secure an upgrade, that's why I was surprised they had nothing available.

We have a room booked at a very good rate and that's all that matters for now. Anything else will be a bonus.

It is interesting that they will upgrade to a kids suite if you are platinum. A kids suite would be ideal for us (2 adults and a 3 year old daughter). Maybe I should work on trying to secure one of these :banana: Do you know who would be the best person at the Hard Rock to speak to? A guy called Mark Shouger took care of a couple of our previous reservations, although i'm not too sure if he still works over there?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter