New suggestions for our ADRs?

disney*mom*82

DIS Veteran
We will be going back to WDW March 10-17th 2012 and will have free DDP and Im looking for some new suggestions. We willbe eating sometimes just as our family (DH and myself (vegetarian), DS14, DD12, DD4 (vegetarian)) This is our 7th trip since 2008 and we have had DDP all but one trip, so we have been able to try many places, but I feel like we just want to stick to most of the same ones. I want to try new places.

Also, along with us, sometimes we will eat with DHs family, which is his parents, 3 sisters (one who is only 10) and their other little girl they have raised, who will be 4. The 4 yr old doesnt sit or mind well in restraunts at this time, we hope it will change before then, but IDK.

Any ideas for just us or as a big group? There are 2 vegetarians, 2 young children 3 middle aged children to consider here.

Places we frequent are:
Planet hollywood, raglan road, Chef Mickey, Ohana, 1900 PF, Tutto, Via Napoli, 50's Prime Time. So, Im looking for suggestions other than those.

I really appreciate any help, of course Ive got plenty of time, just getting ansy already, even though we just got back from WDW, I love planning though!

Crystal Palace would be fun for little ones and it is a buffet. Our kids ate great that night and the characters kept them entertained.

Liberty Tree Tavern--we really enjoyed their food, salad & veggies were great. But might be good b/c not enough variety for your family.

I have the same problem with my little ones, they always want to get up. That is why we do a lot of buffet/character meals. Those seem to be the only place they sit still the most.

Biergarten should be good for any kids who don't want to sit through a whole meal. They have big tables for a group your size, the kids can get up and dance when the band is playing, and it's a buffet so there is a lot to choose from.

For the vegetarians , check out the Wave ! Plus , they based on their seating , it seems to me, they can accomodate big groups --- then , you can hop the monorail to maybe check out Wishes post dinner ! Have fun !!!

Biergarten - good food, nice variety, and intermittent band performances where the kids can go dance and jump around and use up all that energy. Available for lunch or dinner; dinner has a few more meat entree items but I believe everything else is the same.

Boma - good food, includes a lot of vegetarian options. Buffet should allow for lots of individual choice. Dinner only.

Yak & Yeti (TS in AK) - probably more for your immediate family group, but the food is good and I believe several of the noodle options would work well for the vegetarians, simply have the kitchen not add the meat (usually chicen). Lunch = dinner = same menu & same prices all day.

Restaurant Marrakesh - live music, kids intermittently invited to dance with the belly dancer, fathers intermittently smacked by mothers for watching the belly dancer :lmao:, more vegetarian options. Lunch or dinner, 2 different menus.

I was going to suggest the POR FC for CS, but then I saw your ticker... :rotfl2:

We love the atmosphere at the Sci-Fi. The kids get a kick out of the corny movies, and the car tables would be an easy way to keep a little one entertained (and blocked in)!

I love the planning too! So enjoy!

Thank you for the input so far! I think of the places mentioned, they only one we have eaten at so far is CP. Dh hates buffets, but I like them since it is hard to find one place that has something to please everyone.
Keep the ideas comming...CS too!

I was going to suggest the POR FC for CS, but then I saw your ticker... :rotfl2:QUOTE]

:cutie: Yes, we eat CS at POR quite a bit, love their variety and plenty for vegetarians!

We like the Plaza at MK. I am not sure what they serve for vegetarians..I never really paid attention! :confused3
I know Mama Melrose at DHS has some meatfree pastas/pizzas! They are yummy...
Tusker House at AK has a good buffet. We have eaten there for lunch only, but it is one of the places we return to every year! It has some unusual foods and them some common ones as well.
Raglan Road at DTD has good food too but once again I never paid attention to what they have available for vegetarians but I'm sure they have something. And a friend of mine said they will add/take away different things if you ask to talk to a chef!
Hope this helps!
Have a great trip!

Hollywood and Vine, although the buffet food isn't that spectacular, is a fun place for kids.

The characters from Playhouse Disney really give the kids a work out; lots of singing, dancing, parading... Character meals are breakfast and lunch, buffet fare. They have vegetarian options. Some of us are vegetarians, too, and H&V had plenty of fruit, mac and cheese, fish, etc. Our grandkids love this place. We have a couple of "Tiggers" who cannot seem to sit still for long...

I can recommend the following from a veggie point of view: Tusker House, Boma, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose, Hacienda, Cantina, WPE/WPC

For vegetarians, I'd suggest Boma. They have a great variety. I'm not a vegetarian but usually end up eating vegetarian there.

For the 4 year old who doesn't sit well, I'd stick to character meals and buffets. Characters meals break up the meal with some activity and buffets tend to be quicker and they can eat right away without having to wait. Biergarten (although might be tough for veggies), Akershus (I love the mushroom pasta there), Crystal Palace (I think they had a decent amount of vegetarian stuff there.

I also would guess that Garden Grill could come up with something good for vegetarians given their use of the produce grown on site. Plus, the charcter interaction there is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter