New Studio for Tuesday Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig and Ryno are popular enough in the Dis community that they could either forge ahead on their own, or join another existing company.

Not after this if they don’t address it and try to cover it up. Ryno is always preaching moral stances. If he pretends none of this happened, that’s insane hypocrisy.

Agreed! And thank you @SeanWM48 for trying to bring this information to light here a few days ago (which was promptly deleted).
appreciate that. at the time i was just shocked and had to say something. i knew it would get deleted. I think they limited my IP address or something because the boards don't load for me anymore unless I use other devices (ipad or phone)

because, ya know, by all means shut me up, I'm the jerk for calling some attention to what was happening in real time on a public forum

Like it's that easy to just buy a board. The seller has to agree to sell first.
If you know about a few past events regarding buying these boards, you'll know it's possible. And if the seller is in major debt . . . it might be even easier to buy than it was a few years ago. The seller might not have a choice over whether or not to sell.

Not after this if they don’t address it and try to cover it up. Ryno is always preaching moral stances. If he pretends none of this happened, that’s insane hypocrisy.
I doubt they'll pretend none of it happened. I imagine in time they will address it (or at least address what they're legally allowed to say)?

appreciate that. at the time i was just shocked and had to say something. i knew it would get deleted. I think they limited my IP address or something because the boards don't load for me anymore unless I use other devices (ipad or phone)

because, ya know, by all means shut me up, I'm the jerk for calling some attention to what was happening in real time on a public forum

They’re all complicit now in covering it up. But at least they’re letting this convo continue

If you know about a few past events regarding buying these boards, you'll know it's possible. And if the seller is in major debt . . . it might be even easier to buy than it was a few years ago. The seller might not have a choice over whether or not to sell.
Of course it's possible. If you have money first.

Dustin said on that other board that the team didn't know. He never told anyone.

Sean said he tried to stay away from the team to keep them out of the drama.

Not direct quotes of course, but something like that!

They probably all had a feeling something was going on, but probably couldn't imagine that it turned out to be what it was! I mean JL said it was a toxic workplace, they might have just chalked it up to that???

Either way I'm going to give the other team members the benefit of the doubt. Just my opinion.

Well they all definitely know now. The next few weeks will tell the tale

Why are Craig and ryno staying then? If this is all 'true' there is no way they wouldnt have been exposed to it since their time there. Hope these allegations are not true and this is all a misunderstanding. If it is true, shame on the enablers and people who stuck around to promote. Shame on me too.
There is no way that what happened is a misunderstanding.

Glad to see this finally being discussed on here in an open format.

Very noticeable how much happier they all seemed on the latest Unplugged, in my opinion - not a coincidence. My hope is that Ryno and Craig (with the support of John and Kevin) get their opportunity to utterly reimagine this podcast, modernise it and take it in a new direction. They are great personalities, knowledgeable, fun but they have looked beaten for the last year or so - is it any wonder with what the atmosphere must have been like working from Pete's house? It's sad that people are saying that they're 'enablers' without any of us having a clue what was truly known. Sure, you can make assumptions that something isn't quite right, but you can't just accuse your boss of impropriety if you have no burden of proof and nobody has outwardly said anything (and the ones involved, Sean and Dustin, have only recently opened up on their story).

I hope that the future allows some of the great personalities that have been and gone, quite possibly due to 'things' happening to either return if they wish every now and then or to maybe open up on what transpired? People like Oliver as an example. He was great fun and was just....gone - without comment or closure. I am sure we can reel off plenty of other names in a similar vein (Charles? Deni? Panda? Fiasco? Drake? So on, and so forth) and whilst some have had a bit of a goodbye uttered, some have had nothing and just stopped appearing. We are owed nothing as an 'audience', it's a job to these people and privacy should be respected, but let's be real - it's always seemed a bit weird how randomly people have just evaporated.

I am waffling - bottom line from my perspective, I love The DIS Unplugged. When I booked our first trip from the UK to Orlando in 2017, it was my first place that I found for news and information on trip planning, as was this messageboard. I have grown to really enjoy a lot of the personalities over the years and truly do think Ryno and Craig from the remnants of what is left of the podcast are really great at what they do when they have the passion and energy to do it. I hope the show goes on with them both, under a new name, under a new management structure, in a new location and that (more importantly) ALL of those that have (allegedly) fallen foul of DISGUSTING behaviour are appropriately given the closure and understanding that they so rightly deserve.

The team should expect the audience has serious and hard questions for them.
I think they do, and that is why this chat is now being allowed to continue. I would imagine they are dealing with the feelings we are having right now all the more intensely. Its just a matter of what they are able to say/do legally as a response right now.

I’m saying all of the above to say I think they feel like they are owed a whole lot of explanations right now as well. A lot that they’ll never be able to get and a lot that they won’t be able to make sense of. Legally, their hands are tied as to what they can tell us.

I have read through what is on the other board. Dustin has made it very clear that nobody on the team knew what was alleged. I’m respectfully believing him in that assertion. Its just all….a lot

Glad to see this finally being discussed on here in an open format.

Very noticeable how much happier they all seemed on the latest Unplugged, in my opinion - not a coincidence. My hope is that Ryno and Craig (with the support of John and Kevin) get their opportunity to utterly reimagine this podcast, modernise it and take it in a new direction. They are great personalities, knowledgeable, fun but they have looked beaten for the last year or so - is it any wonder with what the atmosphere must have been like working from Pete's house? It's sad that people are saying that they're 'enablers' without any of us having a clue what was truly known. Sure, you can make assumptions that something isn't quite right, but you can't just accuse your boss of impropriety if you have no burden of proof and nobody has outwardly said anything (and the ones involved, Sean and Dustin, have only recently opened up on their story).

I hope that the future allows some of the great personalities that have been and gone, quite possibly due to 'things' happening to either return if they wish every now and then or to maybe open up on what transpired? People like Oliver as an example. He was great fun and was just....gone - without comment or closure. I am sure we can reel off plenty of other names in a similar vein (Charles? Deni? Panda? Fiasco? Drake? So on, and so forth) and whilst some have had a bit of a goodbye uttered, some have had nothing and just stopped appearing. We are owed nothing as an 'audience', it's a job to these people and privacy should be respected, but let's be real - it's always seemed a bit weird how randomly people have just evaporated.

I am waffling - bottom line from my perspective, I love The DIS Unplugged. When I booked our first trip from the UK to Orlando in 2017, it was my first place that I found for news and information on trip planning, as was this messageboard. I have grown to really enjoy a lot of the personalities over the years and truly do think Ryno and Craig from the remnants of what is left of the podcast are really great at what they do when they have the passion and energy to do it. I hope the show goes on with them both, under a new name, under a new management structure, in a new location and that (more importantly) ALL of those that have (allegedly) fallen foul of DISGUSTING behaviour are appropriately given the closure and understanding that they so rightly deserve.
I believe you just said what I was trying to convey a whole lot better than I could

My thought are with everyone involved and I hope that the podcast (and everything else associated with it) continues and grows. I will be pleased to hear John and Kevin more often.

I truly doubt John and Kevin will be a bigger part of the show going forward. They have no interest in this stuff anymore

Why are Craig and ryno staying then? If this is all 'true' there is no way they wouldnt have been exposed to it since their time there. Hope these allegations are not true and this is all a misunderstanding. If it is true, shame on the enablers and people who stuck around to promote. Shame on me too.

Yeah, it's not a misunderstanding. If it was, the perpetuator would have issued strong denials or whatever else at this point. Meaning he doesn't know this is in the wild, has been advised to say nothing by a lawyer or can't refute since it is correct.

In any case, the AMEX case is public knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter