New Star Wars: Rogue One trailer During Olympics

Haha sounds between a 10 year old girl and a gorilla haha.

I can't wait. I think this trailer gave just enough away to draw people in with out revealing the whole hand.

I just made sounds that were a cross between a 10 year old girl and a gorilla.

I was making more a gurgling noise, while involuntary bouncing up and down looking at my Iphone screen (wouldn't have been featured in the breaks of our Olympic coverage as its shown on a channel with no ads)

I thought, for me, it was quite a conservative reaction, although the person sitting on the Train next to me didn't see too amused lol

finally they are getting the word out about this movie ... they must be afraid no one would go since clearly there is no interest in Star Wars anymore

Yey! I can't wait! I was working last night so I missed the premiere during the Olympics. My DH made a similar sound when they announced they would be showing this the night before- I can't imagine how he sounded when he actually saw it!

I thought the commercial was really "odd" and confusing, but probably 'cause I don't "do Star Wars stuff". I turned to my friend and said "What the heck was THAT all about?" :)

Link if anyone hasn't seen it.

I can't wait, anyone know if they said when tickets will be on sale?

I thought the commercial was really "odd" and confusing, but probably 'cause I don't "do Star Wars stuff". I turned to my friend and said "What the heck was THAT all about?" :)

do you know anything about the plot? If not, basically it takes place right before Episode IV (so the first movie ever made, not the prequels) and is about the group that stole the plans to the Death Star which is obviously a key plot point to Episode IV

not sure if that helps make the trailer make more sense or not. It shows that group being assembled basically

Thanx @TheMaxRebo, appreciate it (and you not thinking there is something fundamentally flawed about me not being a Star Wars fan).......or maybe ya do? :rotfl2:

Thanx @TheMaxRebo, appreciate it (and you not thinking there is something fundamentally flawed about me not being a Star Wars fan).......or maybe ya do? :rotfl2:

People can be fans of whatever they want (well, I mean, as long as it is legal) or not

As someone who grew up a bit of a geek it is nice that so much of that has gotten more mainstream though ... now excuse me while I go watch some more professional wrestling ;)

I'll admit to not being much of a Star Wars fan either. I liked the original movie. I liked the sequels less and less. I haven't even seen all of the prequels. And I was quite underwhelmed by the new one last year. I thought it was basically a remake of the original with different people. I get the whole nostalgia thing and seeing the original cast reunited but beyond that, I didn't think it was as wonderful as everyone around me did.

I do love riding Star Tours, though, if that counts for anything.

Having been raised as a Star Wars baby, just the first few note of music always make me smile.

Love the last lines - "Are you with me?" / "All the way". Yes! We certainly are! So excited about this one.

Plus I am loving seeing some female leads kick butt in the new Stars Wars universe. I need to get my daughters hooked on Star Wars somehow.

Last edited:
It looks great. For a stand alone movie, I think they picked a great plot point to explore. I'm looking forward to seeing this and Doctor Strange this Nov/Dec. I bet the Disney promo/ad team is biding their time waiting for the 3rd trailer to have James Earl Jones/Vader speak a line and the world will lose it collective mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter